Destiny 2 Inventory Management: Postmaster, Vault, and Character Inventory
Within Destiny 2, players will have multiple ways to manage their Inventory, whether it be through items held on Characters, within the Vault, or received by the Postmaster.
When viewing the Character menu within Destiny 2, players have access to the following inventory slots which can hold up to 10 of each item:
- Kinetic Weapons
- Energy Weapons
- Power Weapons
- Chest Armor
- Leg Armor
- Class Armor
Within the Inventory menu, players will see four inventory categories, which may hold up to 50 individual or bundled items per category:
These categories can be sorted by newest, rarity, or quantity. Some items may be seen across multiple Characters, whereas some will be restricted to a single Character's inventory.
Back to Top
Vault and Collections
Once a Social Space has been unlocked, players will be granted access to the Vault and Collections.
VaultThe following items may be stored within the Vault:
Players may place up to 500 individual or bundled items within the Vault, which may be sorted by newest, rarity, or quantity.
CollectionsSince the launch of Forsaken, Collections has been updated to reflect all items players can collect in Destiny 2. Items that do not have randomized perks can be taken from Collections by purchasing them with a combination of materials that can include glimmer, legendary shards, gunsmith materials, and/or planetary materials.
- Exotic Items (includes all exotic weapons and all exotic armor)
- Ghost Shells
- Vehicles (includes ships and sparrows)
- Flair (includes emblems, shaders, transmat effects, and miscellaneous items such as masks from Festival of the Lost)
Emotes are viewable from the Character screen in the Cosmetic Gear section.
PLEASE NOTE: Collections tracking was not available until the release of Warmind; any items collected and dismantled / discarded before Warmind's release will not appear in Collections.
Once a Social Space has been unlocked, players will gain access to the Postmaster. If an item is not collected before returning to orbit or proceeding to an alternate destination, it will be sent to the Postmaster.
- Items held by the Postmaster may be lost if not manually retrieved and stored in the Vault.
- Items are discarded from the Postmaster when accruing over 20 "Lost Items" or deleting a Character.
- Bungie does not replace in-game items that are lost, or discarded. (Deleted Item and Character Policy)
Back to Top