DAY 9- Account Issue causing incorrect error code of WEASEL since Monday 11/5/18 on XBox 360
I have played Bungie games since Myth-Fallen Lords. I've been with you since Halo. I vagally remember Gnop for the Mac systems. Can you understand how I / WE (other Bungie gamers) are starting to feel betrayed? Seems I am not the only one having this issue and it isn't platform specific.
There is nothing else I can do to resolve this issue from my side (legally) without starting my characters over on a different Xbox Live profile.
[b][u]PLEASE DONT BETRAY OUR TRUST[/u][/b].
Here is what I have tried to correct this issue and why I have concluded there is a problem with my Destiny account.
1. Monday morning after reset logged in and ran bounties with no issue.
2. Monday afternoon attempted to login in and received Weasel.
3. Checked network connections and XBox Live status. No problems.
4. Rebooted cable modem, router (I am using Ethernet so not a WiFi issue) and XBox 360. No change.
5. Checked router settings and confirmed that required ports are open and/or forwarded for Bungie, Destiny and Microsoft. Confirmed that uPnP and IPv6 was enabled along with checking that NAT was at level 2. No change.
6. Disabled firewall on router. No change.
7. Placed 360 in the DMZ of the router. No change.
8. Powered off all hardware and left unplugged for duration of next day while at work.
9. Before resuming power state, I connected the XBox directly to the cable modem using Cat6.
10. Resumed power to modem and confirmed it connected to Internet. Powered XBox and tried to connect. Still getting WEASEL.
11. Tested with second XBox 360 on work network (cox broadband). WEASEL.
12. Tested on secondary XBox on a different network. (still cox)
13. Tested thru the work SIP network (Birch telecom thru AT&T T1) Still WEASEL
14. Manuaally configured network on console and pointed DNS to nameservers external to cox network. Google 22.214.171.124. and Cloudflair 126.96.36.199 to be specific. WEASEL
15. Created additional XBox live account on secondary 360. Connected with no errors.
16. Tried again with my XBox GOLD account and got the ERROR CODE OF WEASEL!
17. Tried again on my primary console and received the error WEASEL.
In summary. Somewhere in Bungie/Microsoft network, there is a server that contains my account information that can not communicate with my XBox 360 console. Maybe its a problem with the server. Maybe a problem with a switch in your network.
Whatever it is, it is not inside any of the networks I have access and not an issue with any of my equipment.
I find it hard to believe that with all the experience and resources that bungie and Microsoft have, that it has been 5 days that I have not been able to play YOUR game that I PAID money to have access.
If I have time this weekend, I may fire up wireshark and see if I can further diagnose your problem.
Thanks from a lowly Windows/Azure System Admin.
This is the greatest post ive seen yet on this issue. Smart man. Makes me pissd as hell that I payed my money for this game and Bungie is so incompetent that they blame it on me. This is my money that I spent to buy all the dang DLCs, now making me regret playing the game and the franchise. If this issue persists, you can count me out of the community and count me out of the Destiny franchise. Ill move to a more reliable game like B04, even B02, where the Devs care enough to make sure their servers don't completely explode. I don't even want to think about what Bungie could possibly be doing rn that is more important than making sure players can play their own game.