Destiny 2 Eververse Items Guide
Destiny 2 Eververse Items Guide
Table of Contents
- Opening Bright Engrams: Bright Engrams are placed in the Character's Engram Inventory and can be opened by visiting an Eververse Trading Co. storefront.
- Seasonal Offerings: Eververse Trading Co. will offer new Bright Engrams with each new Season in Destiny 2. Each Seasonal Bright Engram will have a new name, such as the Season 2 Illuminated Engram. Each Seasonal Eververse Engram will contain new and exclusive items, along with a handful of returning items from previous Seasonal Eververse Engrams.
- Overflow Item Loss: Occasionally, overflow items may still be sent to the Postmaster if the Character Inventory is full when opening Bright Engrams or receiving Bright Engrams through gameplay. The Postmaster can only hold a limited number of items and items may be cycled out of the Postmaster Inventory if that limit is reached. It is highly recommended to always retrieve items from the Postmaster as soon as possible to avoid losing items. As part of the Deleted Character and Item Policy, Bungie does not replace or recover items lost from the Postmaster.
- Duplicate Items: Some items from Bright Engrams can be acquired multiple times. Duplicates can be dismantled to provide the player with Glimmer and / or Legendary Shards. Other items, such as Emotes and Finishers, can only be acquired once because they unlock the access rights for the item on the player's account and can then be retrieved from the associated Collection.
- Bright Dust Cannot Be Purchased: Bright Dust cannot be purchased directly from Eververse Trading Co. and cannot be traded in for Silver or for other in-game currencies.
- Account Bound: Bright Dust is bound to the account that acquired the Bright Dust and cannot be transferred or gifted. Bright Dust and items purchased with Bright Dust cannot be shared between accounts by platform license sharing features.
- Balance Shared Between Characters: The Bright Dust currency is automatically shared between Characters on a Destiny 2 account.
- Purchasing Bright Dust Items: Players can use Bright Dust to purchase a wide variety of items from Eververse Trading Co., including items normally only available from Bright Engrams. The Eververse Items available to purchase with Bright Dust will change with the Weekly and Seasonal Resets.
- Weekly Bounties: Players can now obtain Bright Dust through weekly bounties offered by Lord Shaxx, Zavala, and the Drifter.
- Item Eligibility: Items that provide random rewards upon purchase or opening are not eligible for Item Returns. Items purchased with Bright Dust are not eligible for Item Returns.
- Return Period: Items eligible for an Item Return have a 7 day return period with a countdown timer displayed in-game. If players do not return the item before the return period expires, the item will become ineligible for an item return.
- Item Drop Chances: Players can view documentation on the drop chances for various Eververse Items from random chance loot boxes by following this link.
- Eververse Purchase History: Players can check their Destiny 2 Eververse Purchase History from their profile in the Destiny Companion on Bungie.net or the Mobile App. Please note: some transactions may take a few minutes to show up and that Silver add-on purchases made outside of the game may not show up until the player logs back into Destiny 2.
- Korean Region and IGRs: Players in the Korean Region or that are playing from a Korean IGR will have some minor differences in the purchase flow, inventory and availability of some Eververse Items.
- Previewing Contents: Players can use the Preview Item option in Bright Engrams and other Eververse Items to preview the guaranteed and possible reward columns, the rewards contained in an item category, and the appearances, effects, or sounds of an individual item.
- Item Recovery: Some items, such as Emotes, can only be acquired once because they unlock the access rights for the item on the player's account and can then be re-acquired or equipped from their associated Collection.
- Seasonal Eververse Changes: Each new Season in Destiny 2 will feature a new Seasonal Bright Engram. Many items from a previous Seasonal Bright Engram will NOT be carried forward into the new Season’s Eververse offerings and may not be available again.
- Gleaming Boon Consumables: The Gleaming Boon of the Vanguard and the Gleaming Boon of the Crucible consumables are locked to the Strike or Crucible match in which they were activated. Players that leave or are disconnected from the activity in which the consumable was used will not be eligible to receive any items from the Boon Consumable. Players that remain in the Strike or Crucible match will still be eligible to receive items from the Boon Consumable.
- Eververse Emote Gift Known Issue: Some players are reporting that they are unable to receive the Emote Gift from Eververse Trading Co. on their alternate Characters. Players encountering this issue should equip the default "Point" Emote and ensure they have room in their Emote Inventory to receive the new item.
- Exotic Weapon and Armor Ornaments: Players may receive Exotic Weapon Ornaments or Exotic Armor Ornaments when opening a Bright Engram. When received, these items will be placed in the Modifications sub-menu of their Character Inventory. Please note: Bright Engrams cannot grant players actual Exotic Weapons or Exotic Armor pieces.
- Exotic Ornament Recovery: Exotic Ornaments can only be acquired once because they unlock the Ornament slot on all instances of the associated Exotic gear. If a player uses the "Unlock" action on the Exotic Ornament in their Modifications sub-menu, the Exotic Ornament will be removed from their Inventory, but will be unlocked on the associated Exotic gear.
- Decrypting Bright Engrams: Even though they may appear in the Vendor screen, the Cryptarch cannot decrypt Bright Engrams earned through gameplay. Players will need to visit an Eververse Trading Co. storefront to open their Bright Engrams.
If none of these steps solved your problem, you may return to the help page to seek other answers.
You're Not Logged In
If you have an existing Bungie.net account, logging in enables us to find your account and process your request more easily. Would you like to log in before continuing?