JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by linkdude64: 8/18/2014 9:54:05 PM

Eat it, 343! Destiny wins Gamescom People's Choice Award!

The hype is real! Less than a month to go!
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Not surprised. Bungie has a game they have had in the works for 10 years. and 343 has a game bungie finished 10 years ago!
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

2 Replies
    • Edited by bravebreaker: 8/20/2014 12:49:14 AM
      Lol I'm not the least bit surprised. Being excited for a game like Halo is like being excited for Diablo, Unreal, or Counter-Strike. They're old games. It's time for the new! I think Microsoft is delusional if they think Halo is going to be as big or bigger. They need to just start a new IP IMO. Haha
      Add more answer options

• i was hyped for destiny until i saw all this halo stuff than im all like, Destiny who?. but im more hyped for halo MCC and Evolve and sunset overdrive. my 3 top hyped games, and to continue... dying light, witcher 3 ,minecraft xbox one, and destiny , its not going to have enough content on xbox one to live the hype on playstaion
      Add more answer options

• Destiny is the worlds most costly game ever, of course it's going to win gamescom!
      Add more answer options

• Lol this game is hyped to no tomorrow. Half the features people think are in aren't. Not everyone lives on the forums
      Add more answer options

Xboxdotcom
      Xboxdotcom

You don't choose to become legend - old

Lol the game hasn't even came out yet
      Add more answer options

• 343 definitely dropped the ball compared to most of the halo series. If you disagree google " why did halo 4 fail " many articles about it and statistical data. Hopefully with halo 5 they learned from the previous mistakes and it turns out awesome.
      Add more answer options

6 Replies
      • I thought evolve won
        Add more answer options

• That is an IGN award LOL. IGN is partnered with bungie and got exclusive videos and access. Why wouldn't IGN themselves award bungie with "Best game" Lol.
        Add more answer options

2 Replies
        • I knew it!! Destiny is my Destiny :D
          Add more answer options

• How was 343, a company that's devoted to one console, supposed to beat a four console giant? Also, if you really expected Halo to win, you aren't too bright.
          Add more answer options

3 Replies
          • Edited by Mandingo: 8/19/2014 7:03:02 PM
            Throwing misleading information all over the place, abusing the wrong exclusive when it isn't an exclusive since it is TIMED / Also on PC / 1 Year later on Playstation and better with all DLC free. XFlop: One Game One Console Go Go Destiny / Bungie / Sony
            Add more answer options

2 Replies
            • That is an IGN award. destiny did not win anything this year at gamescon http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/presse/presseinformationen/gc_pressinformationen.php?aktion=pfach&p1id=kmpresse_gamescom_e&format=html&base=&tp=k3context&search=&pmid=kmeigen.kmpresse_1408197398&start=0&anzahl=10&channel=kmeigen&language=e&archiv=
              Add more answer options

• For a new IP that only gave you a taste with the Alpha and Beta that is not even released yet, that is a huge win for Bungie and gamers. Hopefully other studios will not be sacred to release something new in fear of losing profits. If I made a new IP and it hit the top 10, man I would tremendously shocked and awe as well.
              Add more answer options

• Halo will never win against a miltiplatform game I don't know why people compare miltiplatform to single platform if destiny was only available to the xbox one or ps4 then you can compare them
              Add more answer options

• Not really . I mean they only got 22% of the votes. That means 78% of voters didn't think Destiny should win.
              Add more answer options

4 Replies
              • Yea... Cause 343 is just polishing Bungies past accomplishments and putting them on next gen to sell hardware which is currently collecting dust on shelves world wide.
                Add more answer options

34 Replies
                • i am not even going to pretend. i by both console's and play & enjoy all of them some more than other's that's personal preference let's all enjoy. just being BRUTALLY HONEST
                  Add more answer options

• In reality this is likely part of the cost to get that exclusive content in July. I mean I agree with it I just don't think it anything to brag about.
                  Add more answer options

1 Reply
                  • They won best multiplayer too.
                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                    • Edited by Hellekeen: 8/18/2014 9:51:51 PM
                      *g* ANYONE of you heard about "DayZ" ? well here it is http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/27/the-winner-of-igns-peoples-choice-award-of-gamescom-2013-is the winner of the Peoples choices award 2013.. seriously NEVAR heard of this game.. anywhere
                      Add more answer options

16 Replies
                      • #cantwealljustgetalong halo and destiny are both great! But as far as peoples choice destiny has my vote becuase halo 5 isn't out yet
                        Add more answer options

1 Reply
                        • If you spent the kind of money on marketing and advertising that activision has for destiny your game better win people's choice. I mean it can be a mediocre game (destiny) or a fantastic game as long as those marketing dollars get you what you paid for.
                          Add more answer options

• Is this a surprise? New vs Old. New wins every time.
                          Add more answer options

• DESTINYYYYYYYY FOR LIFE
                          Add more answer options

1 Reply
                            Xboxdotcom
                            Xboxdotcom

You don't choose to become legend - old

Lol destiny comes out on all consoles.[spoiler]this is why I Don't like Sony ponies[/spoiler]
                            Add more answer options

7 Replies
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            You are not allowed to view this content.