JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Feedback

Feedback and suggestions for Destiny.

7/25/2014 11:58:13 PM

Trading or simply giving friends items

So I found a few items (gear or weapons) which I had no use for because I'm not a fan of those weapons or the gear was to low level and I had a friend who could have use those weapons and gear but I was unable to give it to him. Can we please get a trade system or just a way to give your friends gear and weapons. I'd rather see a friend get my rare sniper than discard it. Please like if you agree and hopefully Bungie will see this and make it happen, thanks to everyone who does like and comment. and if you disagree... well than you can just leave, lol. no please leave a comment saying why you think this is not a good idea
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I don't think there should be a trading system at all. I think the game was designed around the fact that you go out there and earn your own equipment. Plus, getting something you don't want keeps you playing, making that item you have been waiting for, when it is earned, that much sweeter. It's just the luck of the draw, and to me that is part of what will make Destiny special.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I'd love to have trading but if Bungie has taken notes from Diablo 3. Doesn't seem likely seeing what's happened there, trading overall and failure of auction house systems
    Add more answer options

• I laughed because a friend and I went on Strike and he got the Scout Rifle I wanted and I got the Auto Cannon he was looking for. The outcome.... I have to keep playing the game. And when I do find that Scout rifle it will be all the sweeter because I earned it.
    Add more answer options

• The ability to just drop items might work to allow players to 'exchange' items or give them to a friend and potentially avoid bots and a sub market for loot.
    Add more answer options

• I think this should happen, there have been times when my friend got two of a really good gun and it was just annoying. We were the same level and everything was maxed out beside that gun.
    Add more answer options

• Good intentions aside, this would create a poor environment, boots would show up, you would become riddled with messages of buying their glimmer or whatever else on ebay. If you haven't played a game whee this has happened, then you won't get it, but trust us that have. No trade system is worth it.
    Add more answer options

• No! No no no no no! Bad idea! I just think it doesn't feel right like why would you give someone your good weapon that you worked all day for and then end up losing it to your friend. We deserved this loot and it shouldn't be taken away or traded!
    Add more answer options

3 Replies
    • I've always been for open market in online games but it would be nice to finally play one without pay to win and bots and bs
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • Vault them and build a twink (overpowered lower level character).
        Add more answer options

• -1 Hell no, lets just make this diablo 3. Where you don't have to work for anything. Everyone should have to work for their gear.
        Add more answer options

• Maybe if you could only trade with your friends..maybe >.> <.< >.>
        Add more answer options

• No, I like the way it is. It makes people earn it, and prevents an underground trading market from appearing. People will start paying real money for some rare item. Some will be more concerned with trading than playing the game. They'll start hassling people with rare items that don't want to trade. Don't make the same mistake Valve did.
        Add more answer options

• -1 nooo at first I figured why not? but i was reading someone elses ideas and how it would be like borderlands and you would just spread these super items around. then I started thinking about destiny and what bungie has mentioned about gear and how it represents you and where youve been. I think loot should not be shareable because everything you wear and use should be a reflection of your warrior and what they have done and where they have been.
        Add more answer options

14 Replies
        • [quote]So I found a few items (gear or weapons) which I had no use for because I'm not a fan of those weapons or the gear was to low level and I had a friend who could have use those weapons and gear but I was unable to give it to him. Can we please get a trade system or just a way to give your friends gear and weapons. I'd rather see a friend get my rare sniper than discard it. Please like if you agree and hopefully Bungie will see this and make it happen, thanks to everyone who does like and comment. and if you disagree... well than you can just leave, lol. no please leave a comment saying why you think this is not a good idea[/quote] I'm in favor of a trade system or even an auction house to where you can bid for items, but have a price system in place that doesn't allow outrageous prices. Also trades if in game should just be among friends list not fireteams. I like the loot system the way it is so no changes needed there, unless developers just want an option put in there for shared loot. Anyways good topic that could be looked at further, but also the way drops appear in the game it shouldn't take long to get the weapons suiting individual play styles.
          Add more answer options

• I think there should be a trading system not to give guns away for free but to trade value for value similar to the trading in pokemon u have to give up something to get something like if I had a snipe rifle and John Doe had a shotgun because I don't use snipers I would want to trade for his shotgun if he wanted my sniper that's all
          Add more answer options

• No. You should work for all of your gear. And I'm not sure if you are also meaning shared loot drops, this game would be complete trash if the loot is shared. Brb ninja'ing warglaives
          Add more answer options

• Hell No We are Guardians and we must proof that we deserve it
          Add more answer options

4 Replies
          • +1 YESSS
            Add more answer options

preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon
          You are not allowed to view this content.