If you are seeing this error it means that Destiny cannot detect a connection to your home network. This may indicate a potential problem with your console or network hardware.
Please note: PC:
Players may encounter CANARY errors if multiple instances of Destiny 2 are running. Players may be required to end all Destiny 2 instances through a Task Manager prior to relaunching the game to resolve this issue.
Before proceeding any further, we strongly recommend switching from WiFi to a wired connection, at least temporarily. This is an important first troubleshooting step to rule out WiFi signal strength/stability as a possible culprit.
The first thing to do is to perform a cold reboot of your console and your networking hardware. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Exit Destiny and shut down your console.
- Once your console is fully shut down, unplug the power supply from the console for at least 30 seconds.
- Unplug the hardware in your networking setup and leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds.
- Start to turn on your networking hardware, starting with the modem, and working your way out to additional hardware.
- Plug in and turn on your gaming console and launch Destiny.
- Attempt to reconnect and play Destiny.
If this doesn't resolve your issue you may need to check the quality of the connection between your console and your modem/router.
If you're using WiFi you may want to try:
If you're using a wired connection you may want to try:
- Verifying that you have a strong, stable wireless connection, with no interference from other wireless networks
- Disconnecting other devices from your wireless network
- Turning off other large electronic devices between your console and router, such as microwave ovens, computers, and televisions
- Switching to a wired connection
- Unplugging then replugging your ethernet cable at both the console and router/modem
- Replacing your ethernet cable
- Switching your ethernet cable to a different port on your router/modem
Please note that a temporary drop in your network connection will disconnect you from Destiny, but may not disconnect you from other services such as Xbox Live/Playstation Network and party chat.
If the steps above do not resolve your issue you may want to consider contacting your console manufacturer for help with network disconnects.