Destiny 2: Season of Arrivals
Season of Arrivals
The Darkness is closer than you think...
The Pyramid ships have arrived and an untapped power has summoned the enemies of humanity. Help unravel the true nature of the Darkness.
In Season of Arrivals, fragments of the vanquished Almighty burn in the sky, but celebration is cut short as mysterious Pyramid ships reveal themselves throughout the system. A dark omen unveils itself and an obscured message howls through the emptiness of space. In the shadow of the Pyramid ship, you must search for answers.
Contact Public Event, Umbral Engrams, and the Prismatic Recaster
To help the Drifter investigate the true nature of the Darkness, players will need to defeat enemies and bank Motes of Darkness in the new Contact Public Event. After earning Umbral Engrams from various in-game sources, players can use the Prismatic Recaster to influence the contents of the engram, then use the Umbral Decoder to decrypt the engram.
Focus Umbral Engrams to influence the rewards within
Unlocks access to Basic Umbral Focusing, Improved Arsenal Focusing, and Improved Armor
Gifts of Light & Dark
Power offered in outstretched hands
Unlocks access to 3 Ranks with 7 Upgrades each
Throughout the Season, players can upgrade the Prismatic Recaster to unlock specialized Umbral Focusing options and earn rewards through Umbral Research ranks.
*Available mod rotates daily
The Prismatic Recaster offers three different bounties that players can complete for XP and Glimmer. Additionally, Weekly Bounties will offer Twisted Energy, used to upgrade the Prismatic Recaster, and Daily Bounties will offer Altered Element, used to alter Umbral Engrams.
• Players will need to own the Season Pass to purchase Prismatic Recaster upgrades and bounties.
• Umbral Engrams do not give any rewards if dismantled.
• When Season of Arrivals ends, these pursuits and activities will be removed and replaced with new rewards and themes in the next Season.
The Prophecy Dungeon is a new three-player activity that is available to all players - the Season of Arrivals Season Pass is not required to access this dungeon. Unique rewards, such as the Daito Foundry Armor Set, are exclusive to this dungeon and can be earned through weekly completions.
Max Power Level
Starting in the Season of Arrivals, players will be able to see the Max Power Level for all Legendary weapons and armor. This change won't affect any gear in Season of Arrivals, as Legendary weapons and armor will not be at their Max Power Level at the start of the Season. However, some Legendary gear will reach their Power Level cap starting in Season 12. Exotic weapons and armor do not have a Max Power Level.
For a list of items that will reach Max Power in Season 12, or for more information, please visit our Max Power Level Article linked below.
Back to Top
The Season of Arrivals Season Pass includes access to the Season's story, seasonal activity, new gear, and Premium Track rewards for Seasonal Ranks which gives players access to rewards earlier than the Free Track.
||Destiny 2 Install Size
||Storage Space Needed for Installation
Installing and Updating Destiny 2
Below are Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and Season of Arrivals known issues. This is not a complete list, but a targeted list of specific issues.
Season of Arrivals Top Issues and Vital InformationLast Updated: June 25, 2020
- XBOX players who pre-ordered Destiny 2: Beyond Light need to highlight D2 on the Dashboard, click "Manage game & add-ons" and install the Beyond Light items in the "Ready to install" area. Then, relaunch D2 and view the Cryptarch's inventory in the Tower to claim the pre-order items.
- Season Passes will be applied to the first account that signs in. If you plan to Cross Save but will use another character set, it's recommended to set up Cross Save before logging in. For more information, click here.
- Universal Ornaments will only appear on certain Legendary armor pieces called Armor 2.0. These armor pieces will show an Energy cost on them.
- Dismantling an Umbral Engram will not give any rewards.
- If a player's engram inventory is full when decrypting Umbral Engrams, a legendary engram may go to the Postmaster instead of the item going to a player's inventory.
- Players who dismantle the Season of Arrivals intro quest can reacquire it from Zavala.
- Boss kills will grant bonus progression for the Scornful Shadow, Bloodied Legion, Delete Executable, and Breakin' some Taken Prismatic Recaster Daily Bounties.
- Players will be blocked from completing the Prismatic Recaster weekly ritual loop if previously completed on a character of the same class earlier that week.
- Seasonal consumables will be deleted when Season of Arrivals ends.
Top Issues Being Investigated
- Error codes BEAVER, ANTEATER, and RABBIT.
- Some players may not receive rewards from Garden of Salvation encounter chests.
- Some players may not receive progress on Crucible and Iron Banner quests and bounties.
- When using HDR, the Brightness Slider doesn't appear to work, and dark areas are hard to see.
- Players whose Forsaken licenses did not transfer from Blizzard to Steam should retry PC Migration. Additionally, some players experiencing this issue may need to log into Destiny 2 on Steam before retrying migration.
- Receiving "Problem Reading Game Content" errors after verifying the integrity of game files.
Items and Weapons
- Umbral Enhancements III does not give an extra perk to the Cold Denial Pulse Rifle and Falling Guillotine Sword
- Kills with the reprised IKELOS shotgun, sniper rifle, and sub-machine gun will not grant progress on the Sleeper Simulant Catalyst.
- The Anti-Barrier mod prevents Explosive head and other explosive damage on bows.
- Merciless' Intrinsic Mod doesn't trigger to accelerate charge times
- The masterworked Trinity Ghoul exotic bow is not tracking enemies defeated using chain lightning damage.
- Jade Rabbit’s Fate of All Fools perk is no longer activating.
- If Phoenix Cradle boots are equipped, the Sun Warrior buff doesn't work with Sunspots from enemy kills.
- The Wealth of the Emperor buff does not go away, even if the chalice is perfected.
Bounties and Quests
- Players who have previously completed the Tommy’s Matchbook catalyst quest are being given the quest again.
- Some players are unable to accept the weekly "Means to an End" quest from the Prismatic Recaster.
- The Nascent Dawn 1/5 quest step can't be completed because the Sleeper Node at CB.NAV/RUN.()Dynamo.Approach.Arch is missing.
- The Become Legend quest step to reach 950 Power doesn't update when players reach 950 Power. This will update when players reach 1000 Power.
- The bonus Clan Bounty is not progressing with Grandmaster Nightfall completions.
- The Shock-Storm Prismatic Recaster Daily Bounty will not progress with Warlock's Ball Lightning ability.
Triumphs and Collections
- The "Contact: Heavy Hitters" Triumph doesn't accurately update the appropriate Taken Boss killed
- The Forged in Fire Crucible badge cannot be obtained.
- Dying to Environmental Hazards or The Architects will sometimes show a recommended Power Level of 1880947200.