Iron Banner is a week-long Crucible event in Destiny 2 that offers its participants unique rewards. For information regarding the availability of upcoming Iron Banner events, players should look for announcements on our News
While active, the Iron Banner activity can be found in the Crucible node of the Director.
PLEASE NOTE: In the pursuit of an even playing field for all players, we have updated Iron Banner bounties so that they will expire following the launch of each new season in Destiny 2. For example, completed Iron Banner bounties retained from Season of the Forge will be removed entirely from player inventories once Season of the Drifter begins.
When Iron Banner is available, it will begin at the weekly reset and remain active until the following weekly reset. For information on the weekly reset, players should visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide
To participate in the Iron Banner while the event is available, players must:
- Complete the Red War campaign.
- Achieve Level 20.
- Speak with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard.
All players of Destiny 2, regardless of expansion ownership, can participate in Iron Banner events.
Earning Reputation and Rewards
Lord Saladin will offer rewards to players who rank up their reputation with him by turning in Iron Banner Tokens. Lord Saladin is found in the Tower Courtyard and can be accessed by taking the stairs next to the Gunsmith.
- Match Completions: Upon completing an Iron Banner Crucible match, players will be awarded Iron Banner Tokens to turn in to Lord Saladin. While all Iron Banner match completions award tokens, wins will award more tokens than losses.
- Weekly Bounties: Player may earn additional Iron Banner Tokens by completing Weekly Iron Banner bounties. These can be completed on each character throughout an Iron Banner event.
- Purchasing Iron Banner Gear: As players rank up during an Iron Banner event, Iron Banner gear will become available for purchase directly from Lord Saladin.
- Purchasing Iron Banner Weapons: There will be fixed-roll Iron Banner weapons during each Iron Banner event that will be available for purchase directly from Lord Saladin. Additionally, there will also be a fixed-roll Masterwork weapon which can be earned by completing Iron Banner triumphs.
- Iron Banner Emblems: Players may earn an Iron Banner emblem by completing various objectives during an Iron Banner event.
Beginning in Season of the Drifter, players can use unique Iron Banner consumables which can reduce or increase their Power while playing in the Iron Banner.
The Iron Burden
The Iron Burden consumable is for the best of the best to challenge themselves by lowering their Power by 100, putting more focus on skill, strategy, and gunplay. With greater risk comes greater reward. For the brave, Saladin will be offering the Iron Burden consumable for purchase with 5 Iron Banner Tokens. There will be a new Triumph players can complete this Season by defeating 500 opponents while the Iron Burden debuff is active. Completing it will reward players with an updated version of Wizened Rebuke that is fully Masterworked and has a curated roll. Players don’t have to complete this during the first event, and their progress will carry over to the next Iron Banner.
For players who find themselves in PvE activities more frequently, the Wolf’s Favor consumable has been added as an invitation to try their hand in the Iron Banner. These consumables, which will drop with limited availability, grant a temporary 100 Power increase, up to a cap of 700, for 30 minutes. Our goal here is to help those who don’t normally play Crucible take a step into the action.
The Wolf’s Favor consumable has a chance to drop from completing the following daily and weekly challenges:
- Daily Heroic story mission
- Vanguard strikes
- Gambit (requires Destiny 2: Forsaken)
- Weekly milestones from Ikora and Hawthorne
- Power level advantages matter. Players who are higher-leveled will deal more damage to players who are lower-leveled.
- Year 2 rewards, featuring random rolls and compatibility with Year 2 modifications, will be available to all players.
- Iron Banner rewards will be capped at the maximum Power available for players who do not own Destiny 2: Forsaken or the Destiny 2: Forsaken - Annual Pass.
Listed below is Vital Information that players may need to know:
- Iron Banner Engram Preview: Players who preview the contents of an Iron Banner engram will see the previous season's armor set. We're currently investigating this issue.
- Event Conclusion: At the end of an Iron Banner event, Iron Banner bounties will expire. Players can keep these in their inventory until the next Season where they will be removed. Players who choose to not turn in their Iron Banner tokens to Lord Saladin will be able to keep their tokens for the next Iron Banner event.
- Lord Saladin not appearing in the Tower: If during the Iron Banner event, Lord Saladin does not appear in the Tower, players should return to Orbit and try relaunching into the Tower activity again. After the Iron Banner event concludes, players may still be able to launch into a Tower that still shows Iron Banner decorations, but Lord Saladin will no longer appear until the next Iron Banner.