JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.
10/28/2014 7:54:26 PM

Question about elemental damage modifiers and weapons

I came to the experts for this question. So for instance we have void burn this week. I have my icebreaker with solar damage almost maxed out. I have a rare junk snipe with void damage. Would it be to my advantage to use the void damage snipe over the icebreaker with solar damage? thanks in advance
English
#Destiny

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I didn't check which strike it is but it depends on the situation. If it's shanks or wizards then your icebreaker is what you want for sure. If they have arc or void shields that POS is going to do the job a little better. My math may be a bit off but you get 3X the damage when a burn is active (fairly certain for both sides of the fight). Using last week as an example: if the wizard wasn't a major/ultra I used my arc fusion rifle and rekt it, if it was an upgraded wizard I pulled out a fire weapon until the shield fell down then switched to my arc fusion rifle. Just make sure you have a void heavy weapon and some heavy ammo synthesis; you'll be able to do almost whatever you want.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• THANKS; you two have been most helpful. Ill try it tonight!

Posting in language:

• Yes! The "burns" increase the damage you deal exponentially. If you need to take down their shields first though, switch your weapon accordingly, you should be fine.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon