JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Foros

publicado originalmente en: The cry baby who says "Nerf"
5/1/2015 1:09:42 PM
The only valid complaint is to nerf thorn because it's definitely overpowered According to a YouTuber named Drift0r, the definition of over-powered is a weapon that outclasses other guns in almost every or every situation Thorn [i]does[/i] outclass basically every other weapon It's useful at close range because it's a handcannon; if you get two body shots and a melee or one headshot and a melee, the enemy will die; in a gunfight between the two closer-ranged weapons, thorn will always beat an auto-rifle, therefore outclassing them It's useful at medium ranges because it has very good target acquisition (meaning it's easy to get head shots with) and two headshots will kill; the most used medium ranged rifle is the Red Death, which requires six headshots to kill instead of the 2 from Thorn; furthermore, thorn's DoT almost always counteracts health regen given by a successful Red Death user, blade dancer, etc. It's useful at long ranges because of the insane range it has; there is hardly any drop off for Thorn's range and it continues to have good target acquisition; I mostly use MIDA Multi-tool in Iron Banner currently and on multiple occasions I will be in a 75-100m gunfight with thorn, and thorn will win because it simply has a faster TTK at all ranges Furthermore, thorn has excellent stability and excellent range, both of which contribute to it being OP; even TLW has shit handling which makes it a challenge to get consistent head shots with Lastly, DoT, or damage over time, continues to damage a disengaged enemy, preventing their health regen to kick in, especially when there's enemies all around On a subjective level, Thorn makes your screen green, causes the victim to flinch a [b]lot[/b], and makes an extremely intimidating sound. All of these factors in my opinion make it extremely hard to counter
English

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• Then use red death, TLW, mida. All guns I use to kill someone using thorn. Get better

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• The red death counters the thorn perfectly in my opinion. You state with bias that the thorn takes 2 headshots to kill but the red death takes 6 and whilst this is correct that is only two pulls of the trigger for both weapons, and while the thorn fires faster the red death has the option of high calibre rounds which cause flinch. The last word is also a better weapon at its favoured range of close to mid because even tho they have the same rate of fire the last word should be hip fired, mitigating the time it takes to ads and it kicks less than the thorn. There are other guns that work at different ranges that are legendary that also outdo the thorn but they require a skilled hand or a certain perk set up, eg praedyths timepiece or a full auto coiled hiss, at close to mid, heck I'll even include the evergreen with fitted stock or hand loaded which is a blue. The Thorn should be op but at the same time it should be able to be countered, which it currently can. If they nerf thorn then tlw, red death and vex will dominate more than they are, a better solution would be to introduce a wider variety of weapons at top tier and not have them all be exotic

Publicando en idioma:

• Stopped reading at "according to a youtuber".

Publicando en idioma:

• Continue to read The YouTuber is a boss and not some lonely 50 year old in his moms basement

Publicando en idioma:

• One mans opinion. I don't think being a youtuber or a boss qualifies you to comment on anything but youtube or bossing.

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por Steelixite: 5/1/2015 1:24:25 PM
    I appreciate your opinion and I agree with what you're saying, but the only thing that makes these weapons OP is the fact that there is no competition towards these weapons. Let me ask you, did you see the forums blowing up with the thorn patch until after the AR nerf? I think that this weapon may need a bit of a nerf, but it's definitely not overpowered. The Vex was overpowered. I really think there just needs to be more diversity to weapons and add more choices to use. The game practically makes you use weapons such as TLW, Thorn, and Red Death (primary topic) more than 75 percent of the game is filled with these guns and the reason is because of how useless the AR's have become. Thank you again for your opinion

Publicando en idioma:

• It'll be like bf4 before this game dies...as in every weapon gets nerfed which then makes another weapon op even though it wasn't but because they buffed the other guns it now is so they nerf that one...then another weapon becomes op so we nerf that one...till at the end it takes 3 hrs to kill any one because every gun fires blanks and the melee is more of a gentle slap

Publicando en idioma:

• If they only nerf thorn and no other gun, sure, another gun will be better, but the overall TTK will be slower, meaning that guns won't feel as melty

Publicando en idioma:

• Oh I'm not saying it doesn't need nerfing I'm just saying that always seems to be what they do but usually then another gun becomes op (in some people's opinion) every one uses it and then that gets nerfed personally I think all thorn needs is a much bigger muzzle drift after firing there fore making it a much harder gun (ie more skillful to use) to use

Publicando en idioma:

• I wish they would put Thorn back to how it was. It was this deadly before the buff, now it's just more popular.

Publicando en idioma:

• So then how would that fix anything?

Publicando en idioma:

• The general public believes that the buffs are what made it "usable". Take those buffs away and most will believe it's no longer worth using and will move on to the next big thing. Every YouTube video I saw before the buff called Thorn trash and hardly anyone used it. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Publicando en idioma:

No se te permite acceder a este contenido.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon