[b][u]Friday Game Nights[/u][/b]
[i]- October 3rd : Marathon Infinity
- October 10th : Marathon Infinity
- October 17th : M1A1 (Marathon 1)
- October 24th : 2014 Fall Classic
- October 31st : No official games[/i]
[b][u]Tuesday Game Nights[/b][/u]
[i]- October 7th : Myth
- October 14th : Unreal Tournament
- October 21st : Halo PC Custom Edition
- October 28th : Marathon Infinity[/i]
OK... cold is pretty much gone, time to get back to it. This month, the focus is back on Marathon. On the Tuesday side, group favorite Unreal Tournament is back, and we'll try to get a good Halo PC Custom edition night in. I moved Halo back a week because it seemed like several possible new players were having scheduling conflicts. Hopefully people can make the 14th.
On Friday the 24th, we'll be doing the 2014 Fall Classic. What is the Fall Classic you ask? It's the time of year we celebrate our group's anniversary. We've technically been around since 2007, but we didn't start playing organized games on a regular basis until October 2008. We've played almost every Friday night since then. In the Fall Classic, I chose a bunch of fun or silly game types from several different games we play and we do them all in one night. In the past we've done stuff like...
- Fetchball, Tr0ball, Dorfball
- Potato Ball, Carnage Soccer
- Dodgeball, various race maps
Halo 3 and Reach
- rocket race, Grif ball, In your base steal'n your flags, Waka Waka Waka
...I'll still keep score, but the point of the Fall Classic is to have a good time and celebrate that the group is still chugging along for another year. I'll have a more finalized schedule for the event when it gets closer, but try to make some time for it. It's one of my favorite things we do all year.
Finally, there are no official games on Halloween. I figure people may have parties and stuff. We may do some Myth or maybe some D&D, but I don't have anything planned at the moment.
Bam, first real monthly update in a while.
Too long...did not read.