JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by o______________o: 6/21/2014 12:57:14 AM

Should timed exclusivity be retracted?

I know I'm not the only one who thinks the Xbox community has been very rude towards bungie recently. Now before you go assuming I'm a Sony fanboy, I had both the Xbox and Xbox 360, not the ps3. I simply decided to go with the ps4 this time around since Sony actually likes gamers. With that being said, the current Xbox community is very immature. I think bungie and Activision should retract the timed exclusivity and make the exclusives permanently exclusive to the ps4. The Xbox players should not be rewarded for their hostile behavior, they should not have a chance to experience the timed exclusives. What do you think?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

After much thought I find myself agreeing with you. The Xbox community is immature. Just look at the replies I this thread. And here I was hoping we would come together in the end. But I guess you can't satisfy everybody.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

36 Replies
    • Edited by waltzz22: 8/8/2014 11:16:06 AM
      Nah a few are douches , but most are ok people, and having gone through the Skyrim fiasco where Bethesda basically takes a dump on ps3 users, I can understand them being a bit miffed. I don't think the majority of Xboxers ought to be penalised for the behaviour of a nasty minority. Cause to be fair going by the OP criteria, one could argue that PS4 should loose their exclusives, because some Stationists are trouble making arse hats ... Just saying. But really neither will happen because its not a privilege or a perk, dispensed to reward or withheld to punish, Its business Sony ponied up (yeh I know) the readies and we Stationers got some vanity sprinkles and a couple of missions/maps for a bit. Let it be and lets move on the game is nearly here. Be Brave Guardians and make your bodies ready. #NerfAusguard
      Add more answer options

• I hold no ill will towards xbox users, but all i can say is that as a long term PS user, from the original playstation right up to the PS4 i am just glad that Sony has finally decided to put a marker down and invest in the future of its gaming community.
      Add more answer options

• Your so stereotypical haha.I remember seeing more Immature stuff from psn than Xbox but that is just the good ol create your own emblem from black ops. There are immature people everywhere man get use to it. Before you are labeled a consoleist. [spoiler]yes I just made that up [/spoiler]
      Add more answer options

• Longface! I've missed you.
      Add more answer options

• Damn! She got 33 replies, why not me:( Anyway back on topic! I bought a Xbox One 3days in to the beta just so I can play Destiny. The reason I chose Xbox is cause I was more familiar whit the Xbox but I know that the PS4 is more a gaming console then Xbox!
      Add more answer options

• Lawl. People dont read hashtags! FEED ME YOUR TEARS! Although Ive probably got a lifetime supply from bitter Xboners already. Maybe I can sell the excess as lube.
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • You can't just say that a whole group of people are bad because of a minority of morons. I can understand why many xbox players are hostile, especially "fanboys", as they are fans of halo and feel like they are getting a second rate version of the game for supporting the console bungie made famous. Yes they need to get over themselves but they are only a relatively small % of a greater number. You sir, need to stop being so self righteous.
        Add more answer options

• Edited by wh1plash2: 8/8/2014 1:04:28 AM
        No, and rubbing things in ppls face and makeing post like this are better then those complaining.
        Add more answer options

• You post that as if it's all Xbox being rude in the forum it's equally both to say its one or the other is completely absurd
        Add more answer options

• Genius, as an xbox owner I support this 100%
        Add more answer options

• here we go again
        Add more answer options

• No... Business, is business.
        Add more answer options

2 Replies
        • We'll console owners have one thing we can agree on PC master race people need to stop hating on us and acting like they are all high and mighty
          Add more answer options

• As a playstation owner, I think the xbox community should get the exclusive content at the same time as us. Exclusive content is bollocks.
          Add more answer options

4 Replies
          • I have to disagree. We don't need more of a void between gamers. The two companies each have their strengths and weaknesses that if they worked together we'd have one fantastic console. Sadly they get too much enjoyment pitting us off against one another so that we're constantly fighting over who is best. Its pathetic. They're a bunch of children and its their immaturity that has created the immature nature of the communities. Just ignore those few that follow suit and let bungie close the gap to stop the chaos that is tearing apart what has always been a strong community.
            Add more answer options

2 Replies
            • I dont like timed exclusives. Always Makes 1 Side sad...
              Add more answer options

• I'm an xbox gamer and i don't care about the timed exclusivity. It seems like it has died down quite a bit anyway. Both consoles have their immature fanboys. Had this gone the other way Sony fanboys would have been outraged all the same.
              Add more answer options

3 Replies
              • I'm sorry but how can you say "i'm not a sony fanboy" and then state something like "since sony actually likes gamers." It's no wonder you got flamed. Even if you didn't mean to take a jab at the xbox side you did. If you were any sensible mature person you would realize that the community doesn't reflect how everyone actually is. I know plenty of respectable people on both sides of the fence. Oh and if you ask my opinion sony is just as bad. I can't support a company that literally makes it's $$$'s off of bashing xbox. Now i don't think sony is bad. I'm just pointing out that your side isn't any better. As for my opinion on the exclusives i think that a game that is shared across platforms shouldn't have any sort of exclusives. All it does is promote flame wars and other stupid shit. But at least these are only timed and not real exclusives.
                Add more answer options

• With all due respect, labeling the entirety of the Xbox community immature is quite the sweeping statement. The vocal minority who have acted immaturely deserve to be called out, same with those PS owners who act in the same manner, you don't see those users who know better creating threads like "PS4 is teh suxors" or however you kids say it. Your broad and sweeping generalisation of Xbox users as a whole without a doubt shows the kind of character you have, and in a game like Destiny where you rely on your friends and an active community to get the most out of the game, I'm very happy that you and I will not be sharing a server, and will instead enjoy the game with the non vocal mature Xbox community.
                Add more answer options

• Edited by PuppiesNPudding: 8/7/2014 10:52:51 PM
                I am a Xbox player and I don't care about the limited timed content and I haven't stirred up any shit about it. I guarantee if this content was exclusive to Xbox there would be Sony fanboys complaining about this on the forums. Also this post is a very passive aggressive post towards the Xbox community as a whole. By you posting this you are part of the problem you are complaining about it. You are also just as immature as the "Xbox community" you are complaining about.
                Add more answer options

• What do I think? I think you need to grow up.
                Add more answer options

• Only for the people too stupid to realise this isn't serious.
                Add more answer options

• I just recently purchased an Xbox One, as I like the UI and feel of the controller. I personally don't mind that PS users get timed exclusives for Destiny. I know a lot of companies (Activision especially) have given Xbox users timed exclusives more, and it's nice to have something to look forward to later.
                Add more answer options

• I have an xbox one, and my butt hurts.
                Add more answer options

• Smart businesses don't do that. Their goal is to make money. Releasing "time exclusive" material to the other consoles is a way to do that. Why limit your cash flow when you can play on both sides of the fence?
                Add more answer options

preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon
              You are not allowed to view this content.