Iron Banner Guide
Iron Banner is a week-long Crucible event in Destiny 2 that offers its participants unique rewards. For information regarding the availability of upcoming Iron Banner events, players should look for announcements on our News page.
While active, the Iron Banner activity can be found in the Crucible node of the Director. Iron Banner rotates between Quickplay Crucible Game Modes, however only one Game Mode will be featured per Iron Banner event. For information on Crucible Game Modes, players should visit the Destiny 2 Activities page.
During the Iron Banner, players will report to Lord Saladin in the Tower to receive the Iron Banner Milestone. This Milestone grants entry to the Iron Banner playlist activity and allows players to participate for glory and rewards.
Entry RequirementsWhen Iron Banner is available, it will begin at the weekly reset and remain active until the following weekly reset. For information on the weekly reset, players should visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide.
To participate in the Iron Banner while the event is available, players must:
- Complete the Red War campaign.
- Achieve Level 20.
- Speak with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard to begin the Iron Banner Milestone and unlock the Iron Banner Crucible activity.
Earning Reputation and RewardsLord Saladin will offer rewards to players who rank up their reputation with him by turning in Iron Banner Tokens. Lord Saladin is found in the Tower Courtyard, and can be accessed by taking the stairs next to the Gunsmith.
- Match Completions: Upon completing an Iron Banner Crucible match, players will be awarded with Iron Banner Tokens to turn in to Lord Saladin. While all Iron Banner match completions award tokens, wins award more tokens than losses.
- Daily Challenges and Milestones: Players may earn additional Iron Banner Tokens by completing Daily Iron Banner Challenges and the Daily Iron Banner Milestone. These can be completed on each character, each day.
- Seasonal Milestone: There is a Seasonal Iron Banner Milestone available to players who participate in the Iron Banner event. Progress toward this Milestone is account wide, and it can only be completed once per account. For more information on Destiny 2 Seasons, players should visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide.
- Purchasing Iron Banner Gear: As players rank up during an Iron Banner event, Iron Banner gear will become available for purchase directly from Lord Saladin.
- Iron Banner Ornaments: Players may earn Ornaments for their Iron Banner armor by completing various objectives during an Iron Banner event. These Ornaments and their objectives can be seen when speaking with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard, or by inspecting Iron Banner armor.
Vital InformationListed below is Vital Information that players may need to know:
- Event Conclusion: Players should ensure that they turn in any remaining Iron Banner Tokens before Lord Saladin departs from the Tower Courtyard following the weekly reset.
- Lord Saladin not appearing in the Tower: If during the Iron Banner event Lord Saladin does not appear in the Tower, players should return to Orbit and try relaunching into the Tower activity again.