JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by DeeJ: 2/4/2015 12:59:29 AM
DeeJ

Whoa! Look at all that pretty armor! What could it all mean? I know that rampant speculation will burn for a while on this topic. As you enjoy a conversation about the pearls of information that can be lifted from this, please bear a few things in mind... 1. Aside from giving it a name, Bungie has yet to reveal the House of Wolves. That means that anything you know about it can change. We have a team working on the experience in their own fancy room, and they have some exciting surprises up their sleeves. 2. We reserve the right to overwrite anything you're looking at right now. These placeholder items enable us to save room on your drive for actual future updates. You'll all download them before it's time to play. 3. Any stats or assumptions about power or impact or handsomeness are months old, and do not reflect the things that we're doing to adapt to what you've taught us about Destiny. There is a process here, and you're a part of it. Leaks are fun. I totally get it. Please discuss to your heart's content. All we ask is that you leave your mind open to the evolutions that are inevitable. What you see here are very old ghosts from our pre-launch database. These are not necessarily the wolves you're looking for. DeeJ, out.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Fair points

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Completely understand that nothing is final until it's final. Still, really appreciate the way you guys and gals adapt the game. Can't wait to see what's in store next.

Posting in language:

• DeeJ at least answer this question. Will our old raid gear stay relevant or are you just going to let people vanguard to 33?

Posting in language:

• Lead Designer Luke Smith already answered this.

Posting in language:

• Well what was the answer? You have a link? Any info other than just telling him the info is out there? Why do you people do things like this on forums... ?

Posting in language:

• http://www.techtimes.com/articles/28788/20150126/second-destiny-expansion-will-fix-the-mistakes-of-the-dark-below.htm

Posting in language:

• Edited by Mr.Spartan126: 2/4/2015 2:47:00 PM
    Here you go, it slipped my mind: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/28788/20150126/second-destiny-expansion-will-fix-the-mistakes-of-the-dark-below.htm

Posting in language:

• http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148984121&postcount=3062

Posting in language:

• I feel many of us bought the expansion pass so after House of Wolves drop and this is all just repeating itself, we're outta here. Well that's me anyway.

Posting in language:

• I'm looking forward to what you guys have in mind for us, but please don't change the actual designs. These look so much better than the Dark Below armor, especially when it comes to Hunter gear.

Posting in language:

• ... hunters got arguably the coolest helmet in the game from the DB raid

Posting in language:

• I agree. However, the vendor gear we got was absolutely hideous. Especially those arm pieces we got, with their docking stations on the shoulders. I was referring to the vendor gear.

Posting in language:

• Bump

Posting in language:

• Speaking of old ghosts in your database, what happened to ghost shells?

Posting in language:

• I hope to god that isn't true. Vendor gear with 39 light when our current hard earned raid gear got a max of 36 light. A big part of the game is to grind for gear to reach that max level, but if you're just going to reset the entire game per dlc then i might aswell wait until the very last dlc, buy that and call it a day. And by reset i mean: make all previous earned weapons and armor worthless (fine i can deal with that), but to let vendor sell gear that is better than the previous raid gear is just.. awful. Basically This is what happens with every dlc. Bungie: "Hey guys, buy this new dlc!" Players: "Why?" Bungie: "It got new stuff in it!" Players: "What new stuff?" Bungie: "A couple of missions you won't really enjoy or remember and hundreds of new weapons for you to dismantle for upgrade materials, apart from that one gun that is so much better than all other guns." Players: "Hmmm.. I'm not sure i want th..." Bungie: "Well let us convince you then! There is a brand new raid in this dlc aswell!!" Players: "Wow, a new raid!! awesome!!" Bungie: "Yes it is!" Players: "Sweet! thank god i finally got level 32 after months of hard work to earn gear and upgrade materials from the previous raid! I can't wait to use the gear from the previous raid in this one to earn even better gear!" Bungie: "Well..." Players: "What?" Bungie: "It's just that.. well.." Players: "WHAT!?" Bungie: "We are selling better gear in the tower that you should use instead." Players: "But.. what was the point in the previous raid then? Are you saying it was pointless and that all items from it will be trashed the second the new dlc arrives????" Bungie: "It's a nice weather we are having today isn't it?" Players: "Huh? sure but what of the ra...." Bungie: "The dlc is cheap." Players: "What of the dark below raid ge...." Bungie: "Oh my, i didn't realise it was this late." Players: "But isn't it 2 in the afternoon where you are?" Bungie: "Yes, time really does fly, huh?" Players: "But what of the.." Bungie: *Walks away without saying a word* Players: "well.. that new dlc sure sounds great, i will buy it!" And as you may have noticed that was just a really long way to say. Selling gear better than the previous raid gear in tower basically means that you reset the entire game and that the previous content(and all dlc's) that was released before was pointless (apart from some exotic weapons and gear). Maybe i'm not clear enough but it would be nice if atleast the levels we earned had meaning in future content.The only thing you actually need to change is to keep vendor gear as it is now (or reset it back to 29 light gear so that vault of glass is useful again). This is most likely how any other company would have done: 1. Let us buy the game. 2. Let us reach max level from vault of glass gear. 3. Make [u]SOME[/u] weapons and armor obsolete (not all). 4. Let us use vault of glass gear in crota's end to earn even better gear. 5. Unlock better weapons from tower vendors at higher ranks but still keep the outdated ones at lower ranks (Currently rank 43 vanguard, stopped unlocking rewards at rank 3). 6. Let us use crota's end raid gear to reach max level. 7. Make [u]SOME[/u] weapons and armor obsolete (not all). 8. Let us use crota's end raid gear in House of wolves raid to earn even better gear. 9. Unlock better weapons from tower vendors at higher ranks but still keep the outdated ones at lower ranks. The way you do it now you basically let us skip everything that was before the latest dlc (apart from getting up to level 20). And this is how it will be if the system isn't changed: 1. Buy destiny. 2. Get level 20. 3. Dlc, pointless, don't buy. 4. Dlc, pointless, don't buy. 5. Dlc, pointless, don't buy. 6. Dlc, pointless, don't buy. 7. Dlc, not pointless but not really worth it, don't buy. 8. Dlc, pointless, don't buy. 9. Dlc, pointless, don't buy. 10. Last dlc, buy it and get max level and you are done. It's such a simple thing to change to make content relevant again. And i was originally just going to say: "I hope you have come far since these first ideas, and that some of these things aren't relevant anymore." And nothing more :D I'm expecting alot of hate for this comment so do not be suprised if i don't respond to people saying that resetting the game for every dlc is epic and does not need to be changed, it's just not the way i want to play and i can't be the only one to feel that way. Oh and here, allow me to fill in some response to this post from random people with anger issues: "I read the first line and all i heard was gooo gooo waaa" " I stopped reading at "Bungie: "Hey guys, buy this new dlc!" " " **** you you ************ you son of a ***** " " Go cry somewhere else, noone here cares about you or what you think " " I read that you expected a comment like this and now i hate you for expecting me to write such a thing " There you go. Now you don't have to bother wasting time on writing a bad response, just copy paste.

Posting in language:

• This ^^

Posting in language:

• I think the point of raids is to have fun and enjoy yourself with your friends. And you still get a heads tart on the raid, keeping you ahead of the game before the none raiders have a chance. I don't see why it's such a big deal? But honestly I don't really ever have the time to do the raids, so I can't say much. Just my opinion. It kinda officially makes the solo gameplay obsolete since vendor gear will be worthless. It'll take a lot of variety from the game as well. Everyone is going to do the raids now, and almost everyone will be the max level available. I did a lot of shit for the factions because I like their armor. But now that work is going to be invalid. But if raiders are the majority, then more power to you guys! You guys deserve it

Posting in language:

• i agree with you!! Its spot-on!

Posting in language:

• You do not need to worry about the vendor gear. Bungie already said that they learned their lesson with vendor gear in TDB and will not bring new vendor gear that will render previous raid gear useless.

Posting in language:

• Didn't bother to view the attached link because I'm looking forward to the surprise. Either way, thanks for clarifying stuff like this early, on that note: Any word on the "leaked" picture showing tentative timelines for HoW, Comet, etc?

Posting in language:

• If that's true, then please change the design on the armour. It looks hideous. Or at least implement a transmog system.

Posting in language:

• Is it true that this won't be released until May ?

Posting in language:

• Deej please let us have vanity slots for our armour! This new gear looks awesome and I can't wait to try it on but if we had vanity slots then everyone would look more unique and it would make the game more enjoyable! :)

Posting in language:

• I got these amazing rare boots for my titan, wish it would be done!

Posting in language:

• Looking forward to it, Guardian.

Posting in language:

7 8 9 10 11 12 13
You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon