JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Foros

publicado originalmente en: Why are people so upset about Nokris and Xol?
5/10/2018 8:32:22 PM
We didn't like how easy it was to kill Oryx or Crota either. They shouldn't have been simple DLC bosses. But they had RAIDS to kill them. Not only did we kill Crota's brother in a STORY mission, but we killed a Worm God in a story mission. A god that Hive gods like Oryx and Crota worship. If anyone diserves to be a raid boss, its a Worm God. Instead we got another Cabal raid we've been fighting this whole time. Its a major lost opportunity.
English

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• Editado por Ikarosunbound: 5/16/2018 9:07:16 AM
    ok but consider this, tbh. Crota and Oryx were powerful Hive villains because they had Ascendant Realms. They were schmucks in story, and i know people that soloed Oryx's End, only to get completely and utterly stomped in Kingsfall, which was implied to be Oryx's Ascendant Realm. Crota's fight and Oryx's fight were hard because they're not Gods in the real world; They're facets of a god encroaching on our reality. Their true power lay in their Ascendant Realms, almost stated to be total different realities, where they were gods. If we were to send in Hawthorne, or Devrim, they'd be able to maybe fend off the hive and establish a foothold, but never be able to defeat the big bads. Our Light, if i recall correctly, was physics breaking for the simple reason that they defy causality. A god's sword logic wouldn't apply to the Guardians because we go "screw your sword logic, i have the Light." to that extent, the Light really is just a pass to break physics to the imagination of the wielder, physics being defined by whatever shapes reality in that realm. Gods wouldn't be able to simply click their fingers and go "poof you don't exist anymore" because we go "No u" with the Light. so i might have strayed a little from the original point, but i would actually love to see an ascendant realm Xol. Or an Ascendant Nokris. Hive themed raid, in a reality where the portal to Xol's Ascendant realm has swallowed the entirety of the Hellas Basin and Rasputin Mindlab.

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• I would love to kill Xol and Nokris in a raid too. But we didn't, we killed them in two story missions with barely any lead-up. Crota had lead-up, tons of hints to him during that broken ass story of Destiny 1, and finally taking him down in the Dark Below. Was it the best expansion, or lead up? No. But we knew who we were fighting, and we knew how tough it'd be. Oryx was the closest thing to an actual good villain Destiny has ever had, we just killed his son and he's pissed. The whole story was about getting to him, to fight him on our terms. And when we did, he didn't even let us have the satisfaction of killing him until the Raid. Nokris? He's a Hive God, the same as Crota and Oryx... he has no lead-up, no story. Replace his nametag with another generic Hive name.. and its changes NOTHING. We kill him just as soon as we meet him. Bungie needed a hook to get us to buy their shitty expansion, so they abused our love of the lore they didn't even write, by namedropping one of the most mysterious names in Destiny since the Taken King. Xol, holy shit. No only did we kill a Hive God in a story mission, we killed one of the Gods of the Hive Gods. A pantheon above Oryx. In the very NEXT story mission!? Sure Bungie tried to explain this with a small line in an exotic, "Xol, Will of a Thousand, Lesser of his Kin." But, shit minor gods are still GODS. His very presence even sucked the Light right out of us! Yet in the very NEXT mission, we killed him by.. shooting him with bullets.. and throwing a stick at him? Point is, if there ever was a ball... it has been dropped.

Publicando en idioma:

• We're getting another cabal raid...? Please tell me you're lying to me.

Publicando en idioma:

• Nope, just another Leviathan extension.

Publicando en idioma:

No se te permite acceder a este contenido.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon