JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Foros

3/16/2015 1:50:03 PM
I would love to have an option to opt out of matchmaking. But instead of inviting from your roster or returning to orbit to open matchmaking why not add that option to the roster screen itself?
English

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• You wouldn't be able to change status whilst in the instance as you would have already joined a server, so that option wouldn't work.

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• Editado por Fromage of Havoc: 3/16/2015 10:22:45 PM
    I'm hazy on how it would function myself (as far as having people from your roster readily join you if they want or it operating based on whether you invite people in or not), but he may mean adding an extra option to that drop down that works like what "invite-only" does now, but from the very start. [b]The instance is the same, but if someone disconnects and you quickly set it to "invite only", at least confirmed for the Weekly Heroic, the system fails to match make you with anyone else.[/b] This is not a "what if"; this currently happens with the system that is in place. What if you could have that from the very start, as you queue in? In terms of UX, the option's placement may be awkward and limit the other options on that dropdown (or not?), but technically, it could work. Would it be usable, though? Does that mean one denies themselves the option to set it to "Friends Only" and have any friend join at any point, are there any other side effects? Would it require too much memory recall or cause an inconvenience? I mean, people already forget to set the fireteam to closed as it is, etc. etc. EDIT: correction, he meant an additional button, not the same dropdown[quote]I would add a second "button" near it for "Matchmaking open" and "Matchmaking closed".[/quote]https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/109217392/0/0/1

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por Ne0nK0ala: 3/16/2015 10:09:28 PM
    Yh I don't think a button within the fire team options would work, in terms of use ability or in terms of actually working, it would have to be something you select before launching, maybe like the continue/ restart buttons, but for the large button, so you could basically have two launch buttons instead of one, one to launch with matchmaking and one to launch without, that would be the most useable placement.

Publicando en idioma:

• You could. You may be on a particular server already, but with it being only one person on it, it shouldn't matter. It would be just the same as joining a crucible match in progress. In theory.

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por Ne0nK0ala: 3/16/2015 8:49:14 PM
    Not really, there would have to be two of what programmers call 'instances', one for the no matchmaking and one for the matchmaking, you would have to be within one of those instances to play it the way you want, which means if you change it mid-game it will have to re-join you to your new server. It might work with some clever programming, but I doubt Bungie has time for it.

Publicando en idioma:

• So you're saying that the matchmaking privacy would have to be set up in two "instances"? I doubt that. It would be like saying that the privacy for your fireteam is separated into 4 instances.

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por Ne0nK0ala: 3/16/2015 10:14:33 PM
    No your game session is, that's what happens when you go into a nightfall zone and everyone disappears, you enter an instance where only you and your fire team exists, to restart that instance with different settings, that change the way the game runs (matchmaking is different to inviting your friends) you would likely have to restart the mission, as when you start the mission it has already started your instance, if you get that.

Publicando en idioma:

• I do. But you apparently have never had someone join in one of these zones via matchmaking. Which they do. And makes your point relatively invalid. If you get that. 👍

Publicando en idioma:

• Yes because you are still in matchmaking lol. As I said there's a difference between matchmaking and no matchmaking, it would require two instances not one.

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por Fromage of Havoc: 3/16/2015 1:59:04 PM
    That is a good idea, but for sake of generating complete solutions/ideas, how would you go about adding that option to our current UI? Feel free to share images if that makes it easier to elaborate.

Publicando en idioma:

• If it were me I would add in a "button" like the fireteam status. Where you select fireteam open, friends only, invite, or closed. I would add a second "button" near it for "Matchmaking open" and "Matchmaking closed".

Publicando en idioma:

No se te permite acceder a este contenido.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon