Bungie Weekly Update – 09/10/2015
One year ago today, we launched Destiny. Thank you for being the Guardians of our brave new world since then. On to Year Two.— Bungie (@Bungie) September 9, 2015
“As the World of Destiny continues to evolve, so must the music that brings it to life. The heroic moment when you first grabbed Crota’s sword. The legendary fanfare that heralded the capture of Skolas for the Queen. The dark, regal overtones as Oryx enters our Solar System on a path to revenge. It has been our honor to score your new adventures. We hope you enjoy listening to the Taken King Soundtrack as much as we have enjoyed creating it. May it remind you of your bravest moments in a world imagined for heroes.”
DPS: The Destiny 2.0 update is now live. Reminder: this update is required for all current players. If you have not launched Destiny since September 8th or have not enabled any automatic download features on your console, be sure to check out our Hard Drive requirements article to ensure you’re best prepared to download and install Destiny update 2.0.There are a limited number of Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners who have not upgraded their console’s hard drive beyond 20GB and may qualify for a free storage upgrade. Please reference the provided links for eligibility before purchasing additional storage or hardware for playing Destiny.The Destiny 2.0 update is a big one, and changes the way you previously interacted with the majority of Destiny’s living social world. With that, Destiny Player Support is tracking a few known issues that players may be experiencing since the update went live. We’ve listed a select few below, so somebody wake up Hicks.
- Some players are able to access Emblems & Shaders from the SUROS Arsenal Pack, the Weapons Pack, and the Collector’s Edition Exotic Guardian Class Items before September 15, 2015. All items will be made available to eligible players when Destiny: The Taken King launches on September 15, 2015.
- The Exotic Guardian Class Items, which are included in Destiny: The Taken King Collector’s Edition, will be available to all eligible players when Destiny: The Taken King launches. Any missing Exotic Class Items will be re-issued appropriately.
- We’re aware of an issue where Patrols and Vanguard Legacy Strike Playlist activities are not granting Faction Reputation and expected rewards upon completion. This issue will be resolved when the Destiny: The Taken King is released on September 15, 2015.
- Please note: Reputation and rewards for affected Patrol and Strike playlist activities completed before September 15 will not be retroactively granted.
- Players who have pledged their time and energy to attain level 25 or higher on a Faction will get access to a Faction Quest. Unfortunately, upon completion, this Quest cannot yet be turned into the issuing Faction. When Destiny: The Taken King is released, players who have completed this Quest will be able to successfully turn it in.
- There appears to be some confusion surrounding the new sub-class emblems that can be found in the Emblem Collection. The new emblems, which can be found under The Taken King sub-heading, are new emblems that require the completion of certain content and/or Bounties that will be released when Destiny: The Taken King launches. Players who complete their new sub-class Quests do not qualify for these emblems yet. There will more steps to complete, starting on September 15.
With Destiny: The Taken King getting closer and closer to launch, Destiny Player Support will continue to monitor and communicate any updates or further issues that may arise with Destiny 2.0 update. You can stay in the know with our 2.0 Update Known Issues thread on the #Help Forum.
Cozmo: This is the last Movie of the Week section for Year One. Don’t worry though - MOTW will continue on in Year Two and you will continue to have a shot every week to see your creation featured here on the BWU. If you do see your video here, you can expect to receive a cool Emblem to commemorate your accomplishment. To enter, submit your video to the Community Creations page and we will give it a look. Now roll that beautiful Destiny footage.