JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Pardon our dust! We are pushing a patch live today. Players will be required to log in to Destiny again after returning to the title screen to install the patch. You should not be removed from any activities you are currently in.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

7/27/2014 9:55:16 PM

SPACESHIPS

During the beta, I bought more spaceships than I needed. I don't know why I just saw a spaceship and was all "ooh fancy looking spaceship!" Then bought it. However, no matter how many spaceships I bought, none did anything other than purely look cool. So, I have a preposition! I think that if when traveling between planets, sometimes you and your fire team would randomly be thrown into a space battle similar to something like Starfox. This means you'd travel on a rail path where you can move around and barrel roll and things like that. The main game I thought of when thinking about this idea was Ratchet and Clank: Toold of Destruction. The space battles are random (I believe) and happen when you are traveling to a different planet. You fly around the planet and destroy little ships as you go, fighting a mini boss at the end. For Destiny I feel like the mini boss would be a bit out of place. I also realized another problem with this, however. Destiny is a game that focuses on [i]exploration.[/i] Therefore a rail path where you can't choose where you go could upset some players. An alternative could be a space fight similar to the level in Halo: Reach, where you can freely control a spaceship with in the confines of the battlefield. Plus I feel like that would be easier for Bungie, since they made Halo: Reach and wouldn't need to reprogram much. Please leave thoughts in the comments, I wanna hear what you think about these ideas!
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• More like a gummi ship from kingdom hearts! So we can build and customize our ships to battle the onslaught of the darkness! ... Wait, that's what they [b]DO[/b] in kingdom hearts ... K
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I agree but don't expect space battle until their second game.
    Add more answer options

• I was thinking the exact same as well. I really want to have some space fights like dog fights and stuff... I mean.. Your ship has cannons and stuff on it but all you do is take 5 minutes to travel to the tower or w/e lol... Nothin special to do with them other than travel :(
    Add more answer options

2 Replies
      Salty Ninjas
      Salty Ninjas

Month ban, lol. - old

I really do hope that there are space battles.
      Add more answer options

preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon
    You are not allowed to view this content.