JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discusión sobre Destiny 2
6/11/2019 7:17:59 AM

Menagerie is revealing more and more information by the day

Shifting the discussion away from Shadowkeep for the time being. What memorable quotes, lore secrets, etc. are you all finding interesting/revealing? For me, the menagerie is certainly showing Calus is not just a robot anymore. I think Calus, given the low an eerie tones during the undercroft, etc. and higher pitched tones for the Gauntlet as an example is showing his true understanding of the darkness capabilities. Remember that Oryx, after studying and studying and studying was never truly put in the depths with the darkness lore wise (this I think was a good overall not-explored-concept on bungie's part because we wouldn't be aware of his dealings. Only that he truly was an explorer of it). Calus saw it up close and personal though from his journals so to speak. Our knowledge of the darkness and ascendent planes is growing due to increased contact in activities with creatures who... for all their normal tendencies... seem to have an inner connection of intrigue to our parallel stance as light bearers. My most recent encounters in the menagerie through shared this intel, "The vex you fight are like farmers and simpletons. They are not warriors" or something to that effect. I think it's been a long time coming honestly that people stop thinking the pyramid ships are solely darkness because the concept's at play here is about misdirection. It has been for the entire expansion. If you think it might be one thing? It might very well be... or it might be what it really was for the area it was in. Hence the moon and other areas being so well occupied/fortified and what you think might be a good deed? Might turn out to be a terrible terrible curse of an idea. What do you think the menagerie is trying to teach us/ memorable quotes?

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• I do enjoy how this drop strays from the general “gathering allies” motif and instead highlights how Calus is likely not someone who would help us when the end comes.

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• Editado por KS27: 6/12/2019 7:44:49 PM
    This is all very interesting. I would like to correct your statement about Oryx. Oryx spoke with the Deep personally [i]twice[/i]. The first conversation (where he became Oryx, the Taken King) is not recorded, but the second conversation is recorded: Books of Sorrow XXVIII: King of Shapes [spoiler] https://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/xxviii-king-of-shapes#books-of-sorrow This is the Coronation of Oryx, the Taken King. It happened thus. In the cold abyss of the sword world, King Aurash walked under a cloak of green fire. He walked through the sky and the sky shuddered and froze beneath his feet. He walked until he found Akka, the Worm of Secrets, who was denying a truth until it became a lie. “Akka my God, Worm of Secrets. I am Auryx, sole king of the Hive. I have come to receive a secret. I want the secret power of the Deep, which you hold.” “I give no secrets,” said Akka, whose voice was code. “No,” said Auryx, “you give nothing. Giving is for the Sky. You worship the Deep, which asks that we take what we need.” Akka said nothing, because if it denied this truth, the truth might become false. “But you gave us your larvae, the worm,” said Auryx, “and that is why the worm devours us now: because it was given, not taken. So I must take what I need from you, although you are my god.” Said Akka, “You have not the strength.” But this was a lie. Auryx had killed Savathûn his sibling and Xivu Arath his sibling, and he had the sword logic of killing them. Auryx the First Navigator set upon his god with his sword and his words, and cut Akka to pieces, and took from those pieces the secret of calling upon the Deep. He wrote this secret on a set of tablets, which he called the Tablets of Ruin. And he wore them about his waist. Then Auryx said, “Now I may speak to the Deep, the beautiful final shape. I will be King of Shapes. I will learn all the secrets of our destiny.” His speech to the Deep is not recorded here. But it is known that he returned, and he said, now I am Oryx, the Taken King. And I have the power to take life and make it my own. Then he went out into the universe, and fought the Ecumene with his Tablets. And the Worm his God was pleased.[/spoiler] XXXI: battle made waves [spoiler] https://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/xxxi-battle-made-waves#books-of-sorrow Oryx went down into his throne world. He went out into the abyss, and with each step he read one of his tablets, so that they became like stones beneath his feet. He went out and he created an altar and he prepared an unborn ogre. He called on the Deep, saying: I can see you in the sky. You are the waves, which are battles, and the battles are the waves. Come into this vessel I have prepared for you. And it arrived, the Deep Itself.[/spoiler] XXXII: Majestic. Majestic. [spoiler] https://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/xxxii-majestic-majestic#books-of-sorrow Oryx, my King, my friend. Kick back. Relax. Shrug off that armor, set down that blade. Roll your burdened shoulders and let down your guard. This is a place of life, a place of peace. Out in the world we ask a simple, true question. A question like, can I kill you, can I rip your world apart? Tell me the truth. For if I don’t ask, someone will ask it of me. And they call us evil. Evil! Evil means ‘socially maladaptive.’ We are adaptiveness itself. Ah, Oryx, how do we explain it to them? The world is not built on the laws they love. Not on friendship, but on mutual interest. Not on peace, but on victory by any means. The universe is run by extinction, by extermination, by gamma-ray bursts burning up a thousand garden worlds, by howling singularities eating up infant suns. And if life is to live, if anything is to survive through the end of all things, it will live not by the smile but by the sword, not in a soft place but in a hard hell, not in the rotting bog of artificial paradise but in the cold hard self-verifying truth of that one ultimate arbiter, the only judge, the power that is its own metric and its own source—existence, at any cost. Strip away the lies and truces and delaying tactics they call ‘civilization’ and this is what remains, this beautiful shape. The fate of everything is made like this, in the collision, the test of one praxis against another. This is how the world changes: one way meets a second way, and they discharge their weapons, they exchange their words and markets, they contest and in doing so they petition each other for the right to go on being something, instead of nothing. This is the universe figuring out what it should be in the end. And it is majestic. Majestic. It is the only thing that can be true in and of itself. And it is what I am.[/spoiler] XXXIX also mentions warrior Vex. Combat isn’t the primary purpose of the Vex we have faced, but there are Vex meant for war. We should all know by now that Calus is extremely biased and greatly enjoys spreading propaganda (which is something I love about him, lol), so we need to take everything he says with a grain of salt. [spoiler] https://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/xxxix-open-your-eye-go-into-it#books-of-sorrow The Vex clattered around, constructing large problems. At first their constructions were deranged, because they didn’t understand the sword logic, which defined all rules in Oryx’s throne world. The geometry perplexed them. “I’ll cut them apart,” Crota said. But just then, the Vex ritual-of-better-thoughts manifested a Mind called Quria, Blade Transform. Quria deduced the sword logic. I have to kill everything, Quria resolved. Then I will be powerful. Crota’s gate began to emit warrior Vex, huge and brassy. He leapt forward to fight them, but they blinked away. After they fled from Crota, they killed two thousand of Oryx’s Acolytes and ten thousand of his Thrall. Soon they had established themselves as powers in this world, by right of slaughter. “Come forth, sister wizards,” called Ir Halak. “We need you.” Ir Anûk pulled a sword star out of the sky. Together the wizards charged it with killing power and made an annihilator totem, which they used to smash the Vex. “Close the wound, brother Crota,” Anûk ordered. “We will find a cunning way to destroy them, but only after they stop constructing problems on us.” But Quria had instanced itself to the other side of the gate, and built a holdfast to keep the way open. Quria’s objective was to exploit the paracausal physics of Oryx’s throne to become divine. It organized a series of test invasions. For a hundred years of local time the siblings fought the Vex. When the Vex came into the sword world, they were inevitably annihilated, but when the Hive went into the Vex world, they lost too much of their power to win. “Father’s going to eat our souls,” Halak sighed. Quria captured some worm larvae and began experimenting with them. Soon Quria, Blade Transform manifested religious tactics. By directing worship at the worms, Quria learned it could alter reality with mild ontopathogenic effects. Being an efficient machine, Quria manufactured a priesthood and ordered all its subminds to believe in worship. Then it set about abducting and killing dangerous organisms so it could bootstrap itself to Hive godhood. For some Vex reason, Quria never attempted to introduce worm larvae into its mind fluid. Savathûn was laughing, because she had tricked Crota into cutting that place. This drew the attention of the Worm our God. ORYX, called Eir. SET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER.[/spoiler]

Publicando en idioma:

• My takeaway from it is that Calus has an unhealthy obsession with us and wants everyone else but us dead for some reason. Sorry, Calus, ain’t gonna happen

Publicando en idioma:

• Imma say Calus IS the leviathan.

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
    • % After talking to one of the frames after the Truth quest, Calus gives interesting dialogue about wanting audience with the queen, and wanting to see what lies beyond the borders of the Dreaming City. Then proceeds to say "o champion mine" once more, laughing. Just interesting. He knows a lot. %

Publicando en idioma:

• What does the Vex we fight not being the actual Warriors have to with the Pyramid Ships?? They ARE the Darkness. Everyone knows as much. And why are we not talking about Shadowkeep?

Publicando en idioma:

6 Respuestas
      • Currently I'm really liking the confession lore tab, it feels like the story for Calus but without bias. That isn't saying much considering its written by a Psion who truly loves the big guy, but it's still grounded in reality regardless

Publicando en idioma:

No se te permite acceder a este contenido.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon