JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discusión sobre Destiny 2
Editado por Archival Mind: 7/26/2018 10:39:51 PM

Calus Has No Power On His Own: Connecting Psionic Abilities with Percieved Strength

<For a while now I've argued that Ex-Emperor Calus has no power of his own. That the power he saw at the edge of the galaxy was the Darkness and that the power he wants to show you is just that. After all, the Darkness is winning, IT always wins. So, let me analyze the Psion Councilors, the powers of free Psions, and their connection to literally every encounter in the Leviathan minus the underbelly and possibly the Gardens. [b]The Castellum:[/b] The Castellum has Councilors occasionally pop up. When they do pop up, they shield Standard Liberators. This shows that Psions can empower other species. Further proof of this is in the Adventure [i]Dark Alliance[/i], where Psions bond with a Centurion to give them the same immunity shields. [b]Royal Pools:[/b] Psion Councilors do not interfere with the Pools encounter very much, only popping up after phase 1 (assuming you didn't destroy every censer before then). The Councilor will spawn a Projection if not dealt with, this is the same for the Gauntlet encounter as well. The main goal of the Pools encounter is to destroy the censers and cleanse the pools. The unfortunate thing is that the pools are covered in some kind of poison. In order to defend against this poison, you can pick up an orb which gives you Psionic Protection. You are being directly or indirectly being protected by a Councilor in order to participate in the test. [b]Pleasure Gardens:[/b] This is the odd one out. Councilors do not appear in this, only normal Psions. Unfortunately, normal Psions aren't what we're looking for. However, the Royal Beasts have Psionic abilities themselves, able to use a "Psionic Howl" which will kill you and your team if not in the safe room. It is unknown whether these beasts are given the ability by Councilors or it's a natural ability. [b]The Gauntlet:[/b] This is Psionic mayhem. The orbs return and will destroy your mind if you cannot complete the game. Fun fact, most if not all Psionic abilites are done with the mind and affect other minds. Once you pass a gate, a Councilor will spawn. Again, if it's not dealt with correctly, it will spawn a Projection. If the Projection is not killed, your minds will go under a mental collapse. Please pay attention to that mental collapse message because it's important. [b]The Throne:[/b] Yeah, this is the big one. For one thing, Councilors are all over this encounter, and so are their projections. Two, Calus uses a head beam and an "Imperial Nova" attack. Another attack possibly related to the Psions is the fire ball. Let's start analyzing. Let's get the fire attack out of the way. Psions in D1 and D2 use elemental abilities constantly. The only ability they haven't been observed to use so far is solar, but if they can tap into the void and use arc, then solar should be easy to use. This would explain how a solar ball seemingly comes out of nowhere when Calus uses it. Now, most of the wipe mechanics for this fight, and even during the raid, have the same sound and screen effect. The "Projection Detonated" message reveals that the Psions are going to put you through another mental collapse. Since the same sound effect is used for the Revive Wipe and the Imperial Nova, we can assume that these are also more Psions working their annoying magic. Now before we get to the Nightmare Realm, lets discuss the head beam. For one thing, this Calus is a robot and it shouldn't be that hard to believe that his head has mechanics to fire a laser beam. But assuming he doesn't have the proper mechanics, may I refer to the Mind Stone (yes, I'm going into Marvel territory for a sec). The Mind Stone grants its user PSIONIC ABILITIES. We all saw what Vision could do. If Calus was empowered by his Councilors, then it shouldn't be that hard to believe he can do half of these things. The Nightmare Realm is defined by the purple aesthetic and the LARGE Calus Projection. Projection... sound familiar? Psions use purple Projections throughout the raid. There you go. Calus is using his own Projection to manipulate the events of the Nightmare Realm. He also has a symbol that appears on his forehead which is different for each player. Psionic Projections still appear around the area and will detonate and cause your mind to collapse. So, despite my post being out of focus, probably because of my bad shoulder, we have enough to get the idea that Calus is using Projections to manipulate the entire Leviathan Trial. It shows the power of Free Psions and how well the Calus bot works with Psionic abilities. Perhaps some may say that this is the power Calus saw at the edge, but it is not. This is another power he may have witnessed many times. This isn't the power he's talking about, but it's a power worth mentioning. Free Psions.> <EDIT: Psions are nowhere in the Gardens encounter, my mistake.>

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• But remember, we fought Robot Calus. Psions definitely did assist in giving the robot power and different attacks, but we have no clue as to if the real Calus has powers or not. He had to reach the previous title “Emperor” somehow, did he not?

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

1 Respuesta
    • I've always suspected that Calus is actually two feet tall.

Publicando en idioma:

• This was always my theory as well. We don't have any evidence of calus actually having any actual power besides his word (which may be a little biased). Especially when we consider that we haven't seen the real calus. Could he be the next oryx and be super powerful? Sure, but at this point I like the theory that calus is nothing special and uses his psions to appear greater than he is

Publicando en idioma:

2 Respuestas
      • What if calus is a psi on, hence the robot and powers?

Publicando en idioma:

• I would note that you say all this having never actually fought calus. Your theory may be correct when it comes to his bots, since they are just robots after all. But not necessarily calus himself. Calus likely has some immense power, but he either cant or chose not to put it into his robots. He instead gave them some advanced powerful weaponry, a powerful shield, and you could be right that he then used a bunch of strong psions to do the whole teleport you to another dimension thing. Although certain parts like his magical killing of the whole team, may very well be part of calus' actual powers, we have no real way of knowing. At the same time you could be totally wrong and all of those things you think are psion abilities are actually abilities that calus gave them. Do remember we have never seen any other psions do things like make projections or have the powers that counsellors have. This could be just because we have never seen an unchained psion, or it could be powers calus gave them. There so far isnt really anything else to suggest that the psions are unchained, nor do we have any idea how powerful or limited psions actually are (they did lose to the cabal).

Publicando en idioma:

6 Respuestas
        • Editado por OvertArtifact38: 7/28/2018 4:40:24 AM
          Plot twist Calus is a psion. He is the Wizard oz. Hiding behind a curtain

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
          • All of these make me think that either Calus has used his Psions to transcend his physical body or Calus is pretty much just 4 Psions in a trenchcoat. Alternatively the same(ish) transformation that afflicted the Awoken may have changed Calus, giving him access to, at the very least , foresight. I'll support The Biggest Belly at the Buffet (or whatever insane titles he has given himself this week) in an attempt to get him to eat the Moon with his whale ship. [spoiler]#BlowUpTheMoon[/spoiler]

Publicando en idioma:

3 Respuestas
            • [quote]<For a while now I've argued that Ex-Emperor Calus has no power of his own. That the power he saw at the edge of the galaxy was the Darkness and that the power he wants to show you is just that. After all, the Darkness is winning, IT always wins. So, let me analyze the Psion Councilors, the powers of free Psions, and their connection to literally every encounter in the Leviathan minus the underbelly and possibly the Gardens. [b]The Castellum:[/b] The Castellum has Councilors occasionally pop up. When they do pop up, they shield Standard Liberators. This shows that Psions can empower other species. Further proof of this is in the Adventure [i]Dark Alliance[/i], where Psions bond with a Centurion to give them the same immunity shields. [b]Royal Pools:[/b] Psion Councilors do not interfere with the Pools encounter very much, only popping up after phase 1 (assuming you didn't destroy every censer before then). The Councilor will spawn a Projection if not dealt with, this is the same for the Gauntlet encounter as well. The main goal of the Pools encounter is to destroy the censers and cleanse the pools. The unfortunate thing is that the pools are covered in some kind of poison. In order to defend against this poison, you can pick up an orb which gives you Psionic Protection. You are being directly or indirectly being protected by a Councilor in order to participate in the test. [b]Pleasure Gardens:[/b] This is the odd one out. Councilors do not appear in this, only normal Psions. Unfortunately, normal Psions aren't what we're looking for. However, the Royal Beasts have Psionic abilities themselves, able to use a "Psionic Howl" which will kill you and your team if not in the safe room. It is unknown whether these beasts are given the ability by Councilors or it's a natural ability. [b]The Gauntlet:[/b] This is Psionic mayhem. The orbs return and will destroy your mind if you cannot complete the game. Fun fact, most if not all Psionic abilites are done with the mind and affect other minds. Once you pass a gate, a Councilor will spawn. Again, if it's not dealt with correctly, it will spawn a Projection. If the Projection is not killed, your minds will go under a mental collapse. Please pay attention to that mental collapse message because it's important. [b]The Throne:[/b] Yeah, this is the big one. For one thing, Councilors are all over this encounter, and so are their projections. Two, Calus uses a head beam and an "Imperial Nova" attack. Another attack possibly related to the Psions is the fire ball. Let's start analyzing. Let's get the fire attack out of the way. Psions in D1 and D2 use elemental abilities constantly. The only ability they haven't been observed to use so far is solar, but if they can tap into the void and use arc, then solar should be easy to use. This would explain how a solar ball seemingly comes out of nowhere when Calus uses it. Now, most of the wipe mechanics for this fight, and even during the raid, have the same sound and screen effect. The "Projection Detonated" message reveals that the Psions are going to put you through another mental collapse. Since the same sound effect is used for the Revive Wipe and the Imperial Nova, we can assume that these are also more Psions working their annoying magic. Now before we get to the Nightmare Realm, lets discuss the head beam. For one thing, this Calus is a robot and it shouldn't be that hard to believe that his head has mechanics to fire a laser beam. But assuming he doesn't have the proper mechanics, may I refer to the Mind Stone (yes, I'm going into Marvel territory for a sec). The Mind Stone grants its user PSIONIC ABILITIES. We all saw what Vision could do. If Calus was empowered by his Councilors, then it shouldn't be that hard to believe he can do half of these things. The Nightmare Realm is defined by the purple aesthetic and the LARGE Calus Projection. Projection... sound familiar? Psions use purple Projections throughout the raid. There you go. Calus is using his own Projection to manipulate the events of the Nightmare Realm. He also has a symbol that appears on his forehead which is different for each player. Psionic Projections still appear around the area and will detonate and cause your mind to collapse. So, despite my post being out of focus, probably because of my bad shoulder, we have enough to get the idea that Calus is using Projections to manipulate the entire Leviat xd by. amm shan Trial. It shows the power of Free Psions and how well the Calus bot works with Psionic abilities. Perhaps some may say that this is the power Calus saw at the edge, but it is not. This is another power he may have witnessed many times. This isn't the power he's talking about, but it's a power worth mentioning. Free Psions.> <EDIT: Psions are nowhere in the Gardens encounter, my mistake.>[/quote]

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por w3rdblader: 7/27/2018 11:06:29 PM
              I think psionic howl would mean that the war beasts have psion powers. Maybe they feed on psions They are a slave race, after all...

Publicando en idioma:

• I think it's clear that Emperor Calus is actually just a psion, maybe a big daddy psion. 😃

Publicando en idioma:

• The lamps in the pools are full of psionic power. The lamps are lowered into the water and that power seeps out (think bag of tea) and flows through out the pools. The bathers soak in this psionic water to strengthen and train themselves. At least thats how i see it. So "Psionic Protection" doesnt mean your being protected BY a psion, but rather have been empowered to temporarily resist the psionic power in the water.

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
              • What about spire?

Publicando en idioma:

• Would it not be possible for the royal beasts to be from the Psion home world. I don’t think they are an offshoot of the cabal warbeast. Yeah they’re quadrupeds but any planet can have that. Or maybe I’m high

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                • [spoiler]The Psion Council Calus keeps are involved in maintaining his Nightmare Realm. It's unclear if Calus himself has anything to do with supporting the Realm as well or if it's solely kept up through Psionic intervention, but we do know that Calus isn't powerful enough to sustain this pocket of reality himself. His power isn't anything to gawk at and it isn't hard to see Calus for the huckster he is if you look just past the surface. His Shadows all went flying dreg-arm first straight on to Ghaul's blade like the ba'din they are and now Calus needs new assassins to do his bidding. He knows that trying to conquer and indoctrinate Earth into his forces like he's done with so many worlds before would be starting a war he couldn't possibly hope to win, so he tries to appeal to the Guardian's more exploitable natures with rewards and glory in hopes of winning their favor. It's deceitful and backhanded and it's dreg strength. Don't forget who your enemy is, Sha'ir bo.[/spoiler]

Publicando en idioma:

• Interesting read but [b]Pleasure Gardens:[/b] This is the odd one out. Councilors do not appear in this, only normal Psions. Unfortunately, normal Psions aren't what we're looking for. Where are psions during pleasure gardens bro? Only warbeasts and beast handlers, or am I in a twilight zone lol

Publicando en idioma:

4 Respuestas
                    Out of curiosity, does this apply to the Calus bot in Spire of Stars? How does he use the orbs to take down Val Ca'our's shield?

Publicando en idioma:

2 Respuestas
                    • What about spire? Calus has no psions of his own present

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                      • He'd be undefeated in sumo wrestling. That's pretty powerful I guess.

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por TheFlyingNarwhal: 7/27/2018 12:33:42 AM
                        This doesn't mean anything. We've never encountered the real Calus, so you have no idea what his personal capabilities are.

Publicando en idioma:

4 Respuestas
                        • Editado por BurnRisingAshes: 7/27/2018 9:20:44 AM
                          What if Calus is dead and the psions are pulling his strings. To be fair there's no evidence to this. It would be highly ironic if the psions where never captured by the cabal but instead just overtook them. just a fun thought. No real logic behind it.

Publicando en idioma:

3 Respuestas
                          • so you are saying calus is just a normal cabal without the pisons.

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                            • in SoS he gives us a vestige if his power with the wisp. Seeing what they’re capable of i’d say he’s not that weak.

Publicando en idioma:

• You’s think psions have any connection to Nezarec because of the helmet looking kinda the same?

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                              • The things you cover that I never would’ve thought of...

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                                • #FreeThePsions

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                                  • One flayer from Dust Palace used solar abilities.

Publicando en idioma:

3 Respuestas
                                    No se te permite acceder a este contenido.
                                    ;
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon