This error occurs when content patches or updates fail to download. There are two possible fixes for this error:
- Power cycle your router
- Secure a wired connection when downloading updates
To power-cycle your router, follow these instructions:
- Exit Destiny and shut down your console.
- Once your console is fully shut down, unplug the power supply from the console for at least 30 seconds.
- Unplug the hardware in your networking setup and leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds.
- Start to turn on your networking hardware, starting with the modem, and working your way out to additional hardware.
- Plug in and turn on your gaming console and launch Destiny.
- Attempt to reconnect and play Destiny.
If neither of these solutions works, please try deleting then re-installing Destiny to your console. Instructions for all supported platforms are linked below.
If you're experiencing issues where you download a 76 MB update every time you launch Destiny, please see our Bungie Help post
on ways to troubleshoot this issue.