JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

Edited by dazarobbo: 8/12/2014 6:36:10 AM

R.I.P. Robin Williams.

I know this isn't about Destiny. But today is such a tragic day. I'm sure most of you know by now. If not, Robin Williams was found dead this morning. So hard to believe. He was in alot of my childhood. He will forever be loved and remembered.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• RIP in peace
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• He supposedly committed suicide. Nothing sad about it. And he wasn't all that funny
    Add more answer options

19 Replies
    • Edited by smerkaholic: 8/12/2014 4:21:10 AM
      R.I.P Mike Brown- unarmed 18 year old from Ferguson Missouri shot 10 times and killed by a cop while his arms were raised in the air. He asked the officer to please not kill him and then the officer shot him in the head and several more times in the body
      Add more answer options

48 Replies
      • Even though this is the #OffTopic section of these forums, still puts "I know this isn't about Destiny". I don't think anything I've seen put in this section was ever about Destiny.
        Add more answer options

• Why couldn't it have been Adam Sandler?!
        Add more answer options

7 Replies
        • Hits me hard anytime I see his name with a RIP behind it. You're free, Genie.
          Add more answer options

• Wait he is dead. I've been in the woods for 2 weeks. What the hell happened
          Add more answer options

2 Replies
          • ;(
            Add more answer options

Its frustrating to see all social media alive with praise for him posthumously. If people showed that kind of love every day, perhaps he would have never resorted to suicide (if indeed it was suicide). What I'm trying to say is, spread warm thoughts to everyone as often as possible because you never know who is struggling. Rip Robin Williams.
            Add more answer options

7 Replies
            • The day the Laughter Died.
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              • Dont fear death it just means dreaming in silence. A dream that lasts for eternity.
                Add more answer options

3 Replies
                • "suicide is a permenant solution to a temporary problem" -Robin Williams RIP
                  Add more answer options

• Is it just me or is it that extreme talent is often linked with extreme personalities? Robin was a flawed genius that carried so much laughter and heart wrenching sadness in his characters. Patch Adams, World According to Garp, Good Morning Vietnam, the list goes on and on... It's such a shame that his inspiration for these characters was born from his own depression. His talent was a gift to this world and he filled it with true laughter that we can identify with. Even if that laughter was often born from sadness and pain. R.I.P. Robin. I'm going to miss you.
                  Add more answer options

4 Replies
                  • I'm so saddened when I heard about it. But it pissed me off that he resorted to Suicide, wasn't expecting him to go out like that. R.I.P Robin
                    Add more answer options

• No one will understand the importance of Robin Williams existence better all of us who grew up with him. Ferngully, Ms. Doubtfire.....-u kno what...don't get me started. First time for me.. giving the news any attention. I wouldn't be who I was today..if it wasn't for him. I love and miss him very much. Ill see you again cuz...Ill see you again someday.
                    Add more answer options

• A sad day indeed. He was one of my favorites. He will be missed.
                    Add more answer options

• A man goes to the Doctor and tells him he is depressed and feels lonely and anxious: 'The Circus is in town, go see the Great Clown - he will make you laugh and feel much better' 'But Doctor - I am the Clown.' RIP
                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                    • I would give him a Viking funeral, you know, set a Drakkar on fire whilst singing a celtic funeral chant and bagpipes in the background. That's how I want to go.
                      Add more answer options

• 1st off don't mention Destiny in OffTopic cause this isn't Destiny.
                      Add more answer options

6 Replies
                      • R.I.P
                        Add more answer options

• All men must die
                        Add more answer options

1 Reply
                        • When I read the title of this post I thought; "Not a very funny Troll.". Now...I am just saddened. He was an avid gamer. And, I truly wish I could have had him on my fireteam. Good Hunting Guardian Williams!
                          Add more answer options

1 Reply
                          • Too bad he's going to hell for suicide.
                            Add more answer options

• [quote]Who?[/quote]
                            Add more answer options

• I would also like to add my voice of condolence. Mork and Mindy was one of the first things I would watch with any regularity as a kid. He was a rare talent capable of producing breath taking performances such as in dead poets or fisher king and still showing a raw and accurate razor wit in his standups will be missed. Also I know we shouldn't be surprised but wow some of the posts on here. You guys certainly show a level of maturity that brings new lows to the internet!
                            Add more answer options

2 Replies
                            • These replies really tell a lot about a gaming community. Y'all are scumbags, show some respect and learn when and where is the right time to troll.
                              Add more answer options

preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            You are not allowed to view this content.