Fireteam Recruitment Forums
The Fireteam Recruitment Forums allow players to recruit Fireteam members for activities in a Destiny game. When creating a topic in the Fireteam Recruitment Forum, the author fills out the available options in the post that potential Fireteam members can use to filter their searches while browsing the forum.
Creating a Fireteam Recruitment Post
In addition to a Title and Body, new posts in the Fireteam Recruitment Forums create drop down boxes for the following items:
- Required: Platform, Activity, Spots Needed
- Optional: Tone, Intensity, Guide Options, Microphone Requirements
Please Note: If a player does not have a platform account linked to their Bungie.net profile which matches the criteria set by a topic author, they will not be able to claim a spot on the Fireteam.
Filling the Fireteam
Once the Fireteam Recruitment thread has been posted, other players can claim a spot in the Fireteam.
- If all spots on the Fireteam are claimed, the thread author will receive a notification in the Destiny Companion on Bungie.net and the Mobile App prompting them to review their Fireteam Recruitment topic.
- If the author wishes to proceed with the assembled Fireteam, selecting "Close Thread and Create Fireteam" will lock the topic and Fireteam members.
- If the Fireteam is ready to be created, but not all of the open spots have been filled, the author may select the "Prematurely Close Thread and Create Fireteam" button which will lock the topic and Fireteam members.
- If a player needs to be dismissed from a Fireteam prior to its approval, selecting the "[REMOVE]" button next to the player in their occupied spot will dismiss them from the Fireteam.
- Players may post multiple Recruitment threads for different activities at the same time. For best practices, always press "Close Thread and Cancel Fireteam" in created Recruitment posts that are no longer desired.
Creating the Fireteam
Once the author of the Fireteam Recruitment thread has approved the assembled Fireteam, the topic will be locked.
- Players cannot edit the drop down selections of a Recruitment topic after it has been approved or cancelled, however the Title and Body may still be edited.
- If the author wishes to further change a topic, or wishes to continue recruiting after the thread has been closed, an entirely new topic will need to be created.
- All approved Fireteam members will receive a notification in the Destiny Companion on Bungie.net and the Mobile App which will automatically open up a chat for all participants.
- Players should use this Fireteam Recruitment chat to privately share their PSN ID, Xbox Gamertag, or Blizzard BattleTag information which will allow the players to find each other and join the Fireteam in Destiny.
- Once a player leaves a Fireteam Recruitment chat, they cannot rejoin. They will instead need to creating a new group chat will all of the Fireteam members.
- If additional players would like to join a Fireteam Recruitment chat, a new group chat will need to be created with all desired players included.
Please see below for other information players may need to know regarding the Fireteam Recruitment Forum.
- Clan Recruitment: Players that are looking to recruit new members to their Clan should use the Clan Recruitment forum.
- Muting Harassing Players: If a player is being abusive or disruptive in a topic, they may be muted by the topic author. The muted player may still create comments, but the topic author will no longer receive notifications and the comments will be hidden from their view. Furthermore, a player cannot join a Fireteam if the topic author has muted them. The Mute function may be found in the "Interact" menu on that player's profile on Bungie.net, the options menu of their profile on the Android Companion App, and on the face of their profile page on the iOS Companion App.
- Reporting Harassing Players: If a player is being abusive in the forums, they may be reported to Bungie.net Moderators. The Report function may be found under that player's comment on Bungie.net, and in the options menu found when that comment is selected in the Android and iOS Companion Apps.
- Bungie.net Privacy Settings: Players may opt to not display their Destiny characters using their Bungie.net Privacy Settings. To see a player’s Destiny characters, Fireteam leaders should reach out to the player through a private message and request their PSN ID, Xbox Gamertag, or Blizzard BattleTag. A player’s Destiny characters may be searched directly on Bungie.net using their PSN ID, Xbox Gamertag, or Blizzard BattleTag. Please note: Some players hide their PSN ID, Xbox Gamertag, or Blizzard BattleTag information out of privacy or safety concerns. Please always respect their wishes and do not publicly post their information.
- Linked Platform Accounts Required: Players may only create topics in the Fireteam Recruitment forum for platforms which are linked to their Bungie.net profile. If a player wishes to use the "Recruit Fireteam" functionality for a platform that is not linked, they must first link the platform credentials of that account to their Bungie.net profile.
- Updating Threads: Occasionally, a Fireteam Recruitment topic will not update immediately to reflect a change. Please allow the topic time to update, which may take several moments, then refresh the page.