Destiny 2: Forsaken and Year 2 Systems
Destiny 2: Forsaken marks the beginning of the second year of Destiny 2. Forsaken releases on Tuesday, September 4, 2018, and players who purchase Destiny 2: Forsaken will have access to a brand new story campaign, new Supers, new activities, increased Power, and more.
For Destiny 2: Forsaken purchase options, players should visit destinythegame.com/buy. For details on the system changes that all players will experience, please see the page below.
OverviewIntroduced to all players in Year 2 are the following new and updated systems:
- Weapon Slots
- Weapon and Armor Mods
- Shader Deletion
Weapon SlotsIn Year 2, weapons slots have been updated to allow greater variety, freedom, and expression as players engage in combat in Destiny 2. Listed below are specific changes introduced to this feature in Year 2 of Destiny 2.
In Year 1 of Destiny 2, fusion rifles, single-shot grenade launchers, shotguns, and sniper rifles were stored in the Power slot, with the singular exception of the Fighting Lion exotic grenade launcher.
In Year 2 of Destiny 2, fusion rifles, single-shot grenade launchers, shotguns, and sniper rifles are stored in the Primary and Special slot, depending on whether or a given weapon has an elemental attribute.
Kinetic weapons are stored in the Primary slot, and elemental weapons are stored in the Special slot.
PLEASE NOTE: Some targeted weapons of the above listed types may remain in the Power slot as exceptions to these changes.
CollectionsIn Year 2, Collections are being updated for all players to comprehensively track gear earned in-game. Listed below are specific changes introduced to this feature in Year 2 of Destiny 2.
Found in: The Vault
- Exotic Weapons
- Exotic Armor
Found in: The "Collections" tab in the character menu
- Exotic Weapons and Armor
- Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Legendary Weapons
- Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Legendary Armor
- Common, Uncommon, Rare, Legendary, and Exotic Ghost Shells
- Uncommon, Rare, Legendary, and Exotic Ships
- Emblems and Shaders
PLEASE NOTE: Players may only earn items and unlock them in their Collections if they own the release which a given item is available from.
TriumphsIn Year 2, Triumphs are returning for all players to demonstrate the accomplishments of players in-game. Listed below are specific changes introduced to this feature in Year 2 of Destiny 2.
Triumphs for were only available as "Moments of Triumph" from the Statue of Heroes at the end of Year 1
From the start of Year 2, Triumphs track a variety of activities and in-game accomplishments. For details on Triumphs available in Year 2, players should view the "Triumphs" tab in the character menu.
PLEASE NOTE: Some Triumphs may track content tied to specific releases in Destiny 2, and may not be available for completion to players who do not own ithat corresponding release.
Weapon and Armor ModsIn Year 2, the Mod system is being overhauled for all players in Destiny 2.
- Legendary mods offered +5 Power
- Rare mods could be turned in to the Gunsmith for Legendary mods
- The Gunsmith offered random rare and legendary mods
- Mods no longer offer any Power bonuses
- The Gunsmith no longer accepts mods for upgrades
- The Gunsmith has a random offering of Year 2 legendary mods
- Year 1 mods have been deprecated and can be dismantled for materials
- Year 1 mods already inserted into Year 1 armor will not provide any of their Year 1 benefits
- Year 2 mods can be inserted into any Year 1 or Year 2 armor with a mod slot