Destiny 2: PC Known Issues
This is a sub-page of Destiny 2 PC Support. If you are seeking Known Issues for Destiny 2 gameplay, please follow this link. For the most recent and updated list of emergent PC issues in Destiny 2, please click here.
Destiny 2: PC Known Issues
The following are confirmed known issues that players may experience while playing Destiny 2 on PC. Updates to this list will occur when possible. For the most up to date list, please see the Destiny 2 PC Known Issues thread within the #Help forum.
- Oculus Rift Users: Players may experience lowered performance while Oculus Rift tracking cameras are plugged in. Unplugging the cameras from the computer may restore system performance.
- Closing Application: When closing Destiny 2 on PC, players must close the application via mouse input. Controllers cannot select the in-game button to close the Destiny 2 application.
- Cursor in Tri-Monitor Configurations: Changing resolution between 5760x1080, 4080x768, and 3072x768 may trap the mouse cursor in the right-most monitor. Players who encounter this issue should ALT+TAB out of the Destiny 2 application, then back. Players may also toggle Windowed Mode by pressing ALT+ENTER.
- IME in Fullscreen: Players who are running Input Method Editors may encounter a black screen or delay when inputting characters in Fullscreen Mode. For the best experience, these players are encouraged to play in Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen Modes.
- Corporate and University Networks: Some players may be unable to play Destiny 2 on corporate or university networks. Players who encounter this issue must contact their IT department, to meet the connectivity standards outlined in our Network Troubleshooting Guide.
- BUFFALO Errors on multiple PCs: Players may encounter BUFFALO errors when logging in to Destiny 2 on multiple PCs at the same time. To prevent this issue, players must ensure that they are logged out of Destiny 2 on any PC that they do not currently intend to play on.
- TRUMPET Errors: Players who are encountering TRUMPET errors on PC may attempt to work around this issue by changing Blizzard Region, or unfriending deleted Battle.net accounts from their Battle.net friends list. More info here.
- SAXOPHONE Errors when Launching: Players may erroneously encounter SAXOPHONE errors when launching the Destiny 2 application directly from the .exe file. Players who encounter this issue must close the application and relaunch through Blizzard’s Battle.net app.
- Windows 10 Game Bar: The Windows 10 game bar may not work in Fullscreen Mode. Affected players who wish to use this feature should use Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen Mode.
- Scan and Repair: In some cases, players may repeatedly receive an error directing them to use the Scan and Repair tool, but the tool reports “no problems found.” For troubleshooting steps to take when this occurs, click here.
- Frame Stuttering in Area Transitions: We are investigating an issue where players may sometimes encounter delays/frame stutters when transitioning between spaces on planetary destinations when NVIDIA Nsight is installed. To mitigate this, players should open their Nsight Monitor application and visit the following setting: General > NVIDIA Display Driver > Driver Instrumentation. Here, players should make sure that Driver Instrumentation is disabled.