Luke: Hey everyone,In the coming weeks and months, we're going to be using this space to look at some of the big changes coming in Destiny: The Taken King this Fall.The first of these global changes we're going to talk about is how we're approaching Quests in Year Two.In Year One, Exotic Bounty Chains (like Thorn and Bad Juju) ended up being something players really enjoyed (although the struggle to get Void Kills in Crucible was real). These Bounties took you on a journey through multiple activities -- which in the best cases had flashes of unique moments -- and ended with rewards players cared about. In many ways, these were the earliest tendrils of how we'd come to think about Quests in Destiny. Quests are an arrangement of activities and challenges that tell a story and represent a journey for the player.We want Destiny to provide more experiences like that.
- Like the quest in The Taken King that has you construct your [REDACTED] or when you’ve found [REDACTED REDACTED] and can finish [REDACTED].The implementation of Quests and Bounties in Year One was a foundation, but it was clear to us and the community that it was an area for improvement, especially if we wanted to rely on questing even more in Year Two.The Taken King was built with Quests in mind, but we didn't want to ignore the Year One content in this global change. So as a part of this update, we've taken all Destiny content and - for lack of a better term - "questified" it.Quests Page Highlights:
- We're increasing the number of Bounties players can carry
- Both Quests and Bounty slots will be tracked in the HUD
- Completed Bounties will be turned in from the Quests screen
- Reputations will be moved from Inventory to the Quests pageThe 2.0 update includes a number of improvements for all Destiny players and in the coming weeks DeeJ and members of the Bungie team will continue to share them with you.
DPS: Occasionally, we see reports on the Bungie.net #HELP forum of players losing their characters. We recognize how upsetting it is to potentially lose the character and gear you’ve put time into so we take these reports very seriously. It is our policy to investigate these cases to make sure characters aren’t lost due to a bug or networking issue. In our investigations to this point, we have found that missing characters have been the result of manual character deletion. If your character is missing and you did not personally delete the character, please visit our Account Security Guide to help protect against unauthorized access. We will continue to investigate reports of missing characters, but unfortunately the result of the investigation may be that somebody with access to your account deleted your characters. More info on our character deletion policy here.If you were one of the thousands of Bungie community members that helped show support for Nepal, your T-Shirts have been in the shipping process since late June. Due to the high volume of orders, it is taking longer than expected to fulfill. We have updated our Nepal Aid T-Shirt FAQ article with the most recent update.Lastly, the Help forum is populated with an amazing crew of volunteer Mentors, Ninjas and helpful community members. We’d like to take this opportunity to thank them for their continued efforts. Be on the lookout for the recent addition of members sporting the Bungie.net Mentor tag. Witness them on the previously linked Help forum!FraserBawsSeraphim CryptoTravisSch
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.