JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by cusman: 2/2/2015 7:04:38 PM
I have never for 1 second believed anybody that says to me that Xur is not managed (i.e. Uncontrolled Random Chaos). They might have him generate a new roll until they are happy with his offerings just so they don't have to manually pick each item, but they look at what he generated, and then they decide that is good. It's just like IT people that use Random Password Generators, and get a bunch of options and then go for one that isn't too terrible to type in. Its still managed, even if it was randomly generated. Oh and I also believe anytime he decides to sell Gjallahorn, they tell him to re-roll until he doesn't. They will sell that when they want to attract back an audience that is moving away past their comfort level (like they did with the Ice Breaker, to get people back in). They will use the Gjallahorn as such a mechanic... and then be ready with numbers to report of how many people played, how much coins spent etc.... all just like like they did with Ice Breaker sale #2. I am willing to bet they will do it on a week that has House of Wolves specific Weekly (i.e. people need to buy Expac to get coins), and then Xur selling something people would be willing to buy Expac, to get coins, to get weapon... but what they maybe don't realize that as they have a useless new Xur week after week... many of us will end up with 100+ coins before they ever do something like that.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I think Xur is largely left to his own devices. IMO they may tweak item ratings every so often, but thats it. Weighting tweakage would certainly explain the Voidfang spam, followed by them disappearing for ages. Although, you do present quite a likely scenario. No matter how he acquires his invent, I love Xur. Best troll ever, because he manages to be useful whilst he pisses off vast swathes of child-minded gamers. 😂

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• In your view if it isn't random why would they then pick the same armour over and over which has annoyed and alienated part of the community.

Posting in language:

• I feel strongly that our Community Manager hasn't done a good job staying informed about the things the community gets upset about, nor has he had the access to communicate any concerns he becomes aware of to the game management decision makers within Bungie managing Xur. After getting out of his vacation, he was on some PR stunts, and just this week seems to have returned back to his Community Manager duties. I don't know why they have so few people monitoring/managing the community feedback. Games with far less size teams seem to do much better job at it with their feedback cycles.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon