Error Code: CANARY
If you are seeing this error it means that Destiny cannot detect a connection to your home network. This may indicate a potential problem with your console or network hardware.
Before proceeding any further, we strongly recommend switching from WiFi to a wired connection, at least temporarily. This is an important first troubleshooting step to rule out WiFi signal strength/stability as a possible culprit.
The first thing to do is to perform a cold reboot of your console and your networking hardware. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Exit Destiny and shut down your console.
- Once your console is fully shut down, unplug the power supply from the console for at least 30 seconds.
- Unplug the hardware in your networking setup and leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds.
- Start to turn on your networking hardware, starting with the modem, and working your way out to additional hardware.
- Plug in and turn on your gaming console and launch Destiny.
- Attempt to reconnect and play Destiny.
If this doesn't resolve your issue you may need to check the quality of the connection between your console and your modem/router.
If you're using WiFi you may want to try:
- Verifying that you have a strong, stable wireless connection, with no interference from other wireless networks
- Disconnecting other devices from your wireless network
- Turning off other large electronic devices between your console and router, such as microwave ovens, computers, and televisions
- Switching to a wired connection
- Unplugging then replugging your ethernet cable at both the console and router/modem
- Replacing your ethernet cable
- Switching your ethernet cable to a different port on your router/modem
If the steps above do not resolve your issue you may want to consider contacting your console manufacturer for help with network disconnects.
You may also find some of the steps in our Network Troubleshooting Guide helpful.