JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Feedback

Feedback and suggestions for Destiny.

Edited by straight8comm: 8/1/2014 5:54:33 AM

does destiny seem a bit lackluster to make it ten years?

yes

no

There seems to be a lot of things that could be added. The types of thing that most studios already know Bungie especially.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Like what exactly
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

2 Replies
    • Lackluster based on what exactly? A content limited alpha/beta and some short videos on a website?
      Add more answer options

16 Replies
      • I think we will have to wait and see. For the type of game it is, split screen doesn't make sense. It would be nice and likely it's doable but I understand how bungie could come to such a conclusion. IMO we can't hold that against them. 2 and 3 is the same, at least can be lumped together as communication, and they are reevaluating there stand on those. And 4, yeah "we will have to wait and see".
        Add more answer options

7 Replies
        • By no means is this game deserving a 10 because there are many problems with the game if I had to rate the beta if give it a 7.5 The final game will probably be closer to an 8 or 9 if it steps it's game up in the later missions , strikes and pvp
          Add more answer options

8 Replies
          • Edited by KitKatKiller: 8/1/2014 8:14:49 AM
            I can't vote on this. Till I get a chance to play the full game. I'm thinking they left out tons of stuff on the beta. Only time will tell now!
            Add more answer options

5 Replies
            • the contract was $500 million to spend over the next 10 years on 4 major releases each with at least 2 expansions, so no, it doesnt seem lack luster, this is only the beginning, also, we've only played the beta, not the full game, so even then you can't really even judge what the full game will be yet
              Add more answer options

• Ya gotta give it a chance since even with the beta problems being hammered out (or not) they have followups coming and they could do like Mass Effect and get a chance to improve (even if Mass Effect 1 was the best and 2 was the worst, 3 managed to level off) as well as the fact that Bungie has a track record of improving what they already know. This is a whole new thing for them and once they get going it may vastly improve.
              Add more answer options

• I dont think there is enough content to keep the PvE part going for that long. Pvp might be different, I noticed many fans of that kind of gameplay actually prefer things to remain pretty static.
              Add more answer options

34 Replies
              • 1. No. 2. This game is only the FIRST of what is likely going to be FOUR games with possibly EIGHT expansion packs that Bungie plans on delivering over the next ten years. IOW, this is the FIRST CHAPTER in a long tale...and you don't show and tell your audience everything in the first chapter. 3. Bungie is trying to create a space that will endure for ten years....and has to take steps to reduce the mischief and chaos that the crazies, kiddies, and bullies can create when given anonymity in a situation like this. In time, Bungie will find the right balance between freedom for the positive people...and limits on those who want to cause trouble.
                Add more answer options

1 Reply
                • Too Human a game made by Silicon Knights took 10 years to develop and it was incredibly mediocre and barely playable. This is highly playable, develop time doesn't effect quality it only builds hype to let people down. You should be surprised destiny is this good. Here's a free example Duke nukem forever, took 10 years.
                  Add more answer options

16 Replies
                  • This won't be the only Destiny game. Bungie is reportedly making four of them.
                    Add more answer options

• Yeah 10 yrs encompasses at least 3 to 4 games. Per Bungie.
                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                    • It's 10 years of the Destiny franchise like Halo. Plus with an online only game stuff can be added pretty quick in the form of updates not to mention the expansions that will add new life to it
                      Add more answer options

• Its next gen and I am expecting more from Destiny. I hope for Bungie to bring all they got on this game/world.
                      Add more answer options

• Nah. I feel it's a good base to build off of. It's fun and the mechanics are smooth and the lore is very interesting. Once Destiny is free from the shackles of last-gen, it'll get better.
                      Add more answer options

• Just like the Halo series 1-3 it will get better and better
                      Add more answer options

14 Replies
                      • Edited by Spidey: 8/4/2014 8:40:20 AM
                        This game will only get sequels if the first game is a success in the eyes of Activision and their investors for this project. Nothing(!) for this games future is guaranteed when Destiny "flops".
                        Add more answer options

2 Replies
                        • So far but we don't have much! I just fear everything worth luster will come in the form of costly DLCs not actually the game itself.
                          Add more answer options

• [quote]There seems to be a lot of things that could be added.[/quote] Over ten years, yes.
                          Add more answer options

• It's called dlc...
                          Add more answer options

• Yes it does seem lack luster. All PvE modes modes all play about the same so gets very monotonous for game play. Then Bungie excluded about 80% of its player base from end game content (The Raid) so the whole purpose of continuing after the story seems pointless. I have to assume the majority of players, since they don't have end game content to shoot for, will stop playing Destiny after the story and maybe remove it from consideration for future gameplay. I certainly wouldn't consider buying expansion modules at this point. Will have to see how this one plays out. Very curious to read the comments around here by November.
                          Add more answer options

11 Replies
                          • Things are likely to get added, so I feel that it could easily survive 10 years
                            Add more answer options

• Ten year [b][i][u]FRANCHISE[/u][/i][/b]. Not a 10 year game. There's supposed to be 4 games total
                            Add more answer options

• Oh so popular CoD franchise "gone modern /futuristic" is on year 7. Not that I am saying much. I know it was popular before 4 but then it went hugely popular.
                            Add more answer options

• They'll take what they learn from destiny and make the next game better thus keeping the franchise alive, hopefully.
                            Add more answer options

• 10 year franchise =/= 10 years of the same game.
                            Add more answer options

7 Replies
                            1 2
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            You are not allowed to view this content.