This week at Bungie we beat the machine.
Or, rather, you did. Wrath of the Machine, the new Raid in Destiny: Rise of Iron, is now in the hands of the Guardians. Just yesterday, we celebrated the World First Fireteam to redeem themselves by crossing the Day One finish line. If you’ve been wondering, here’s a list of other notable speed riddlers.
TOP FIVE FIRETEAMS TO COMPLETE WRATH OF THE MACHINE:
Are eye oh Tea
level 8 pidgey
I Only Body
If you have yet to brave the Siege Engine (lovingly rebranded as “The Death Zamboni” in a delicious off-message moment), there are now many Sherpas in the community who know the path to glory. Many Guardians have defeated Aksis. Raise your hand and request a guide.
If you’re one of the Guardians with some new Raid gear in your inventory, there is more Raiding to do. Some of you have solved a hidden puzzle that leads to an Exotic Pulse Rifle that is sure to be a popular item in the sandbox. We saw massive cooperation in our community – from Bungie.net to Reddit, to chatrooms, to streamers, and beyond. Your capacity to work together and solve problems inspires us every day.
In the weeks to come, we’ll let you know when you can start the race to complete the Heroic mode. Beyond that test of skill and execution, the Bosses will have some challenges up their sleeve.
More on all of that later.
Prepare For Battle!
The mountaintop has been reached. The Iron Tomb has been sealed. Aksis is dead. Now, it’s time to face off against the most dreaded opponent in the world of Destiny. A battle between Guardians of the Endgame is about to begin.
Trials of Osiris returns tomorrow, on Friday, September 30th, at 10AM.
The map will be [CLASSIFIED].
The weekly competitive ritual is as you remember it. Brother Vance has missed you while he sat out the launch. Report to the Reef and deal yourself back in. He has new gear you can use to distinguish yourself as a champion.
Iron Banner returns next week, on Tuesday, October 4th, at 10AM.
The game will be Supremacy.
You had to know that Iron Banner would reawaken in Rise of Iron. We have some different ideas for how this contest can reward the Guardians who submit themselves to it. You’ll find more paths to rewards and customization:
- The Tempered mechanic is gone – play when you want
- There are now 4 Weekly Bounties
- Bounty rewards include:
- An Iron Banner item not featured on the Vendor
- A chance at an Iron Banner Artifact or Vanity Item
- 25 Legendary Marks
- 750 Iron Banner Reputation
- Victory in a match grants 250 Reputation
- Iron Medallions grant 150 Reputation each, upon Victor
On this occasion, this is what you’re fighting for, in addition to the other random items that can be earned by completing Bounties.
This new experience begins when you report to Lord Saladin. You’ll find him where he truly belongs, as the king of the mountain.
Strike at the Heart
Earlier today, we deployed 188.8.131.52. If you read the Patch Notes, you’ll learn about some of the things we’re doing to address rewards in Destiny: Rise of Iron after the first full week of gameplay.
According to Senior Designer Victoria Dollbaum, this is the first step in a post-launch iterative process.
Victoria: We’re looking into the way Destiny: Rise of Iron rewards the completion of activities with items that will increase your Light. Currently, our opinion is that Ghosts and Artifacts are dropping less frequently than intended, making it difficult for players to reach higher Light after 365. In the weeks to come, we’ll be investigating a solution that provides alternate max Light sources for these two slots. Additionally, when the Heroic Raid is released, many Activities and all Engrams will increase their maximum Light, making it easier overall to progress.
There is more to come on this front. Stay tuned for more details, announced alongside the activities that are yet to appear in your Director. Keep that feedback loop rolling.
Destiny Player Support is your link to the development team. They know the status of the network. They listen to player reports on our #Help forum. They sound the all-clear when we conclude maintenance.
Destiny: Rise of Iron Known IssuesSince the release of Destiny: Rise of Iron, a full list of Known Issues has been hosted in the form of a pinned thread. The following issues have been found and confirmed over the past week. We are actively investigating these issues with internal teams, and will provide updates when they are available.Items
- Destiny: Rise of Iron Legendary Faction Class Items are not contributing to Faction specific quests. NOTE: Spektar Faction Class Items from Chroma Faction Packages may contribute to these Quests.
- There is an issue where the Fr0St-EE5 Hunter Exotic Boots negatively impact Grenade regeneration stats from Character Discipline totals.Activities
- The “Winter’s Run” Strike has an issue that impacts the chances of players receiving Skeleton Key rewards. To address this issue, we have changed this week’s Nightfall Strike to “S.A.B.E.R.”
- SIVA Heroic Strikes do not currently contribute to the Rise of Iron Record Book node “Take a Strike.”
- Players are currently unable to complete Crucible Bounties related to player scores in Supremacy gametypes.
- Frame Rate issues have been identified in the Wrath of the Machine Raid, and the King of the Mountain story mission.Grimoire
- The Grimoire for Khvostov Field Manual, Pg. 90 is currently unavailable.
- Some Grimoire is currently Character based. Grimoire totals may change in-game depending on which Character has found specific Grimoire collectables.
- Due to Grimoire being Character based, players may lose some Grimoire if they delete a Character.Reporting an IssueIf you believe you have encountered an issue when playing Destiny, providing the following information within a #help forum report is greatly beneficial to initial investigations:
- On which console was this issue experienced?
- Which activity, item, or feature was impacted by this issue?
- Which character was this issue experienced on?
- A link to your Post Game Carnage Report, which may be found on Bungie.net under the Character on which the issue was experienced.
- If possible, a Screenshot or Video clearly depicting the issue that impacted your Destiny gameplay.
To become legend, one must have an audience. Here’s the guy that tears those tickets.
Cozmo: How is everyone doing? Ok, enough with the pleasantries. You came here for movies. Let’s get to it.
What do the winners win? I am glad you asked. Everyone who has a movie shown here will be taking home a good looking Emblem that was baked fresh this morning. A lot of people are asking me, “Cozmo, how do I win one of these Emblems?” The answer is the Creations page. That is the place where we find most of these movies.
Here are this week’s winners.
Movie of the Week: Gonna Fly Now
Honorable Mention: We Will Rise
Honorable Mention: Wolf Pack Rescue
This weekend, a small delegation from Bungie will be a TwitchCon. I’ll be traveling with Cozmo, my partner in crime, as well as TwitchMaster Scott and MC Pate. We’re partnered streamers too, you know!
Throughout our service of the Guardians, it’s been our pleasure to participate in a real time conversation with the people who play Destiny. It will be my pleasure to represent the team that makes that happen on a panel discussion. If you’ll be in San Diego this weekend, please stop by. It starts on Saturday Morning at 10:30 AM. Our portion of the conversation will be about you as much as us.
On the other side of that mission, there is more to communicate to you about Rise of Iron. There is more to play, more to earn, and some more changes up our sleeves.
If I don’t meet you this weekend, we’ll talk to you again soon.