JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by Ghost One: 9/15/2014 3:45:05 PM

Still Awaiting Technical Support - Inability to Stay Connected (144 Hours and Counting)

I can't seem to find anywhere on the bungie.net site to send Tech Support an email or anything, so I guess this is it? I've been attempting to play since early September 9th. I got through the Tutorial okay, but once I'd arrived at the Tower for the first time, since then, I constantly get disconnected with error code either lion (8 times out of 10) or bee (2 times out of 10). I get booted back to orbit. Note, all your help "documentation" on the site points towards a problem on MY end of the connection. Please note that I'm running on Xbox One, I have and have always had an OPEN NAT type, the tests and diagnostics I run in the XB1 Network Settings tab all indicate zero problems or issues on my end, and I have no firewall at the router level that is blocking any kind of access to the XB1. Furthermore, I have never had any kind of network issues with any other games, apps, or interfaces. I'd appreciate some information on how to play this game I paid for. Even if it's just a notification that "hey, we're experiencing server issues, please stay tuned and don't bother trying right now". The lack of information is what is aggravating and difficult to rationalize. UPDATE: It's 11:00 AM Saturday morning, September 13th. It's been about 96 hours since I first bought and tried to start playing Destiny. I have yet to surpass level 3 because I can't spend more than 2 minutes (sometimes can't spend more than 30 seconds) in an area before I get booted back to orbit with either a bee or fly error code. I have yet to get any kind of response from bungie technical support about this, I have yet to see any kind of posting anywhere about this... all I keep reading about is how great the launch is going, how great the game is, etc. Well, I'd really like to get in on that. Can I please get some kind of technical support here? As I mention all throughout this thread, the real frustration is not the game's technical challenges, it's the absolute lack of communication from the technical support team. If you would tell me: "The game will be fixed in 5 days, come back then", then, good, I have a timeline to work with, I don't have to keep wasting my time loading the game, picking a destination, loading the map, getting my hopes up as I venture out, only to get disappointed and frustrated all over again when I get booted back to orbit. UPDATE: Still unable to play more than a few minutes without getting kicked back to orbit. Tried my first Strike yesterday; apologies to the four or five different parties of players I got paired with, and then after about 15 seconds of being in the Strike, abandoned as the game kicked me back to orbit. Still awaiting some kind of communication or information about what I'm supposed to do or what work is being done to rectify this situation. UPDATE: Just tried to participate in a Strike. Tried three times in a row. First time I actually managed to make it INTO Devil's Lair, which is a huge improvement. Of course, the -moment- I got there, I got disconnected due to BEE. Tried again. Second attempt, made it in, and actually got through the first encounter with Fallen/Hive! ... aaand then kicked back to orbit for FLY. Tried again. This time, the map loaded, I took perhaps 3 steps, and got kicked back for BEE. Or maybe it was lion. I'm losing track. So I tried to at least go to the Moon and continue the story. Made it through the first two Fallen encounters, and booted to orbit by LION. Tried to at LEAST go to the freaking Tower and maybe pick up some stuff from the shops.. the tower wouldn't even LOAD. Got kicked to orbit before I saw so much as a screen.
English
#Help

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • Edited by LONE RONIN2012: 9/16/2014 4:52:34 PM
    One would think that if you make a game that is 'Always On' and you have to be always connected to a server to actually play the game that they would have paid more attention to the details of server connectivity, then the texture of the grass and lighting. Until the update today I was only disconnecting 3-4 times in 12 hours, tolerable, but now after the update today I am disconnecting 12 times in 1 hour. I have seen, bee, fly, caterpillar, centipede, lion, flatworm, heron, etc. Really enough to make my own zoo, and each as insulting as the rest since if the problem was my PS3 then GTA, BF, MOH, and COD would not hold a connection as well. This is the only game that can't hold a connection to the servers, and has as of today became near completely unplayable getting constantly disconnected. I think the most I got was about 30 minutes of uninterrupted play time before kicked back into orbit, or completely logged out. Updates are supposed to improve quality, not make it worse. The success of this game depends on if players can hold a connection and play the game, word of mouth can kill it before it even starts, and as a lot of people are coming off issues with BF and tolerance levels are low. I mean seriously I am literally getting most times less then 1 minute of game play before I am disconnected from the server. No game I have ever played has had this problem to it, and the fact that it is happening shows a complete negligence to the quality of the game. I can't in my right mind tell my friends to buy this, many of whom were until I told them about the disconnection issues.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon