Trials of the Nine Guide
|The final Trials of the Nine for Season 3 will begin on Aug. 24, 2018 at 10 a.m. PDT and end on Aug. 28, 2018 at 10 a.m. PDT at the weekly reset. |
Players can redeem their Trials Tokens for rewards before the end of Season 3 by visiting the Emissary at The Third Spire social space.
Trials are currently on hiatus. When the weekly activity returns, it will feature updated rewards, Power advantages, and other gameplay changes. Keep an eye on our News page to find details on upcoming Trials changes.
Trials of the Nine is a weekly Crucible playlist in Destiny 2 that offers unique rewards. This playlist is available for a limited time each week, starting Friday at 10:00 AM Pacific, and becomes unavailable after the weekly reset.
The Trials of the Nine playlist is located in the Crucible node of the Director. The Trials ticket, which tracks player’s progress through this playlist, is embedded into the playlist tooltip and can be seen anytime the player is in the Director. Players who accumulate wins on a single ticket will earn exclusive rewards. Players will not start gaining losses on their ticket until they obtain their first win. Players who receive 3 losses on a single ticket will automatically have their ticket reset. Once the activity starts, the player’s Inventory is Locked until they finish the match.
About Trials of the Nine
- Players may only enter Trials of the Nine with a pre-made Fireteam of 4. All Trials of the Nine matches are 4v4.
- Trials of the Nine Game Modes rotate weekly, between Countdown and Survival.
- Trials of the Nine features a single Crucible map, which rotates weekly.
- Players can view the status of their ticket in the Trials of the Nine tooltip, under the Crucible in the Director.
- Trials of the Nine is a locked-loadout playlist. Players cannot change their selected gear until they exit the Trials of the Nine playlist.
Entry RequirementsTrials of the Nine is available for a limited time each week, starting Friday at 10:00 AM Pacific, and becomes unavailable after the weekly reset.
To participate in Trials of the Nine, players must:
- Complete the Destiny 2 campaign.
- Finish the Call to Arms Milestone at least once.
- Have a minimum Power of 260.
- Have a pre-made Fireteam of 4 eligible players.
Earning Reputation and RewardsOnce players have achieved a single Trials of the Nine win, they will be granted access to The Third Spire. At The Third Spire, players will be introduced to The Emissary. The Emissary rewards players who achieve consecutive wins in Trials of the Nine, and players may turn in tokens to The Emissary for additional rewards.
- Match Wins and Weekly Challenges: Winning Trials of the Nine matches and completing Trials of the Nine Challenges will award players Trials of the Nine Tokens. Players who rank up their reputation with The Emissary by turning in enough tokens will receive additional rewards. Trials of the Nine Challenges may be completed weekly, per character, for additional tokens.
- Cumulative Match Wins: Players who accumulate multiple wins on their Trials of the Nine card will unlock new tiers at The Third Spire for greater rewards from The Emissary. These tiers are: 3 wins, 5 wins, and 7 wins. Players who achieve a Flawless Ticket, which requires 7 wins and no losses, will unlock the highest tier at The Third Spire for additional rewards.
Vital InformationListed below is Vital Information that players may need to know:
- Match Losses: Players will receive a loss on their Trials Ticket for quitting a match, getting disconnected, or changing characters mid-match. If players receive a loss for these reasons, they will be ineligible for a Flawless Ticket until their ticket is reset.
- Weekly Clan Engrams: Clan members will be eligible to receive the Weekly Clan Engram for Trials of the Nine if a single Clan member wins 7 matches on a Trials of the Nine ticket. Unlike the other Engrams as described in the Weekly Clan Engrams tooltip, half of the Clan member's Fireteam does not need to consist of Clan members to unlock the Trials of the Nine Weekly Clan Engram.
- Trials of the Nine Gear Lockouts: Players will lose access to gear earned in Trials of the Nine if a restriction or ban is applied to their account. Restrictions and bans cannot be disputed and will not be overturned. For more information, please see: DESTINY ACCOUNT RESTRICTIONS AND BANNING POLICIES