Legacy Console Guided Support
Beginning on August 16th, 2016, future Destiny game updates and content releases will only be available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles will be considered LEGACY CONSOLES and will no longer receive major updates and content releases. The newly announced Destiny: Rise of Iron, which will be released in September 2016, will only be available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles.
Destiny: The Taken King and Legacy Consoles
Destiny: The Taken King will continue to be available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Legacy Consoles. However, players on these Legacy Consoles will have limited access to the following content:
- Future Game Updates and Content Releases
- Some Destiny Events and Content
- Purchasing Silver
- Accessing new Eververse Item purchases across console generations
- Some Destiny Companion features on the Mobile App and Bungie.net
Upgrading from a Legacy Console
Players wishing to upgrade from a Legacy Console to PlayStation 4 or Xbox One will need to meet the following requirements to maintain access to their Destiny content, characters, and progress:
- Must upgrade within the same console family
- Must login to Destiny using the same PSN ID or Xbox Gamertag
- Must perform an Account Import beginning on August 16th, 2016
- May need to re-purchase some Destiny content for the new console
For more information on these topics, please click the appropriate button below.