This Week At Bungie – 2/04/2021
This week at Bungie, we revealed Season of the Chosen.
A new Season is upon us. Next week, Season of the Chosen goes live on February 9. Empress Caiatl has arrived to fight against the Hive. She has proposed an alliance, but the cost is too high, and whether he wanted it or not, Zavala is faced with a difficult choice. Check out the trailer to see how that conversation went down.
We have a whole page dedicated to details about the new Season. Give it a visit to learn about the new private staging ground called the H.E.L.M., our new matchmade Battlegrounds activity, and more.
Here is the full Seasonal calendar laying out what you can expect from Season of the Chosen, and what dates to carve out for universe saving.
Spoils of War
Season of the Chosen is delivering some shiny new things for you to collect.
We already spilled the beans that for the first time, some of the favorite weapons from Destiny 1 are showing up in Destiny 2 as rewards for completing Nightfall: The Ordeal. Here is the lineup:
- The Swarm
- Shadow Price
Nightfall: The Ordeal weapons have a chance to drop at the end of the activity depending on your medal (Platinum, Gold, etc.) and difficulty. Master difficulty will give you the highest chance at a drop of the base versions of these weapons.
Adept difficulty weapons have a chance to drop at the end of a Grandmaster Nightfall when they go live later in the Season. Drop chance also dependent on your medal. Slay enough Champions to hit Platinum and you will have a high chance at an Adept weapon.
Similar to Season of the Hunt, we will have a new Pursuit weapon for you to earn from your quest of choice. Choose between strikes, Crucible, or Gambit to earn the new Breech Loaded Grenade Launcher, Salvager’s Salvo.
After you have obtained your new tool of destruction you will be able to earn three different ornaments for it from additional quests picked up from Zavala, Lord Shaxx, and the Drifter.
You may have already seen some teases of the new rewards for the Trials of Osiris coming with Season of the Chosen. We also have three new Trials weapons.
Here is another shot of the new armor you will be able to start earning when Trials goes live on February 12.
Each weapon will also have an Adept version with special mods, you can read more about those here, as well as a special shader that can be applied to any Adept weapon, even the ones from the Grandmaster Nightfall.
For the first week of Trials, armor and adept mods will be in the Flawless Chest. The second week is when you'll have your first chance of the Season to grab an Adept weapon.
Along with these new weapons and armor, Trials has some new cosmetic rewards to show off as well. The Ghost Shell drop chances increases as you win matches and increases when you hit the 3/5/7 win and flawless milestones each week. The ship and Sparrow drop chances increase every time you go flawless. Here is a look at the rewards!
But wait, there’s more. Season of Chosen has several new additions to your arsenal ready for the taking.
Cult of Aeon
The team has some cool plans to shake up the Aeon suite of Exotics. Here it is straight from the Destiny Dev team on what you can expect when you equip these arms.
Destiny Dev Team: In redesigning the Aeon Cult Exotic armor pieces, we wanted to lean hard into the idea that these are the Exotics you and your fireteam wear when you really want to work together as a team. With that in mind, we had three main goals for the revamped mechanics:
- Create role-based mechanics that reward you for doing the things that your role is supposed to be good at.
- Create mechanics that reward other players on your fireteam when you fulfill your role.
- Give your fireteam incentive for each player to take on a different role.Instead of having a single, monolithic Exotic perk to handle this, we opted to take a page out of the Armor 2.0 book and give the Aeon Cult Exotics their own, unique mod socket and mods, which are all unlocked as soon as you acquire the Exotic and each of which is tied to one of the different Aeon Cult roles. These mods are identical across the Exotics for all three classes, so you can choose any role regardless of what class or subclass you are playing.The three Aeon Cult mods, and their associated mechanics, are as follows:
Each of these mods has one perk that focuses on the user, and one perk that grants benefits to their allies. Additionally, the second perk includes an extra benefit for anyone in your fireteam that has not chosen the same role, so for maximum efficiency each member of the 3-player fireteam should choose a different mod to reap the most benefits.
In a previous TWAB discussing the Destiny Content Vault we mentioned that some of the content being vaulted would affect several Exotic weapon catalysts and we would be temporarily removing them while we worked to update their drop and upgrade sources.
Catalysts for the following weapons have had their drop sources and objectives updated to not be associated with Vaulted content:
- Bad Juju
- Izanagi's Burden
- Sleeper Simulant
- The Huckleberry
- Worldline Zero
- Polaris Lance
- Legend of Acrius
- Skyburner's Oath
The catalysts for Whisper of the Worm and Outbreak Perfected are still unobtainable for anyone who hasn’t already earned them and will be added in a future update.
Last week, a new set of rewards were made available through Prime Gaming. Once you sign up here and link your Bungie.net account, you can go and claim your rewards. They will be waiting for you in the safe care of Amanda Holliday in the hangar portion of the Tower.
- Graviton Lance
- Carina Nebula Exotic Weapon Ornament
- Cosmos Shell Exotic Ghost Shell
- Avalon Courser Legendary Sparrow
Check back next month and we will have a new shipment of Prime Gaming rewards for you to pick up from Amanda.
ALL GOOD THINGS…
As the Seasons change our team of experts have the important info you need to know.
This is their report.
SEASONAL TITLES AND BUNGIE REWARDSSeason of the Hunt ends on February 9. View our Update 3.1.0 timeline below for what time it will end, and Season of the Chosen begins.Before the Season ends, player who earned the Flawless and Conqueror titles should claim and equip them to ensure that they don’t get removed.Multiple items from Bungie Rewards should also be earned in-game before February 9, 9 AM PST, and claimed on the Bungie Rewards site by February 12, 9 AM PST:
- Free Stranger Papercraft Figure
- Stasis T-Shirt
- Warden Seal Pin (players should equip the title to ensure that it’s earned)
- Hawkmoon Mini Replica
ITEM AND QUEST REMOVALAs we announced earlier this week, before Season of the Hunt ends on February 9, it’s recommended to turn in the following items and quests or they will be removed from player’s inventories or will no longer be able to be used:
- Weekly Bounties: Strikes, Crucible, Gambit, Gunsmith, Crow
- Crucible Tokens and Crucible Token Gifts
- Memory Fragments for Stasis
- All Crow Bounties
- Planetary materials: Alkane Dust, Phaseglass Needles, Seraphite, Simulation Seeds
- You will be able to turn these into Spider for Glimmer.
SAVE YOUR HALO DATAA few weeks ago, we announced that on February 9, the halo.bungie.net website will be taken offline permanently. As a result of this, personal custom Halo avatars that are currently used on Bungie.net will be removed due to the functionality living on halo.bungie.net. We welcome everyone to go to their Bungie.net profile and save their avatars to their computer as we’re exploring options to possibly allow them to be uploaded to your profile in the future.Additionally, we welcome everyone to save their Halo stats and files on halo.bungie.net however they wish, such as using screenshots, saving the pages to your PC, or using third-party archive sites.
SDR CONSOLE UPDATESteam Datagram Relay is coming to consoles during Season of the Chosen, but we need to do more testing and fixes before it's ready to go live.SDR is used to mitigate against DDOS attacks. You can learn more about it from a previous TWAB.
UPDATE 3.1.0 AND MAINTENANCE TIMELINENext Tuesday, February 9, maintenance for Update 3.1.0 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:
- 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Maintenance begins.
- 8:45 AM PST (1645 UTC): Players are removed from activities. Destiny 2 is brought offline.
- 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Update 3.1.0 will be available across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.
- 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.Below are some issues that will be resolved with Update 3.1.0. A complete list will be shared when the update goes live.
- The Crucible Valor and Gambit Infamy New Light quests can now be completed after resetting ranks.
- Ahamkara Bones will now spawn in the Agonarch Abyss and Cimmerian Garrison Ascendant Challenges.
- Triumphs: Lore of Luna, Wisdom of the Witch, Run the Gauntlet in Cimmerian Garrison.
- The Altar of Sorrows bosses will now rotate each day.
- The Warsat Public Event in the Cosmodrome’s Mothyards will now count toward bounties.
- The lift tube in the Warden of Nothing strike will now open for every player.
- The boss from The Insight Terminus strike will now always teleport away after scanning the Vex terminal.
- Lake of Shadows will no longer become blocked if players bypass trigger volumes.
- Sturm will once again reload any equipped Energy slot weapon on kills.
- Merciless will once again increase its charge rate on non-lethal hits.
- Thunderlord, Reckless Oracle, and other weapons will once again render their scope and/or reticle.
KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- We continue to investigate PC FPS and Stuttering issues.
- The Lightseeker Triumph is not unlocking after players have found all weekly feathers for the "Bird of Prey" quest, and feathers no longer appear after completing the Bird of Prey quest.
- The black Blight Orbs left behind by the High Celebrant won't open portals if shot by Sidearms, and sometimes won’t open when in a fireteam.
- We’re continuing to investigate various error codes, including ARUGULA and PRUNE.For a full list of emergent issues in Destiny 2, players can review our Known Issues article. Players who observe other issues should report them to our #Help forum.
It’s about time we watch some movies, right? Let's get to it, no reason for me to dilly dally on about nothing. Just rambling and taking up time when we could be enjoying popcorn and flashing lights. Speaking of flashing lights, wait... what was I talking about? Oh right, here are the winners.
Movie of the Week: Titans vs Taniks
Movie of the Week: Journey
This week’s winners will be receiving a special MOTW emblem to show off to the world. If you are one of the winners, congratulations! Please make sure you post a link to your Bungie.net profile in the description of the video.
As always, if you'd like to submit your creation to be featured in a future TWAB, make sure to create a post on the Community Creations portal of Bungie.net.
Damn I love me some Destiny art. It’s always a great time scrolling through all of beautiful creations from the sea of talented artists in this community.
Let’s share some love for these artists’ beautiful creations.
Art of the Week: Crow
Art of the Week: Stalk thy prey
If you see your art above, congratulations! Please make sure you reply to your post with a link to you bungie.net account and we will ship your emblem to you.
Here we are, the last TWAB of the Season. It’s always and exciting time when new Destiny content is only a few sleeps away. With new story content, a new strike, two strikes from the DCV, a new matchmade activity, [Redacted] and so much more, this Season is jam-packed. We will see you on the Battlegrounds.
Season of the Chosen, I choo choo choose you.