JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by tyfighter98: 7/6/2014 8:49:39 PM

Story or Crucible first?

Story for the win

Screw story mode I like my Multiplayer

So do you want to play the story or go straight to the crucible?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• If you don't farm for gear and weapons first you will get destroyed all day and night. The multiplayer is very unbalanced, at least on the beta. it's unfortunate.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Story bungie is best story tellers ever!
    Add more answer options

• You have to play at least the first 2 story missions to even access the crucible so you still have to play a little bit of the story.
    Add more answer options

• Only way to get a warp drive for your ship which is required to access other planets is to play the story mode first
    Add more answer options

• I would only play Crucible just to unlock something I really wanted (and get pwned for hours trying to get it)
    Add more answer options

• Finish story to level up considerably and get to the Vault of Glass. Then?????. Then PROFIT!
    Add more answer options

• In order to unlock Crucible you will need to play at least 2 hours of story. So naturally you would need to play Story first.
    Add more answer options

• Multiplayer can wait. Level up first then raid. Then take all my shiny new armor and weapons to the crucible.
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
    • Why not both? *Mexican fiesta*
      Add more answer options

• Bungie is forcing you to play story/free roam first before multiplayer because you must reach level 5 before you do anything else
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • [quote]So do you want to play the story or go straight to the multiplayer?[/quote] Get some really good guns then shoot online i recon
        Add more answer options

• If by multiplayer you mean the Crucible, I pick story, however, I will first do that in co-op which is also multiplayer
        Add more answer options

• Story and coop all day
        Add more answer options

• You can't access the Crucible without playing pvE for several levels worth of gameplay. Also considering that the gear you get is gear dependent, that isn't a good idea anyway
        Add more answer options

• You have to start your story mode before you go into multiplayer, from what I hear, multiplayer is locked until you spend a lil time on the singleplayer
        Add more answer options

2 Replies
        • Story first. This isn't Call of Duty lol That first night I'm pretty sure I'll fit in a few crucible matches
          Add more answer options

7 Replies
          • I remember bungie saying that you have to hit a certain level before you unlock the crucible so everyone will start with story.
            Add more answer options

• You can't do multiplayer first even if you wanted too. You have to unlock it.
            Add more answer options

• how about both, playing the story with a couple others off my friends list?
            Add more answer options

• Well technically, it's all multiplayer! :D
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • I wouldn't be comfortable going into the Crucible without a proper setup for my Guardians with regards to weapons and abillities I can live with :)
              Add more answer options

• Story. With pvp when a bunch of ppl wanna group up. But def gonna smoke thru story.
              Add more answer options

preload icon
            preload icon
            preload icon
            You are not allowed to view this content.