JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#feedback

Edited by DeeJ: 10/8/2014 5:57:28 PM
DeeJ

How was your first night in the Iron Banner?

Seeking constructive feedback. Tell me about your experience. Please stay on topic. Were you detecting an advantage attributed to your more powerful gear and weapons? Did the experience feel different than standard Crucible combat? Talk to me, Guardians. UPDATE: I know people quit games when they know they won't win. I'm more curious about your perceptions for how the power-level advantages work. Help me help you. Stay on target!
English
#feedback

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Loot loot loot! Literally the drops suck. Only gear I ever ever saw was the things lord salad bar was selling!? I mean crucible in general needs a huge make over in there drop rates.. I mean we are getting crappy 274 blues MAYBE once every other match, at least make the guarantee something at the end of a match. No way you can level up your guns, infuse them, and have any left over weapon parts for your next upgrade by doing only crucible. You're economy is seriously flawed after playing this weeks iron banner.. Just make guarantee rewards, slightly only slightly raise the drop rate on gear(maybe if we are passed 300?), and expand the loot table for iron banner that actually rewards iron banner gear instead of legendary engrams.. What's the point of doing ib if it's pretty much regular crucible, nothing's special to iron banner after the 12th time

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• When I have my 310 supercell equipped with the rest of my gear on my main hunter class which is at a 305 at the moment i definitely feel the difference but I usually solo through the iron banner because most of my friends aren't available to play when I do. I did end up grinding through to level five and had the iron banner sidearm drop for me which is a excellent sidearm and I this morning I ended up ranking to level 5 after a sweaty fought battle after some tiring matches with fellow team mates who didn't want to cap and flags and just wanted to play clash in the iron banner. I hate to admit it but I absolutely loath leaving a fire team because I don't want to be seen as a quitter amongst the community because I love teaching and learning new players in any scenario but if I realize I am going to lose amongst my crew because they're ignorant than I feel persuaded to venture my own path. I love Destiny deej with every fiber of my being and I will continue to support Bungie because you have tremendous potential and I love the universe you created. Like gothalion said there should be a LFG search group within the game instead of leaving the game to search for a group. This would be a fabulous feature within the game and that's just my two cents! To finish this off the iron banner was less laggy, I felt my light level mattered, and I believe true skill prevailed over all which is what it needs to be! Keep up the awesome work and looking forward to Year two Destiny, Sincerely, Mason

Posting in language:

• I'm not really satisfied at all. The loot drops were awful. You guys said your main source of rewards would be drop based. This was a complete joke. The light level was kinda a joke too. 290s should not be able to keep up with a 308.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
    • Uh huh, like anything will actually change lol

Posting in language:

• I am 299 on my highest and I don't feel much of a difference

Posting in language:

• Make it so there's a slight advantage every 10 light.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Wamper95: 10/19/2015 6:00:56 AM
      Sometimes it's fine but I'm seeing more and more lag switching the more the days pass. Few days ago I got an 11.0 and an 14.0 I'd, which is insane for me but now a 3-4 kd is almost impossible. That and I finally got a legendary drop. Two in fact at the same time. I got the mark and ship. The drops start at rank 2 right, I got them at rank 4.

Posting in language:

• Edited by MrSandman93: 10/19/2015 5:43:58 AM
      It does feel different than regular crucible and I did slightly notice the level differences. I'm going in as a 295 guardian and I can tell when I'm under leveled when compared to my opponent by the damage I do with certain weapons. Like my chaperone shotgun, sometimes precision damage is 197 sometimes its 201 which usually means life or death. The game play usually has 1 guy riddled with lag and the drop rates are the worst I've ever seen them. Rank 5 and I've seen a total of 3 drops across my game. A more rewarding experience would certainly go a long way. EDIT: It might just be me but the map rotation could use some work too, I don't mind back to back maps sometimes but I'm getting a little tired of pantheon showing up.

Posting in language:

• Shadowy with flying arrows of darkness. Tethers everywhere it never ended. (Cowers in fetal position while having ptsd thoughts). They just never stopped. NEVER!!!!!

Posting in language:

• Quite a disappointing experience. To some it up. 1) cheaters 2) lag 3) terrible drop rates And level advantages weren't noticeable. Please pass these concerns to the team.

Posting in language:

• The experience is horrible since u guys didn't fix the hunter glitch

Posting in language:

• To me, IB should have cool gear. The only cool thing I saw was the hunter's cloak. The rest of it was ho-hum generic gear with fancy trees painted on them. Does anybody ever put any quality time designing these items? I feel like your design team is lazy. Also, these new maps are just confusing. They didn't seem to be intuitive: Every map had a disjointed flow that didn't contribute to capping zones. Instead, I felt like I was in Clash. Everybody seemed to be running every which way without any type of objective in mind. After a few games, I gave up capping anything and focused on camping at one zone. Even though I thought the maps needed work, how come the PvP maps are infinitely more interesting than the PvE maps? I thought Vertigo would have made a challenging horde-like firefight and Dungeon would have made a great balls to the wall rescue mission. I don't feel your team puts enough imagination into your universe or the quality time developing it into something spectacular. This has been your problem all along. That and the money issue nonsense.

Posting in language:

• The level advantages didn't seem noticeable at all. I bounced between about 295-303 light for the IB, and saw no difference in gameplay. However, almost everyone in IB this round was about 290+. My buddy went in at around 270 and he did just fine, didn't have any trouble.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Lagfest and shotgunfest

Posting in language:

• Edited by Senor Crouch: 10/19/2015 5:20:19 AM
        Maybe? I suppose it seemed okay, seemed like last Iron Banner. But honestly, that was not too big of a concern to me. So let me help you help us by leaving feedback on the subjects of this Iron Banner I was actually concerned about. Edit: I'm such a dork, just realized that this thread was constructed for the very first night of the very first Iron Banner. 1) Lack of that special snowflake feel with the IB weapons. Can't say I was all too enthusiastic about Saladin's line-up...especially since the weapons of the trade are no longer re-rollable. Timur's Lash, Efreet's Spear...now those were Iron Banner weapons. (The Wolfswood Cloak is the ultimate exception. That thing is the coolest Hunter class item EVER! I was like, "Where was this all of year 1?" 10 years from now, we will probably look back on the collection of Hunter cloaks and agree that the Wolfswood Cloak had the coolest design. I played IB this time around EXCLUSIVELY for that cloak. Now it has me wishing there was a Warlock fox hoodie...one can dream.) 2) Exploits and quitting. 3) Seemed to be an annoyingly strong emphasis on the 2 or 3 new maps available. Nothing like a lack of variety. I got Pantheon maybe once. The rest were that Exodus Blue, Vertigo, and that Firebase Phobos stage. Forget the fact that Pantheon, Rusted Lands, Twilight Gap, Firebase Delphi, Blind Watch, Shores of Time, Anomaly, the Cauldron, and the Burning Shrine are also available maps.

Posting in language:

• I enjoyed over all gameplay of iron banner. At times I would wreck n others it was a real challenge. Main issues being hunters glitch n the appalling drop rate. I was very lucky n managed to get the bond-side arm n pulse rifle but for many, not so lucky. Oh n map rotation was pretty lacking as well.

Posting in language:

• I found it to be inconsistent.

Posting in language:

• Freakn horrible grind just for the pulse rifle it'd want to be good , DEEJ aka candice Cameron

Posting in language:

• It was horrible. The drops are not happening, people are still ruining the experience with lag switching and matchmaking is horribly unbalance.

Posting in language:

• Drop rates are horrible deej. Please fix. Past iron banners dropped way way way more gear. Also why isn't there 2 armor pieces available. We don't want to wait 4 months for a full set of armor.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • It felt like there was no reason to play. I was getting more powerful rewards from regular crucible, and dailies. The current meta does not support sidearms. Sidearms are PvE, and would be a weapon that people would only find good in its situation. DeeJ, the biggest problem however, is the relevancy to play Iron Banner. Why isn't there a quest line? It feels like Trials with matchmaking and no lighthouse. Link pvp with PvE, and have no bullshit. We want to know where the iron banner started and ended and why this is even relevant. I want to be in the city, in a past memory my ghost found (or given to by Lord Saladin) and I was able to watch the battle of twilight gap and collect an ancient relic and some ancient iron banner loot that drops at 310.

Posting in language:

• IB is only good on getting some extra marks, that's all. Except few of the PVP experts that also have a lot of time, getting to rank 4 and 5 will take majority of one's play time in the week, and it do not worth a bit. With the same amount of time, you can do a dozen heroics across 3 characters, put some coins and you will have a better chance to get better gears in a greater variety. Exotic start from 290, and legendaries even have chance to be on 300. For IB? You work all the way to rank 5, all you can get are some selected 280 gears with so-so stat and perks, and can be easily replaced. Actually, if you dare to enter IB, you should have multiple 290-300 gears already, which made IB 280 gears totally meaningless. (Unless you are a collector) And for game experience: bad connection, laggers, most likely lag switchers, and cheaters… it is THE WORST game experience in the game. This entire IB mode has never really delivered any good thing except some easy experience, and now some marks. It's the biggest feast for connection problems and scums in the game. It only benefits a small portion of top PVP players and cheaters - by sacrificing more other players, while they can do much more meaningful things in this game. If it's still in year one, I can say that I run out things to do this week so I will do some IB, but for current year two, the only reason to play it is for marks.

Posting in language:

• I ran 1 or 2 matches then realized how worthless the gear was and didn't bother to play it again.

Posting in language:

• Nerf storm caller to... Lol

Posting in language:

• First off, I think gear available to purchase should be higher light level. In the past, Iron Banner gear was able to get any player to max level... I'm having a blast playing, but the rewards are killing me. Rank 5, and I have only received one legendary class item engram. From what I remember, one of the weekly updates stated that game rewards were supposed to be the main source of Iron Banner gear. I have had no such luck. You guys made this game all about gear, and sometimes I ask myself if the juice is worth the squeeze...

Posting in language:

• It was terrible. So bad that after grinding so much for Nirwen's Mercy, I felt like my shift was over and I could finally rest. The rounds were extremely unbalanced. I couldn't tell the difference between the level advantages. I was killing 300+ and vice-versa; I'm 297. The rewards were a complete joke. I mean blue engrams dropping at 30-40 points lower than my average were more insulting than the nightfall rewards that drop now. Maybe create more bounties next time, or offer different types of modes instead of only control. That would help spread the balance a bit more as opposed to bottlenecking everyone into one mode--control. And maybe introduce legendary marks in the loot pool for end-of-round rewards. It doesn't have to be much (e.g. 1, 2, or 3).

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
        You are not allowed to view this content.
        ;
        preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon