JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Feedback

Feedback and suggestions for Destiny.

Edited by OnionRing27: 7/30/2014 1:40:29 PM

Throwing Knife a little underpowered

With a game like Destiny where their are so many great and fantastic ways to kill things, I feel hesitant to call anything overpowered and have been rather disdainful of those who throw OP around like it is a magic word. That being said, during the Beta I noticed in PVP that shotguns (and possibly fusion rifles?) could one hit kill someone while my throwing knife could not, even with a precision throw to the face. It is a little irritating to find that a class ability is inferior to a common shotgun even when thrown at an opponents head. I feel that if the Throwing Knife damage was increased to be comparable when making a presicion strike, that this would make make the ability a little more balanced in comparison to other subclass abilities and weapons. While I have no qualms with whatever you decide to do, This was the only suggestion about the game, power wise, that I had. Considering that you guys already stated that the interceptor is already being worked on, I feel that everything else is pretty balanced and can't wait to see the final product. Thanks Bungie! EDIT: HYPERSILVER7 has mentioned a valid point that counters my suggestion and I no longer feel that the Throwing Knife Class Ability is underpowered. Please see his comments for further details. I formally retract my suggestion.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• It took me a cpl days but I figured out the best use for my throwing knife was after already being engaged in a fire fight. Pop a few rounds in em first and the throwing knife is essentially the hunters get outta jail free card.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Good edit, I think once you can get insta cool down and burn damage it will be crazy powerful
    Add more answer options

2 Replies
    • I agree! Simply because it the hardest one to use!
      Add more answer options

• Ranged melee attack in not op. I have killed several people who where not even low on health with a wellplaced knife to the head.
      Add more answer options

2 Replies
      • Gotta disagree if I throw and hit in the face they died. If I hit anywhere else the shield would be gone with a portion of health. Further u could throw ur knife immediately after firing which made it even better. This was great up close with a shotgun as it bypassed the chambering phase after firing which made it almost a guaranteed kill. (Unless ur aim was off)
        Add more answer options

• Edited by NEXtX3N: 7/30/2014 3:35:24 PM
        Anecdotal evidence, but for me it was fine. If my knife hit, it was a near guaranteed kill. I have some awesome footage of an (intended) knife headshot when I was double jumping and the guy was hiding behind cover. So satisfying. One-shot body kills? Definitely not.
        Add more answer options

• Edited by Lucky Joel: 7/30/2014 3:25:00 PM
        One-two punch. Punch and then throw. Not entirely underpowered.
        Add more answer options

• I think a headshot with the throwing knife is only when it should be one hit kill otherwise like half damage or something.
        Add more answer options

• My throwing knife always got 2x the damage on weak spots then my weapons... Not sure why
        Add more answer options

• I agree, but only PvE should actually be buffed up. So many people would complain if the throwing knife was 1 hit kill in PvP
        Add more answer options

2 Replies
        • "Weapons that require green ammo do significantly more damage then my melee attack." #workingasintended
          Add more answer options

3 Replies
          • Whenever my throwing knife hit, it either did massive damage or killed the enemy.
            Add more answer options

6 Replies
            • Isn't just a ranged melee attack? That's not bad.
              Add more answer options

• the warlocks power drain, and the titans punch are not one hit KOs. so whys should the throwing knife be?
              Add more answer options

preload icon
            preload icon
            preload icon
            You are not allowed to view this content.