JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

Feedback

Feedback and suggestions for Destiny.

Edited by Vicious: 7/23/2014 5:06:01 AM
Vicious

Add Audio Controls / Option to turn OFF in game music

Audio/Music Controls YES

Audio/Music Controls NO

I like the same game music for HUNDREDS of HOURS!

Bungie, Please add a Audio/Sound/Music control panel to the options in Destiny. Your music is great, but when I want to listen to my own music I have to either turn my game sound way down or listen to my music and yours battle it out in my head.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Yes, please add audio controls. Maybe with preferences between the different areas (Tower/Planet/Crucible). Please include controls for the mission/achievement updates. It is an unnecessary distraction where a small banner can have the same effect.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

1 Reply
    • I've posted in another thread that Bungie need to allow us to adjust all the audio options. Music, SFX and NPC Voice Overs.
      Add more answer options

• Just being able to reduce the music levels would be ace. The Xbox One is inferior to the 360 as well as you can't even play your own music instead of the game music. This is why Destiny needed to at least allow us to turn the darn music down. It's not that I hate Destiny... far from it. I've just cancelled my standard edition of the game and ordered the Limited Edition instead. I just wish I didn't get my ears blasted out with the music when the action heats up.
      Add more answer options

• We requested this during alpha feedback as well. Hopefully they're listening.
      Add more answer options

2 Replies
      • YES! please give us the option to change this or to turn the in game music down. it gets so loud i cant even hear the chat over the music on my ps4
        Add more answer options

• I completely agree, the in game sound interferes with chat a lot.
        Add more answer options

• Just to reduce the game volume so I can hear my fireteam
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • And at some points for some reason the music has to be the loudest thing. Some times I cant even hear my allies. Cant even hear my gun fire....
          Add more answer options

• I think the biggest failing of the ps4 is that there isn't a proper music app available (a pandora or spotify etc). If i could turn off the game music and listen to my own through the ps4 while playing Destiny, i'd be in heaven. I went back and watched the live action trailer again and couldn't get past the fact that the only thing in that trailer that isn't exactly spot on is the music bit - which mind you was one of the coolest bits.
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • Wow, thought it was me...so there is not a way to remove the music. That is a weird decision by the programmers.
            Add more answer options

• I know it's not a fix but if you have music on your system (X360 at least) playing your own music will eliminate theirs.
            Add more answer options

2 Replies
            • How can they not have a Audio control panel?! The music is so loud during battles I can barely hear my gun going off it's annoying.
              Add more answer options

• Edited by bmfspwnz: 9/25/2014 3:33:55 AM
              This is the kind of thing that has been in game option menus now for DECADES. The only possible answers for its absence I see are either that the bungie wants to "protect their intended experience" (in which case they need to quit game development and become a film studio), or that they simply don't want players to have the option to turn off the score they paid christ-knows-how-much for. Either answer is incredibly unacceptable though. I should not have to post on a forum asking for the option to listen to my own music in a $60(+) "AAA" game in 2014. This is not one of the (unfortunately rampant) cases of gamers acting entitled, it's just common sense.
              Add more answer options

• God yes, Bungie are like a dictatorship when it comes to this and aim assist.
              Add more answer options

• In the TV ad the fire team plays a Led Zeppelin song. I think it is false advertising. I am sick of having my playlist on then having the Destiny music play over it. If this problem is not taken seriously I am done with this game.
              Add more answer options

• This is exactly what I need... My PS4 headset broke, so I have been using some headphones of my own with a mic in it. The problems lies in the fact that I can't hear anyone speak unless I put all audio to my headphones, but the overload of audio from the game makes it impossible to hear what anyone is saying. Simply having the basic sound sliders would make it possible for me to hear my teammates while 761623 overpowering, ear-blasting noises are being thrown into my headphones at once.
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              • Seriously, with mid tone deafness I can only hear the music in boss fights. Independent volume control for music, fx, dialog, and fire team is pretty standard by video game standards these days. Who do we need to talk to to make this a reality?
                Add more answer options

• Kind of ridiculous a game today wouldn't allow you to turn down music or fx independent of voice chat or dialogue. Audio controls really needed here, bungie.
                Add more answer options

• Needs to be an adjustment in music and game that can be made as far as game chat vs game those options at on your console
                Add more answer options

• That would be great. Kind of makes the option to play your own music through Music Unlimited a bit pointless if you can't turn the sodding in-game music you've heard a thousand times before off.
                Add more answer options

• Absolutely. I haven't been vocal about it because I just assumed they would include this in the final release. If Bungie wants us to play this a lot we NEED AUDIO OPTIONS.
                Add more answer options

• Definitely need some good audio controls. During those epic raid moments, the music was so "epic" that i couldn't hear teammates over it, just had to kind of guess what was going on. The music is great but it needs some flexibility.
                Add more answer options

• This has to be in the next Patch!
                Add more answer options

• Bungie needs to add "SOUND OPTIONS"
                Add more answer options

• Yes. Full audio control please. I still want to hear gunfire and that shyte- for spacial awareness you know- but the music is too demanding. Right now your putting me in a bad spot, it's either game audio, or Iggy. 'So what'd you choose?' Well Iggy of course!
                Add more answer options

• This is a considerable fail on bungie's part and should have been implemented at the start. If this game has a 10 year plan did they expect us to like the same music for that long? I appreciate the AAA quality music and theme, but my 180$ headset is useless to cancel music and hear raid members. Something about this game being social too? As far as I can tell this game has nothing but barriers that we hope will be fixed when in 2014 one would only expect these to have been options include.
                Add more answer options

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon
              You are not allowed to view this content.