JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

Edited by FoMan123: 8/14/2014 10:12:58 PM

How to spot a troll on the Destiny forum

There are some truly obvious ways to spot a forum troll. 1. They use politically heated topics as content for "debate". 2. They rarely back up their arguments with little more than an answer of why, or they often report posts. 3. They turn to stone in sunlight. 4. They desire to be fed a tremendous amount of negative attention. 5. They live under bridges and demand an atrocious toll for crossing. 6. They usually hate Billy Goats, and Dwarves. 7. They make outrageous arguments (if one can actually be formed, it's possibly a higher breed of troll) about ridiculous things that a game should include. Again political topics or controversial topics are usually favored, as they draw the most attention. 8. They are easily offended. 9. They are often times very bad at grammar and spelling, though more intelligent trolls have been spotted before. 10. There have been reports that some are even worshipping Rick Astley and Edward Khil. 11. Console war advocates... enough said. 12. Trolls are also known to live in their parents' basement, though certain ones have been seen in groups, which together rent their own domain. 13. Can usually be spotted starting threads with the format, "I am _______ and I play Destiny." 14. Accuses those providing informative, inquisitive, or otherwise helpful posts of trolling. 15. Inability to accept factual or cited information. (Wikipedia and other sites of the like do not count) Please leave any more tips for the recreational troll watchers here, so as a forum, we can all easily spot them and give room. Remember, [b]DON'T FEED THE TROLLS![/b]
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• You don't even need to spot them. Just click on any thread in #destiny.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

4 Replies
    • When I read #7 I instantly think "A wild level 3 troll appears!" Good post, do like. Kilo Juliett is kinda right, though...
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • Edited by FROST725: 8/18/2014 11:26:15 PM
        Not going to lie this made me laugh my ass off
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • Trolls will often announce that they are trolling, to eradicate any confusion in the given situation, and help people understand the difference between thier jokes and actual facts.
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • Edited by Majablot1224: 8/17/2014 2:22:34 AM
            Now we know. I will use these always thank u also lol this was good and so true XD love this topic
            Add more answer options

• Spotted any recently? Let us know. #trollwatchers
            Add more answer options

• we don't need 15 steps to spot a troll. just find a topic, and you've found a troll.
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • It should be obvious.
              Add more answer options

• So avoid the #Destiny forums like the plague until the game drops?
              Add more answer options

2 Replies
              • °__________• is a troll I think
                Add more answer options

3 Replies
                • Yea I got slaughtered cuz I let my temper get the best of me. I had people talking trash about my kids!
                  Add more answer options

• Lol.
                  Add more answer options

• We have needed something like this for a long time.
                  Add more answer options

1 Reply
                  • Have you seen one lately?
                    Add more answer options

3 Replies
                    • Edited by Failure4Life: 8/16/2014 5:50:13 PM
                      [quote]they often report posts.[/quote]If anyone crosses the line I do that... ._.
                      Add more answer options

• trolls are an important part of the community. With the recent mutation to binary-gustatory receptors, bullshit is perceived in a way you could not understand. Don't feed us, we are already full
                      Add more answer options

1 Reply
                      • Source?
                        Add more answer options

1 Reply
                        • Edited by High Charity: 8/15/2014 4:35:10 PM
                          High Charity
                          High Charity

Professional Shitposter - old

You must be new here.
                          Add more answer options

3 Replies
                          • Shut up
                            Add more answer options

1 Reply
                            • Isn't everyone a troll on b.net?
                              Add more answer options

1 Reply
                              • Aww but we are hungry
                                Add more answer options

18 Replies
                                • Moved to #Community. The #Destiny forum is really for threads about Destiny itself. Thanks!
                                  Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                  • Troll is sad, troll want women but women give troll no meat. Troll beat meat instead........
                                    Add more answer options

3 Replies
                                    • Are you referring to the "sexuality" post?
                                      Add more answer options

4 Replies
                                      • 5,6,9 are the most important
                                        Add more answer options

4 Replies
                                        • But...
                                          Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                          preload icon
                                          preload icon
                                          preload icon
                                          You are not allowed to view this content.