Pardon our dust! We are pushing a patch live today. Players will be returned to the title screen from their activities and then be required to log in to Destiny again after installing the patch.
Legacy Console Guided Support
Beginning on August 16th, 2016, future Destiny game updates and content releases will only be available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles will be considered LEGACY CONSOLES and will no longer receive major updates and content releases. The newly announced Destiny: Rise of Iron, which will be released in September 2016, will only be available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles.
Destiny: The Taken King and Legacy Consoles
Destiny: The Taken King will continue to be available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Legacy Consoles. However, players on these Legacy Consoles will have limited access to the following content:
- Future Game Updates and Content Releases
- Some Destiny Events and Content
- Purchasing Silver
- Accessing new Eververse Item purchases across console generations
- Some Destiny Companion features on the Mobile App and Bungie.net
Upgrading from a Legacy Console
Players wishing to upgrade from a Legacy Console to PlayStation 4 or Xbox One will need to meet the following requirements to maintain access to their Destiny content, characters, and progress:
- Must upgrade within the same console family
- Must login to Destiny using the same PSN ID or Xbox Gamertag
- Must perform an Account Import beginning on August 16th, 2016
- May need to re-purchase some Destiny content for the new console
For more information on these topics, please click the appropriate button below.