JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by SefTheGreat: 8/23/2014 12:49:39 AM

Sooo the level cap is....

Based on a interview with Bungie yesterday. It has been said the level cap is 30. [b]How do yall feel about that? And how long do you think it will take you to reach it?[/b] Update: I thought it was common knowledge that the soft level cap is 20, I was wrong. So to clarify soft level cap is 20 and a max level of 30. Check the article [url=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-21-bungie-on-the-destiny-level-cap-raids-and-game-size]here[/url]
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I heard the level cap was lvl 20?
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

3 Replies
    • You will only level to 20 but after 20 your level depends on gear, 30 being the highest you can get.
      Add more answer options

4 Replies
      • No, the level cap is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
        Add more answer options

• At first it was 20 but apparently now its 30
        Add more answer options

3 Replies
          Nashtalia
          Nashtalia

invite only - old

no feels
          Add more answer options

11 Replies
          • It will probably take a while since you have to balance your gear's light stat with other stat bonuses that you want.
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • Hopefully soon because the game doesn't really start till you reach it. It will probably take me a month or so considering I have zero intention of rushing. It might take me a week just to do Old Russia again playing 10 hours a day.
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              • Soft level cap is 20, you get to level 30 through motes of light. You're welcome, readers.
                Add more answer options

6 Replies
                • "Sooo the level cap is..." a freaking number that doesn't mean much of anything because the game does not revolve around the level of your character as much as it does the gear you will be using.
                  Add more answer options

15 Replies
                  • I bet the level cap will increase as more games and DLC are released
                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                    • Edited by DTH: 8/22/2014 9:33:56 PM
                      Well my level cap is 90. The reason I say that is, I will play all 3 classes. I want to unlock all there is to unlock for each one, including sub classes. I'm fine with level 30 being the cap, if it was any higher you would be focusing entirely too much on one class.
                      Add more answer options

3 Replies
                      • The only reason we need to level is so we can get higher level gear. So besides that it wouldn't even matter if there weren't any levels.
                        Add more answer options

6 Replies
                        • I thought notes of light were rewarded for continuing to get xp after hitting 20 and then the light stat on ur gear leveled you up past 20
                          Add more answer options

1 Reply
                          • I think it's such bullshit, there's not gonna be as much content as their hyping up, I guarantee it.
                            Add more answer options

6 Replies
                            • Not motes of light. It is actually the light stat that you get on armor that will raise your level beyond the soft cap of 20.
                              Add more answer options

26 Replies
                              • Edited by TheChewyness: 8/22/2014 10:20:50 PM
                                Nodes of light don't contribute to level, they are a currency. You are awarded with them upon leveling past level 20, you need armor with light to increase your actual level.
                                Add more answer options

8 Replies
                                • Careful wording there. I doubt motes of light are going to get you to level 30, as it's a currency. Light stat on gear is actually what changes your level. We saw gear in beta that you only payed marks for that had the Light stat on them, didn't cost motes of light.
                                  Add more answer options

8 Replies
                                  • The hard level cap is lv20 while the highest soft level cap we have seen so far is lv29 while we did hear it mentioned a 31-32. The soft level cap is increased with gear with LIGHT on it. Collecting enough light will increase your level higher then the hard cap.
                                    Add more answer options

11 Replies
                                      CrunchyBoi23
                                      CrunchyBoi23

Enough dirt on you to murder you. - old

Such a step down from Reach's cR ranking system.
                                      Add more answer options

17 Replies
                                      • it's the same as vanilla Fallout 3 so it's just fine by me and I can almost certainly assure you that they will raise that with dlcs.
                                        Add more answer options

Dragonrider4501
                                        Dragonrider4501

Thorny Guardian Admin! Join Us! - old

Probably a weekend with get me to level 30
                                        Add more answer options

13 Replies
                                        • Im sure they will up the level cap with each expansion also
                                          Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                          • Edited by Night: 8/22/2014 10:46:12 PM
                                            It's better than the hipster level 100. But the leveling will be a lot harder than Clash of Clans, won't it? :(
                                            Add more answer options

• 30 only sounds low because we think in base 10. The number is almost meaningless. What if they included fractional level armor and only went to level 5? Would that be different than having 100 levels? Why not level to a million! It doesn't make a difference what the number is.
                                            Add more answer options

• Edited by xTropicalEskimo: 8/22/2014 10:48:42 PM
                                            xTropicalEskimo
                                            xTropicalEskimo

ded nsyd - old

Dosn't that mean we only get 10 Motes of Light!?!?!?
                                            Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                            • I couldn't be happier. Most people don't seem to realize that destiny is focused more on horizontal progression. I like knowing that at level 20 all gear I get can be used. That way I can focus on maxing out different sets if gear
                                              Add more answer options

1 2 3 4 5
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon
                                            You are not allowed to view this content.