Vanguard Elite Support and Vital Information
Introduced with Destiny Update 2.5.0, Vanguard Elite is an update to all Destiny: Rise of Iron Vanguard Strike playlists. Vanguard Elite awards points to players as they defeat enemies and progress through Vanguard Strikes, and offers new medals which reflect the in-game actions of players.
Vanguard Elite Vital Information
The following items are Vital Information for the Vanguard Elite feature:
- Vanguard Strike Playlists - The Vanguard Elite Strike Scoring feature is only active in Destiny: Rise of Iron Vanguard Strike playlists. The Legacy Vanguard and Taken War Strike playlists, as well as selecting a Strike directly from the Director, will not activate Vanguard Elite Strike Scoring and will grant no progress toward the Competitive Spirit Record Book, Vanguard Elite Quest, or Daily and Weekly Bounties.
Quest and Bounties
- Vanguard Elite Quest and Weekly Bounties - Players may receive the Vanguard Elite Quest, as well as the Vanguard Elite Weekly Bounties from Commander Zavala in the Tower Plaza following every Weekly Reset.
- Vanguard Elite Daily Bounties - Players may receive Daily Vanguard Elite Bounties from the Bounty Tracker, found in the Tower Plaza, Vestian Outpost, and Felwinter Peak.
- Arsenal of Light Bounty - The Entrapment and Warding Light Medals do not contribute progress toward the Arsenal of Light Vanguard Elite Bounty.
- Primary Master, Secondary Fire, and Heavy Gatling Medals - The Primary Master, Secondary Fire, and Heavy Gatling Medals require players to earn Streaks, Sprees, and Rampages with their designated weapon class in Vanguard Strikes. These Bounties only count progress from the final Medal earned per encounter and do count a series of Streak, Spree, and Rampage Medals as three separate occurrences.
- Elite Challenges - The Elite Challenges Quest Step from the Vanguard Elite Quest requires players to acquire Vanguard Elite Weekly Bounties from Commander Zavala. Without these Bounties, players will be unable to progress this Quest Step.
Competitive Spirit Record Book
- Bounty Hunter - In the Competitive Spirit Record Book, the Bounty Hunter Record can only be met be completing and turning in the Daily Vanguard Elite Bounties available from the Bounty Trackers in the Tower Plaza, Vestian Outpost, and Felwinter Peak.
- Killing Spree - The Explosive Spree Medal does not contribute to the Killing Spree Record.
- All The Medals - In the Competitive Spirit Record Book, the record All The Medals can only be met by receiving the following medals from completing Vanguard Strikes in a playlist activity:
- Bronze Tier Achieved, Silver Tier Achieved, Gold Tier Achieved, Time Bonus, Brutal Efficiency, Flawless, or Indestructible.
For more information on the Competitive Spirit Record Book, please see: