The following guide will ensure that players are prepared to play Destiny 2 on PC. Players who are new to Destiny 2 should also visit our Destiny 2 Guided Support
Listed below are the system requirements for Destiny 2 on PC.
| CPU: Intel||Intel Core i3-3250 3.5 GHz or |
Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz
|Intel Core i5-2400 3.4 GHz or |
i5 7400 3.5 GHz
|CPU: AMD||AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz||AMD Ryzen R5 1600X 3.6 GHz|
|GPU: NVidia||Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB or |
GTX 1050 2GB
|Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB or |
GTX 1060 6GB
|GPU: AMD||AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB||AMD R9 390 8GB|
|Operating System:||Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit (Recommended)|
|Hard Drive Space:||68GB available hard drive space|
Back to Top
In order to play Destiny 2 on PC, players must start by creating their Battle.net
account. Once a Battle.net account has been created, players may link it to their Bungie.net profile to gain access to the Bungie.net forums, special offers, and Destiny Companion
- New Players: Players new to Battle.net may create an account by visiting the following page: Battle.net Account Creation
- Returning Players: Returning players should log in to their existing Battle.net account by visiting the following page: Battle.net Account Login
- Battle.net Account Issues: Players who encounter issues with their Battle.net account should contact Blizzard Support by visiting the following page: Battle.net Account Support
- Linking to Bungie.net: Once players have created their Battle.net account, they should link it to an existing Bungie.net profile or create a new one
- Account Security: After players have created their Battle.net account and linked it to their Bungie.net profile, they should visit our Account Security Guide for best practices in safeguarding their Destiny account
Back to Top
Install Blizzard's Battle.net App and Destiny 2
Players should follow the instructions below to install Blizzard's Battle.net app and Destiny 2.
Installing Blizzard's Battle.net App
Once players have created their Battle.net account and logged in, they must next download and install Blizzard's Battle.net app
. Blizzard's Battle.net app is required to play Destiny 2 on PC.
- Players can download Blizzard's Battle.net app by visiting the following page: Download Clients
- Scroll down to Blizzard's Battle.net app client download
- Verify that region is correct
- Click the Windows icon on the right side of the page
- Locate and run the downloaded executable file
- Follow on-screen prompts to finish installation
- Launch and log in to Blizzard's Battle.net app
Installing Destiny 2
Once Blizzard's Battle.net app has been downloaded and installed, players may then download their purchased copy of Destiny 2. Players who have yet to purchase Destiny 2 should visit the Destiny 2 product page
in the Blizzard Shop to make their purchase. Players who have a code for Destiny 2 on PC must redeem it on their Battle.net account. For general information on code redemption, players should see our Code Redemption Guide
- On the left-side pane of Blizzard's Battle.net app, select Destiny 2
- Confirm the currently selected Blizzard Region, above "Install"
- Once Blizzard Region has been confirmed, click "Install"
- In the following pop-up dialogue, players may opt in to automatic updates, customize their update settings, and change the install location of Destiny 2
- Once installation settings have been confirmed, click "Start Install"
- Once Destiny 2 has been downloaded and installed, click "Play" to launch
- For instructions on uninstalling and updating Destiny 2 on PC, please see: Installing Destiny 2 on PC
Back to Top
Listed below is vital information that players should know when playing Destiny 2 on PC.
- Third-Party Applications: Some features of third-party applications may not be compatible with Destiny 2 on PC. For more information, players should see: Destiny 2 PC and Third-Party Application Feature Compatibility
- Blizzard Regions: Players may only play with other players who have selected the same Blizzard region, and cannot join the games or activities of players in other regions. For more information, players should see: Blizzard Regions in Destiny 2
- OS and Driver Updates: For the best experience, we recommend that players ensure that they have accepted all updates to their OS and drivers. If players believe they are encountering issues with Destiny 2 on PC, they should ensure that their PC software is up to date.
- Scan and Repair: In Destiny 2 on PC, players who encounter issues with installed game files should try running the Scan and Repair tool in the Battle.net app. In some cases, players may repeatedly receive an error directing them to use the Scan and Repair tool, but the tool reports “no problems found.” For more information, players should see: Scan and Repair in the Battle.net App
- CVARS Troubleshooting: As an initial troubleshooting step when encountering issues in Destiny 2, it is recommended that players delete their existing CVARS.xml file.
- This file can be found in: \Users\USER_NAME\Appdata\Roaming\Bungie\DestinyPC\prefs\
- PLEASE NOTE: When relaunched, Destiny 2 will generate a fresh CVARS.xml file. This will revert all custom player settings in Destiny 2 to their defaults. For more information, please see our CVARS knowledge base article.
- Destiny 2 PC Support Forums: Players who encounter issues while playing Destiny 2 on PC should report them to the PC Support forums
- Battle.net Support: Players who encounter an issue with their Battle.net account or Blizzard's Battle.net app should visit Blizzard Support
- BungieHelp: For the latest information on known issues our outages as they occur, players should follow @BungieHelp on Twitter, or monitor our support feed on help.bungie.net
Back to Top