Destiny Silver Purchases Guide
This is a sub-page in our Silver and Eververse Guide. To return to the start of the guide, please click the above banner or click here.
Destiny Silver Purchases Guide
Silver is the in-game currency that is acquired with real-world money and can be exchanged for items at an Eververse Trading Co. storefront. Silver is available for purchase in both Destiny 2 and Destiny 1, however Destiny accounts do not share a Silver balance across Destiny releases. Please see below for more information on purchasing Silver, troubleshooting issues with Silver, and a list of vital information.
Table of Contents
|Adding Silver to an Account||Silver Cannot be Refunded|
|Checking Silver Balance||Troubleshooting Issues|
Adding Silver to an Account
Silver is available for purchase in both Destiny 2 and Destiny 1 as a direct purchase from platform marketplaces or through the Eververse Trading Co. storefront, however Destiny accounts do not share a Silver balance across Destiny releases. Additionally, some third-party retailers may sell game cards or codes that can be redeemed in a platform marketplace for Silver.
Purchasing through Eververse Trading Co.Players can purchase Silver through the Eververse Trading Co. storefront UI using the "Buy Silver" button.
- Destiny 2 Character Requirements: Players cannot purchase Eververse Items or use the "Buy Silver" button until at least one Character on their account has completed the Campaign and reached Level 20. Players can purchase Silver directly from the platform marketplaces before meeting the Character requirements, however they will not be able to spend the Silver in Eververse Trading Co. until the requirements have been met.
Available Platforms MarketplacesWhen purchasing Silver through a platform marketplace, players should ensure that they are purchasing Silver for the intended Destiny release and Destiny account. Silver is available for purchase on the below platforms marketplaces.
- Destiny 2: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC can purchase "Destiny 2 Silver" Bundles
- Destiny 1: PlayStation 4 and Xbox One can purchase "Destiny Silver" Bundles
Redeeming Third-Party Silver CardsSome third-party retailers offer Silver via game cards or game codes.
- When redeeming Silver from a game card or game code, please follow all provided instructions. Players may also want to read through the Code Redemption Guide for the recommended steps on redeeming codes in Destiny.
- Players should ensure that they are purchasing Silver for the intended Destiny release and Destiny account.
- Players should contact their retailer for assistance if they encounter issues when redeeming their Silver cards or game codes purchased through third party retailers.
Please Note: It may take up to 30 seconds for a successful purchase to reflect on the account's in-game Silver balance. If a successful Silver purchase is not reflected on the in-game Silver balance after this time period, please see the suggested troubleshooting steps listed below.
Back to Top
Silver Cannot be Refunded or Transferred
Silver cannot be refunded or transferred in any Destiny release.
- All Silver purchases are final and cannot be refunded by Bungie or the platform marketplace.
- Silver is bound to the Destiny account and Destiny release that purchased the Silver and cannot be transferred or gifted to another Destiny account or Destiny release.
- Silver and items purchased with Silver cannot be shared between accounts by platform license sharing features.
- When purchasing Silver through a platform marketplace, players should ensure that they are purchasing Silver for the intended Destiny release and Destiny account.
- If a Silver purchase is not being accurately reflected on the in-game Silver balance, please see the suggested troubleshooting steps listed below.
Back to Top
Checking the Silver Balance on an Account
All Characters on an account that has purchased Silver will have access to the account's Silver balance. When new Silver is purchased for the account, or when an Eververse Item is bought using Silver, the Silver balance on the account will be updated to reflect the new Silver balance.
- No Shared Balance Between Destiny Releases: Silver is available for purchase in both Destiny 2 and Destiny 1, however Destiny accounts do not share a Silver balance across Destiny releases.
- Checking the Silver Balance in Destiny: Players can check the Silver balance of their Destiny 2 or Destiny 1 accounts in-game from the Eververse Trading Co. storefront or from their Character Inventory screen.
- Checking the Silver Balance using the Destiny Companion: The Destiny Companion on Bungie.net or the Mobile App may also be used to check a Destiny 2 account's Silver balance. However, the Destiny Companion may not accurately reflect Silver purchases that were made while an account was not currently logged into Destiny 2.
Back to Top
Troubleshooting Silver Issues
Players that encounter issues when attempting to purchase Silver on their Destiny account should try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Wait Up to 30 Seconds: Allow for up to 30 seconds to pass to see if the Silver amount is added to the account.
- Re-launch Destiny: If the Silver is not added to the account after the time has passed, log out of Destiny and then log back into any Character. A successful Silver purchase should present players with a notification upon logging back into a Character. If the notification does not appear, check the current Silver balance from the Character Inventory screen.
- Sign Out of Platform Account: If the Silver balance does not reflect the purchased Silver amount, please close Destiny and completely sign out of the platform account. It may also be advisable to clear the cache on consoles or to restart the Blizzard Battle.net Launch on PC. After logging back into Destiny, please check for a notification of a successful Silver purchase or check the Silver balance in the Character Inventory screen.
- Check for Successful Transaction: If the Silver balance still does not reflect the purchased Silver amount, please ensure that the transaction shows as successfully completed according to the platform marketplace and that the purchase was made on the correct account and for the intended Destiny release.
- Contact Platform Support: If the platform marketplace shows that the purchase was successful, please contact PlayStation Support, Xbox Support, or Blizzard Support to investigate potential issues with the transaction.
- Submit Help Request: If platform support is not able to identify or resolve potential issues with the transaction, please submit a help request using the Missing Silver Contact Form.
Silver Sync PendingPlayers may receive a Silver Sync Pending error message when attempting to purchase Silver on their Destiny 2 or Destiny 1 accounts.
- This error indicates that the server is experiencing a delay in processing the Silver transaction.
- Once the server delay has resolved, the purchased Silver will automatically be added to the account balance.
- If players receive this error message, they should attempt the suggested troubleshooting steps listed above to help resolve this issue.
- Important Note: All Silver purchases initiated while encountering a Silver Sync Pending error should be successfully completed once the error is resolved. Players should not attempt multiple Silver purchases until the Silver Sync Pending error has resolved as Silver cannot be refunded
Back to Top
Silver Vital Information
Below is a list of Vital Information players may need to know about Silver. This list will be updated if more issues are discovered.
- Silver Purchased for Wrong Release: Silver that is purchased for the wrong Destiny release cannot be refunded or transferred between releases. Players should ensure they are purchasing the correct Silver bundle for their intended release: "Destiny 2 Silver" Bundles are for Destiny 2 and "Destiny Silver" bundles are for Destiny 1.
- Legacy Consoles: Silver is no longer available for purchase on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Legacy Consoles. For more information, please see the Destiny 1 on Legacy Consoles Guide.
Back to Top
If none of these steps solved your problem, you may return to the help page to seek other answers.