JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

originally posted in:The Garage
6/20/2014 3:50:35 AM

Your Thoughts on Hybrid Supercars?

What are your thoughts on the new batch of Hybrid supercars? Personally I think they're amazing. they're taking things to a whole new level. It's just astonishing. I'd kill for a drive in a P1.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I still prefer a Challenger.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

5 Replies
    • Gosh, I read that as Hydra Superstars. Haha
      Add more answer options

• i mean, it's neat, but i wish we'd focus on hybrid technologies in regular cars as a priority.
      Add more answer options

5 Replies
      • Electric engines make max torque at essentially every RPM rate, an extremely useful quality in cars and motorcycles.
        Add more answer options

5 Replies
        • Hybrid=good All Electric=extremely unpractical
          Add more answer options

2 Replies
          • The Tesla is one great car with great milage and charging spots all over the USA. I'm not even mad its an electric.
            Add more answer options

4 Replies
            • No. Fully leaded petrol all the way.
              Add more answer options

4 Replies
              • TESLAAAAAAAAAAAA
                Add more answer options

• Also don't think the P1 Mclaren is some sort of monster that the other 2 can't touch, rumour is that the 918 was faster then the P1 around the track in a recant top gear test.
                Add more answer options

4 Replies
                • As long as its fast....
                  Add more answer options

• They ight
                  Add more answer options

• The powerband of an electric motor is amazing to me. Though it takes some creative engineering and gearing to translate that into the traditional acceleration, speed and driving experience that a gasoline engine delivers.
                  Add more answer options

• I don't like em.
                  Add more answer options

6 Replies
                  • Edited by BC1096: 6/20/2014 4:19:52 AM
                    The P1 and 918 were on my radar. I adore the P1, and hope to drive one at some point in my life. All of them have been sold :,( La Ferrari hasn't been on my radar, though I have heard it's impressive. But the P1 takes the cake for me. Will I ever own a hybrid super car? Maybe, the 918 and P1 aren't ludicrously expensive, the 918 price is more then decent (when compared to the others.) I have been and driven around in a Huayra. It heavily grew on me after that
                    Add more answer options

8 Replies
                    • Awesome. If they sounded like this it would be perfect.
                      Add more answer options

2 Replies
                      • I'll take a 918 please
                        Add more answer options

1 Reply
                        • I want one
                          Add more answer options

• I like the concept, but I'm not super-hyped about any of the cars out now. It will be cool when we can get affordable sports cars with this technology though.
                          Add more answer options

2 Replies
                          • I absolutely love the P1 and 918, amazing cars.
                            Add more answer options

• In your face, Prius!
                            Add more answer options

6 Replies
                            • One day we'll have tech like that in your standard ecobox. That's gonna be cool.
                              Add more answer options

1 Reply
                              • Ferrari LaFerrari is such a stupid name.
                                Add more answer options

2 Replies
                                • Listening to the e-tron in Le Mans this year, it was just a little, well boring. No throaty exhaust note. Very little screaming at high rpm. It was quiet. Too quiet. Sure it's fast, but there was just something unsettling about it not proclaiming it's dominance.
                                  Add more answer options

5 Replies
                                  • I would rather have the MP4-12C and I would rather have the Ford GT than anything else. I was in Daytona a few weeks back and they had a car show with a bunch of supercars. They had a P1 there.
                                    Add more answer options

• Not surprised overall As cobra said, the time of the affordable hybrid sports car is coming whether you like it or not. Motorsport and cars like this typically lead the way for technology that eventually becomes more attainable to the public as the years go by. The Porsche 959 used technology in the 80's that are now common place in affordable cars across several different categories, not just sports cars/supercars. Stuff like stability control, advanced traction control, adjustable suspension settings, and many other advancements. That said, I'll cling to my high displacement V8's like a heroin addict till that time comes, and I'll reluctantly accept the fact that throaty exhaust notes will be pushed into the pages of history.
                                    Add more answer options

3 Replies
                                    • I didn't know someone had made a hybrid supercar, cool! I only knew about that electric supercar from Mercedes (model name escapes me at the moment). I'd gladly take one of those beasts, even if you can't "refuel" as fast as a conventional car. All that power... right from the moment you touch the pedal... [i]and[/i] it can corner... oh the fun I would have!
                                      Add more answer options

preload icon
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon
                                    You are not allowed to view this content.