JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by Xzyler: 8/15/2014 7:38:08 PM
Xzyler

Hand Cannon is Getting Buffed

Eric Osborn was just live with IGN from Gamescom and confirmed that the Hand Cannon (and Pulse Rifle, but who cares) are getting a buff. He said they weren't as powerful as they want, and that people were too drawn to the auto rifle, so they are getting a buff. I am pretty excited, as the hand cannon appeals to me on many levels, but almost all that found were not worth using over the auto rifle. Edit: Here is the link:[url] http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/08/15/destiny-a-peek-into-competitive-multiplayer-ign-live-gamescom-2014 [/url] As you can see from the comments, the interviewer was horrible, but stick with it.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• The Twilight Gap? Is that Kirsten Stewarts arse?
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote](and Pulse Rifle, but who cares) [/quote] But I care...
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
    • Sweet. I loved the hand cannon in the beta, made me feel like a space cowboy.
      Add more answer options

11 Replies
      • Hand Cannons will always get The Last Word. [spoiler]BAHAHAHAHAHA! That gun's name is so friggin' awesome![/spoiler]
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • This pleases me. I always thought the Hand Cannons looked really cool and sounded powerful when fired but sadly their performance was lackluster. I am very happy they are buffing them and I am curious as to what they are doing to make them better. Like some one has said already, Hand Cannons (especially when I am a Hunter) makes me feel like a space cowboy. HI-HO SPARROW, AWAY!!
          Add more answer options

• I'm very excited about this
          Add more answer options

• I don't mind the Buff for hand cannon at all, It makes it easier to not be biased to a single type of gun. I just hope they don't nerf auto rifles or scout rifles.
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • This makes me so happy to see because near the end of the beta I realized that I really enjoy handcannons more than anything. It takes more skill, it's more fun, and every shot needs to matter.
            Add more answer options

• Brilliant, just what the doctor ordered :)
            Add more answer options

• Thank goodness for the boost on the pulse rifle, those things were so useless.
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • If all the pulse rifles are being buffed, some with the full auto upgrade will be pretty intense.
              Add more answer options

3 Replies
              • I'm happy about this because I LOVE using hand cannons
                Add more answer options

• All the hand cannon needs is a boost to reload. 90% of my Hunters deaths in the beta were while I was reloading
                Add more answer options

6 Replies
                • Great news, maybe I'll think twice before dismantling hand cannons now.
                  Add more answer options

• Cool I saw some HC on the wiki not sure if it was legendary or exotic, but it looked like a mix between a .44 magnum and a desert eagle. I thought it was sick.
                  Add more answer options

1 Reply
                  • I think I might use the hand cannon now.
                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                    • 700 years in the future revolvers are still cool
                      Add more answer options

1 Reply
                      • Reloads need to be cut in half and damage increased.
                        Add more answer options

1 Reply
                        • Ahh this is music to my ears
                          Add more answer options

• If the hand cannon gets a pve buff im going to be a beast
                          Add more answer options

1 Reply
                          • Awesome! The scout rifle is still gonna be my weapon of choice, but I would love an awesome (and actually effective) hand cannon as another option.
                            Add more answer options

• Thank goodness! I enjoyed using the hand cannon in the beta but I was usually out beaten when they pulled out their auto rifle. Also, I got a pretty good pulse rifle but it sucked compared to everything else! So happy day!
                            Add more answer options

1 Reply
                            • Edited by FlyingSnake3: 8/17/2014 7:37:07 PM
                              [quote]I am pretty excited, as the hand cannon appeals to me on many levels, but almost all that found were not worth using over the auto rifle[/quote] Same here, man, same here. Although I used a Scout Rifle with 51 attack damage and then sometimes I'd switch to my Hand Cannon with the same attck damage just to mix things up. But I really like the Hand Cannon (especially in the Crucible).
                              Add more answer options

• Pulse rifle doesnt need a buff
                              Add more answer options

1 Reply
                              • The hand cannon was pretty good in pve... i loved mine but accepted that it sucked for pvp. Wasnt a big deal tho. Just switched to the full auto when in crucible
                                Add more answer options

• Edited by sjoerd337: 8/17/2014 4:56:39 PM
                                Thank god you told this, i love HC but it was a litlle bit underpowerd in my opinion Edit: I cant watch the video, can somebody pleas say what they say in it?
                                Add more answer options

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              You are not allowed to view this content.