JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by Venomous47: 8/23/2014 5:09:49 AM

I am so confused about this and need help understanding?

[quote]When it is September 9th somewhere in the world, and you have access to your very own version of Destiny, it will be time for you to create a character that will keep you company for a good, long time. Retailers will stick to time-zones. Our servers won’t know the difference. [b]Retailers will break street date. Our servers won’t.[/b][/quote] Could Deej have made that anymore confusing sounding? At first he makes it sound like you can play when it hits midnight at your time zone, But then he words it like you will be able to get the game [b]but not[/b] play it until 12am pst? Deej makes my head hurt with how he answers any question he is asked (-(-(-_(-_-)_-)-)

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

View Entire Topic
  • The way he worded it makes me think that the instant it becomes September 9th at the International Date Line the servers will go live and you'll be able to play the game. However, when midnight hits at the international date line, it will only be 7pm central time in the US. This means that you won't have the game yet since retailers can't give it out until 12am. The bit about breaking street date sounds like even if you get the game two days in advance you won't be able to play until it is September 9th somewhere in the world. So this makes me think that if you live in the central time zone and you can manage to get the game early, the earliest you can start playing would be 7pm on September 8th. I could be totally wrong about all of this though.

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.