Destiny 2 Eververse Items Guide
This is a sub-page in our Silver and Eververse Guide. To return to the start of the guide, please click the above banner or click here.
Destiny 2 Eververse Items Guide
Eververse Items are available for purchase using Silver from an Eververse Trading Co. storefront. Additionally, some Eververse Items are available to be earned through gameplay. Most Eververse Items are cosmetic and none are required to access any part of Destiny 2. Please see below for details on the items available for purchase from Eververse Trading Co., as well as a list of vital information players may need to know about Eververse Items.
Table of Contents
Bright Engrams can be purchased from Eververse Trading Co. using Silver or can be earned through gameplay. Upon opening a Bright Engram, players will acquire a randomized assortment of customization items.
- Opening Bright Engrams: If purchased from Eververse Trading Co., Bright Engrams will immediately be decrypted after purchase and the items will be placed in appropriate slots in the Character's Inventory. If earned through gameplay, Bright Engrams are placed in the Character's Engram Inventory and can be opened by visiting an Eververse Trading Co. storefront.
- Seasonal Offerings: Eververse Trading Co. will offer new Bright Engrams with each new Season in Destiny 2. Each Seasonal Bright Engram will have a new name, such as the Season 2 Illuminated Engram. Each Seasonal Eververse Engram will contain new and exclusive items, along with a handful of returning items from previous Seasonal Eververse Engrams.
- Postmaster Overflow: If the Character Inventory is full when opening a Bright Engram or when receiving a Bright Engram through gameplay, overflow items will be sent to the Postmaster. The Postmaster can only hold a limited number of items and items may be cycled out of the Postmaster Inventory if that limit is reached. It is highly recommended to always retrieve items from the Postmaster as soon as possible to avoid losing items. As part of the Deleted Character and Item Policy, Bungie does not replace or recover items lost from the Postmaster.
- Duplicate Items: Some items from Bright Engrams can be acquired multiple times. Duplicates can be dismantled to provide the player with Bright Dust. Other items, such as Emotes, can only be acquired once because they unlock the Eververse License for the item on the player's account and can then be retrieved from the Item Collections located in the Vault screen.
- Infusible Gear: Bright Engrams can grant players Armor or other infusible gear. All infusible gear gained from a Bright Engram will be acquired at Power Level 3, but may be infused up to the maximum Power Level. Armor from Bright Engrams will match the Class of the Character that opened the Bright Engram.
Back to Top
Bright Dust is an in-game currency that is generally acquired by opening or dismantling Eververse Items. Bright Dust can be used at Eververse Trading Co. to directly purchase a selection of Eververse Items.
- Bright Dust Cannot Be Purchased: Bright Dust cannot be purchased directly from Eververse Trading Co. and cannot be traded in for Silver or for other in-game currencies.
- Account Bound: Bright Dust is bound to the account that acquired the Bright Dust and cannot be transferred or gifted. Bright Dust and items purchased with Bright Dust cannot be shared between accounts by platform license sharing features.
- Balance Shared Between Characters: The Bright Dust currency is automatically shared between Characters on a Destiny 2 account.
- Purchasing Bright Dust Items: Players can use Bright Dust to purchase a wide variety of items from Eververse Trading Co., including items normally only available from Bright Engrams. The Eververse Items available to purchase with Bright Dust will change with the Weekly and Seasonal Resets.
- Bright Dust from Dismantling: Most items received from a Bright Engram can be dismantled to receive Bright Dust with the exception of the Weapon Mods, Armor Mods, Exotic Ornaments, or Emotes.
Back to Top
Special Offers, Promotions, and Event-Themed Bright Engrams
Eververse Trading Co. will occasionally include special offers, promotions, and event-themed Bright Engrams for players to purchase using Sliver or Bright Dust.
- Some special offers or promotions have Character, account, or transaction requirements which will be explained in the tooltip of the item
- Special offers, promotions, and event-themed Bright Engrams may only be available for a limited time and may not be available again after the offer, promotion, or event ends
Back to Top
Below is some additional information players may need to know about Eververse Items.
- Previewing Contents: Players can use the Preview Item option in Bright Engrams and other Eververse Items to preview the guaranteed and possible reward columns, the rewards contained in an item category, and the appearances, effects, or sounds of an individual item.
- Emote Recovery: Emotes can only be acquired once because they unlock the Eververse License for the item on the player's account and can then be retrieved from the Item Collections located in the Vault screen.
- Seasonal Eververse Changes: Each new Season in Destiny 2 will feature a new Seasonal Bright Engram. Many items from a previous Seasonal Bright Engram will NOT be carried forward into the new Season’s Eververse offerings and may not be available again.
- Gleaming Boon Consumables: The Gleaming Boon of the Vanguard and the Gleaming Boon of the Crucible consumables are locked to the Strike or Crucible match in which they were activated. Players that leave or are disconnected from the activity in which the consumable was used will not be eligible to receive any items from the Boon Consumable. Players that remain in the Strike or Crucible match will still be eligible to receive items from the Boon Consumable.
- Eververse Emote Gift Known Issue: Some players are reporting that they are unable to receive the Emote Gift from Eververse Trading Co. on their alternate Characters. Players encountering this issue should equip the default "Point" Emote and ensure they have room in their Emote Inventory to receive the new item.
- Exotic Weapon and Armor Ornaments: Players may receive Exotic Weapon Ornaments or Exotic Armor Ornaments when opening a Bright Engram. When received, these items will be placed in the Modifications sub-menu of their Character Inventory. Please note: Bright Engrams cannot grant players actual Exotic Weapons or Exotic Armor pieces.
- Exotic Ornament Recovery: Exotic Ornaments can only be acquired once because they unlock the Ornament slot on all instances of the associated Exotic gear. If a player uses the "Unlock" action on the Exotic Ornament in their Modifications sub-menu, the Exotic Ornament will be removed from their Inventory, but will be unlocked on the associated Exotic gear.
- Decrypting Bright Engrams: Even though they may appear in the Vendor screen, the Cryptarch cannot decrypt Bright Engrams earned through gameplay. Players will need to visit an Eververse Trading Co. storefront to open their Bright Engrams.
Back to Top
If none of these steps solved your problem, you may return to the help page to seek other answers.