Destiny 2: Shadowkeep marks the beginning of Year 3 in Destiny 2. Players will gain access to a brand new story campaign on the Moon destination, along with new activities, increased Power, and more. Shadowkeep will be released on Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
- Purchasing Destiny 2: Shadowkeep does not require ownership of previous Destiny 2 content. For more information, please visit our Destiny 2: New Light article.
- New Destination - The Moon
- New Story Missions & Challenging Quests
*Destiny 2: Shadowkeep includes a digital copy of the game and a single Season Pass, providing exclusive activities and rewards.
||Dive right into the world of Destiny with Destiny 2: New Light to experience responsive first-person shooter combat, to explore rich worlds with sweeping vistas and stunning visuals, and to earn an arsenal of powerful weapons and armor. Bring your personalized Guardian with you on any platform into a large variety of activities and modes - from cooperative quests, competitive modes, challenging endgame activities, and more.|
Destiny 2: New Light is free for all players on every supported platform and will be released on Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
Season of the Undying
||In Season of the Undying, the Black Garden opens and the Vex emerge to assault the surface of the Moon. Working with Ikora, players have to fight back against the Vex invasion in a new seasonal activity, the Vex Offensive. When the Season ends, those pursuits and activities will be replaced with new rewards and themes in the next Season.|
Season of the Undying also includes the Gate Lord's Eye Artifact and Premium Track rewards for Seasonal Ranks which gives players access to rewards earlier than the Free Track. For more information, view our Season Pass, Ranks and Artifacts article.
||Destiny 2 Install Size
||Storage Space Needed for Installation
Install and Update
Below are Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and Season of the Undying known issues. This is not a complete list, but a targeted list of specific issues.
Season of the Undying Top Issues and Vital Information
Last Updated: October 11, 2019
- We have issued a fix for players who accidentally purchased content on their inactive account before enabling Cross Save. We have made a
one-time attribution to grant the appropriate content to their main account
that should enable it for all platforms that are set up in Cross Save. This has
affected less than 0.5% of players in Shadowkeep and we are also working to
make the Cross Save process clearer to avoid issues in the future.
- Season Passes will be applied to the first account that signs in. If you plan to Cross Save but will use another character set, it's recommended to set up Cross Save before logging in. For more information, click here.
- Pulling Legendary armor from Collections will always give Armor 1.0.
- The Seasonal Artifact will always show a player’s own stats when inspecting another player.
- Mods only found on gear won’t be unlocked on accounts until they are reacquired.
- Forsaken subclasses are only available with a Forsaken or Shadowkeep license.
- When inspecting a Cross Saved player's friends list, players may see another players gamertag from a different platform.
- The Premonition Legendary Pulse Rifle incorrectly states that it’s “Found by exploring the Moon” but the source is actually from the new dungeon, which will become available after Shadowkeep’s launch.
Top Issues Being Investigated
- PC players may mitigate SQUIRREL errors by removing Cyrillic letters from their Steam nickname.
- Some players may mitigate WEASEL errors by removing Cyrillic letters from their Clan Name, Clan Tag, Clan Motto, or Clan Description.
- Players whose Forsaken licenses did not transfer from Blizzard to Steam should retry PC Migration.
- Players may sometimes receive Silver instead of a Season Pass. Players may spend this Silver in the Seasons page in the Director to redeem their Season Pass.
- We are investigating various issues reported by players in PC Migration. In the meantime, any player encountering issues should retry PC Migration here.
- Players who are encountering “problem reading game content” errors on Steam should try deleting the steam_appid.txt file in their Destiny 2 folder. Players performing these steps must also ensure that they are NOT launching Destiny 2 using the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Example directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Destiny 2
- Players may also find this under …\Destiny2\bin\x64
- Players with more than 300 friends on Steam may experience crashes at the title screen. Players encountering this issue should lower their friends list to less than 300 people.
- Fireteam chat will not work when Steam is offline.
- All offline players in Clans will not display their name, but instead, will show Offline.
- If players create a Fireteam while Steam is down, other players will never be able to join them
- Some players who started D2 right before October 1 will still be at 0 Power when logging in. To resolve this, players will need to delete that character.
- Player’s Origin Story and Last Dance weapons may disappear when completing the Red War mission, “Journey.”
- Certain Achievements/Trophies can only be unlocked by owning Forsaken (third subclass, reaching Dreaming City, 5000 triumph score).
- Only newly created Guardians can unlock the Show Me What You Got Achievement/Trophy.
- Lunafaction Boots incorrectly state that using them in Rifts will automatically reload weapons, but they will actually increase weapon reload speed as of Update 184.108.40.206.
- The Black Armory Key Mold cannot be picked up from Ada-1.
- If it has been abandoned, the completed Essence of Anguish quest step can only be acquired by unlocking the Lectern of Enchantment.
- If players claim the Seasonal Artifact while equipment is locked, they will not receive it.
- The In Search of Answers quest step may not appear in a player's inventory, even after talking with Eris. Please check the Postmaster to pick up the quest and continue the campaign.
- If the Firewall quest step is dismantled after completing Eris' weekly bounty, players have to wait a week before they can obtain a new one.
- If the Luna’s Calling weekly quest is deleted before collecting rewards and the bounty is reclaimed, players will have to wait a week to complete it.
- Strike Playlist Completions will count toward certain exotic quest progression, but Strikes selected on Destinations will not.
- In Redrix’s Broadsword quest step, The Constant, Crucible weekly and additional bounties will not count.
- The Enhance! EDZ quest is only available to newly created Guardians. This issue will be resolved in a future update.
- The Exodus Black Nessus quest cannot be reclaimed if abandoned.
- Completing Eris’ weekly bounty before certain quests are acquired will result in players having to wait a week to obtain another weekly bounty.
- Invitations of the Nine bounties no longer reward Powerful Rewards.
Triumphs and Seals
- Some triumphs will display a progress bar even though only one objective needs to be completed.
- The Scan Patrol Triumph won’t gain progress if scans are completed in the Sorrow's Harbor area on the Moon.
- The MMXIX Seal went away for players who met the requirements to obtain it.
- The Wisdom of the Witch Triumph progress won’t count because Pilgrimage patrols from Shuro Chi in the Dreaming City will not complete.
- Tribute Hall Triumphs sometimes don't give players Tributes.
- Players may encounter crashes in the final round of the Gofannon Forge.
- Certain warnings will appear for Nightfalls that require players to have certain mods equipped. These warnings don't account for teammates' loadouts.
- Previewing Crucible Legendary Engrams will incorrectly state that Forsaken is required to earn them.
- The Tribute Hall cannot be opened for some players.