Factions Rallies will be on hiatus during Season 4.While the Faction Rallies event is on hiatus, faction tokens will not be redeemable.
For players who were unable to acquire specific Exotic weapon catalysts during previous Faction Rallies, we are working on new ways for players to earn them, but they will not be available at the beginning of Season 4.
Keep an eye on our News page to find details on upcoming Faction Rallies changes.
Faction Rallies is a week-long event available in Destiny 2, which features a competition between the Factions, and offers Faction-themed rewards. Once Faction Rallies event is active, players have until the weekly reset to earn Faction reputation tokens which can be turned in to the Faction vendors for rewards. For announcements on upcoming Faction Rallies, players should follow the Bungie.net News
Characters can participate in Faction Rallies if they meet the following requirements:
- Character Level 20
- Complete the Red War Campaign
- Complete the Faction Rallies Introduction Milestone
- Pledge to one of the three Factions
Pledging to a Faction
There are three Factions participating in Faction Rallies:
- Dead Orbit is represented by Arach Jalaal who is located in the Tower Hanger
- Future War Cult is represented by Lakshmi-2 who is located in the lounge above the Tower Hanger
- New Monarchy is represented by Executor Hideo who is located in the Tower Bazaar
Players can pledge to a Faction by visiting one of the Faction Vendors.
- Players can only be pledged to one Faction for the duration of the Faction Rallies event
- Once a player has pledged to a Faction, they will not be able to change their pledged Faction until the next Faction Rallies event
- Players can check the Faction to which their account is pledged by viewing the Faction-themed buff in their Character screen
- Reputation progress is retains through multiple events, and it will not be reset during the season, even if a player changes allegiance
Earning Faction Reputation and Rewards
During Faction Rallies, players can complete a variety of activities to earn reputation tokens for their pledged Faction.
- Daily Faction Rallies Milestone
- Completing Public Events in any Destination
- Opening Lost Sector chests
- Quickplay or Competitive Crucible
- Trials of the Nine
Faction reputation tokens can be turned in to the associated Faction vendor to receive Faction Engrams.
- Faction Engrams can decrypt into Faction-themed Legendary Armor and Weapons, as well as some cosmetic items.
- Some gear can be purchased directly from Faction vendors during a Faction Rallies event.
- Players can unlock armor Ornaments for their Faction armor by completing objectives listed in that Faction's vendor screen.
- After pledging to a faction, players may earn Renown by completing a public event or patrol, or by defeating high-value targets on destinations
- Players who loot a Lost Sector with Renown active will receive significantly more faction tokens than usual—the more stacks of Renown they have, the more faction tokens they earn
- Renown is lost when players are defeated by enemies, fast travel, or go to orbit
- Renown increases the level of challenge in gameplay
- Health regeneration is vastly reduced (all stack levels)
- Enemy kills have a chance to drop health orbs (all stack levels)
- Player damage decreased (scales with stack, up to 5)
- Incoming damage increased (scales with stack, up to 5)
While Renown is active on a player, others around them can see which faction the player has pledged to:
Renown displays which Faction a Guardian is pledged to, but only from a third person view. This functionality applies to all players.
Victory Week and the Winner's Offering
At the end of Faction Rallies, the Faction whose pledges acquired the most Faction Engrams will be declared the winner of the event. For the duration of the Victory Week that follows the end of a Faction Rallies event, the vendor of the winning Faction will have a Winner's Offering available for purchase.
- The Victory Week will start at the Weekly Reset after the conclusion of Faction Rallies and will last for one week.
- Players can preview the potential Winner's Offering from each Faction before pledging to a Faction and throughout the Faction Rallies event.
- The Winner's Offering will be available for purchase at the winning Faction vendor for the duration of the Victory Week until the Weekly Reset.
- Players who pledged to the winning Faction can purchase one Winner's Offering for 1,000 Glimmer, any additional purchases of the Winner’s Offering will cost 50,000 Glimmer.
- Characters who did not pledge to the winning Faction can purchase the Winner's Offering for 50,000 Glimmer.
- Players who did not pledge to any Faction during Faction Rallies can purchase the Winner's Offering for 50,000 Glimmer.
Below is a list of vital information players may need to know about Faction Rallies.
- Victory Social Space Decorations: Players that remain in the Tower social space or enter the social space shortly after the Victory Week has begun, may encounter some graphical overlap in event-related decorations. Bungie is aware of the issue and is investigating.
- Token Reset Between Faction Rallies: All Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, and New Monarchy Tokens still in players' inventories will be reset in between Faction Rallies events. It is recommended that players use these tokens with their respective faction vendor before the end of Victory Week every Faction Rallies.
- Pledges on Faction Emblems: When players equip a Faction emblem that displays pledges to a given faction, it will only display the number of pledges on the last character to equip the emblem. In some cases, this may cause characters to display the stat of other characters on the same account. This can be resolved by un-equipping and re-equipping these emblems on that character.