Destiny Server Maintenance: Preparing for the BetaEarlier today, server maintenance was conducted to prepare Destiny Services for the Destiny 2 Beta. No changes to gameplay were made. If you are experiencing any issues connecting to Destiny 1 since this maintenance was completed, please post a report to the #Help forum listing the error codes you’re receiving when attempting to play.Early Access Participants: Pre-loading the Destiny 2 BetaEarly Access begins early next week for players who have pre-ordered Destiny 2 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. Players are not required to have an active PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Subscription to engage with the Destiny 2 Beta. Starting today, qualifying players may begin pre-loading the Destiny 2 Beta Client onto their consoles. As a reminder, the Destiny 2 Beta will be available on PC in late August.Players who have pre-ordered from a participating retailer will receive a 9-digit Early Access code, which must be redeemed on Bungie.net. If you have pre-ordered from a participating retailer but have not yet received your Early Access code, please contact your retailer for further assistance.To retrieve your Destiny 2 Beta Client Download Code, please follow the steps below:
- Sign-in to Bungie.net - Create or sign into a Bungie.net account using PlayStation 4 or Xbox Live credentials
- Redeem the Early Access Pre-order Code - Enter the Destiny 2 Early Access Beta Code provided by the retailer on Bungie.net/redeem
- Retrieve the Destiny 2 Beta Download Code - visit your redeemed codes page on Bungie.net and select your console of choice
- Redeem the Destiny 2 Beta Client Download Code - Log into a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console to redeem the Destiny 2 Beta Client codePlayers who have pre-ordered digitally will be granted access to the Destiny 2 Beta without needing to redeem codes of any form. The Destiny 2 Beta Client will become available on the PlayStation Store or Xbox Live Marketplace automatically. If players attempt to access the Destiny 2 Beta prior to availability, they will be met with “Destiny Servers Unavailable” error messaging.Please note: Players must be signed in to the account in which they’ve digitally pre-ordered Destiny 2 to download the Destiny 2 Beta Client.Storage Requirements and Installation GuidePrior to downloading the Destiny 2 Beta Client, please ensure the proper amount of space is available on the console’s hard drive. For a step by step installation guide for the Destiny 2 Beta Client, please follow these links:If the required amount of space is not available, issues may arise when attempting to access the Beta.Known Issues Preview
If you encounter alternate issues not listed above, please post a report to the #Help forum. For all other information, please see the Destiny 2 Beta Guide.
- As this is a Beta build, some issues will be present and may impact gameplay. Please note the following:
- Players may experience a variety of networking error codes when attempting to play the Beta
- Bungie will be testing server stability throughout the Beta, which may cause error codes to appear periodically
- Location names sometimes do not appear during Crucible gameplay
- Players sometimes are Kicked to Orbit after witnessing a black screen when entering a Countdown match
- Players may sometimes be placed at the beginning of the Inverted Spire Strike Activity when joining in progress
- Sandbox balancing is still taking place: Some weapons or abilities may have higher or lower damage than intended
- Not all content has been localized in all languages
- If you encounter any network related issues during the Destiny 2 Beta, please follow our Network Troubleshooting Guide to ensure proper network settings for Destiny gameplay.
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.