JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Pardon our dust! We are pushing a patch live today. Players will be required to log in to Destiny again after returning to the title screen to install the patch. You should not be removed from any activities you are currently in.

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

Edited by Xeno Prodigy: 5/22/2014 7:13:31 PM

Yo BRO, BROtein Powder, BRO

So. I've been considering switching to a new brand of protein powder since I usually use Optimum Nutrition and that shit gets real expensive. Somebody recomended this site to me, [url=http://truenutrition.com/p-1126-custom-mix.aspx ]True Nutrition[/url]. They let you make your own protein blend, and apparently the cinnabun flavor is amazing. Gave me some code for 10% off or something. KYR104, for anyone that is interested. Well, I was scrolling through their list of protein options and other than whey concetrate (Milk), their Soy Free Non-GMO Pea Protein is the cheapest. A few reviews I read online say it is healthier and more effective than whey concetrate, while a couple others argued it is slightly less effective as while it has a comparable amino acid profile to whey, it lacks a couple that whey has. Anyone have any experience with Pea Protein powders? Does it mix well? What brand do you use?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• _______oBBBBB8o______oBBBBBBB _____o8BBBBBBBBBBB__BBBBBBBBB8________o88o, ___o8BBBBBB**8BBBB__BBBBBBBBBB_____oBBBBBBBo, __oBBBBBBB*___***___BBBBBBBBBB_____BBBBBBBBBBo, _8BBBBBBBBBBooooo___*BBBBBBB8______*BB*_8BBBBBBo, _8BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB8ooBBBBBBB8___________8BBBBBBB8, __*BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB8_o88BB88BBBBBBBBBBBB, ____*BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB8, ______**8BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB*, ___________*BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB8*, ____________*BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB8888**, _____________BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB*, _____________*BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB*, ______________*BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB8, _______________*BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB*, ________________8BBBBBBBBBBBBBBB8, _________________8BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBo, __________________BBBBBBBBBBBBBBB8, __________________BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB, __________________8BBBBBBBBBBBBBBB8, __________________*BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB, __________________8BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB8, _________________oBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB, ________________oBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB, ________________BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB, _______________8BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB8, ______________oBBBBBBBBB88BBBBBBBBB8, ______________8BBBBBBBBB*8BBBBBBBBB*, ______________BBBBBBBBB*_BBBBBBBBB8, ______________BBBBBBBB8_oBBBBBBBBB*, ______________8BBBBBBB__oBBBBBBBB*, ______________BBBBBBB*__8BBBBBBB*, _____________8BBBBBB*___BBBBBBB*, ____________8BBBBBB8___oBBBBBB8, ___________8BBBBBB8____8BBBBBB*, __________oBBBBBB8____BBBBBBB8, __________BBBBBBB8___BBBBBBBB*, _________oBBBBBBB8___BBBBBBBB, _________8BBBBBB8____BBBBBBB*, _________BBBBBB*_____8BBBBB*, ________oBBBB8_______BBBBB*, ________oBBB8________BBBB*, ______8BBBB*_______*BBBBBBBB8o, ______BBBBB*____________*88BBBo
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

1 Reply
    • Edited by K1lLL ST3AL: 5/24/2014 7:21:03 PM
      >2014 >Using Failteen Powder and not eating your Spinach
      Add more answer options

• I've taken a stint of protein. It didn't do anything for me. I weight train every other day while doing running in between lifting days. I do full body, collegiate level workouts and have been for 2 years now. And my gains have been impressive for not taking any supplements. My diet does it all for me.
      Add more answer options

2 Replies
      • I remember I had to switch brands a few weeks ago and it gave me the most horrific diarrhea I've ever had. NEVER use whey from Body Fortress.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • >2014 >not eating whole sharks
          Add more answer options

• >2014 >Still using protein powder
          Add more answer options

3 Replies
          • [quote]protein powder[/quote]
            Add more answer options

3 Replies
            • Optimum is the purest stuff that I'm aware of. I'm sticking to that.
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              • Edited by A Cheese Potato: 5/24/2014 3:46:42 AM
                I bro, you bro, he/she/me bro. Bro, broing, bro-ology, the study of bro, it's first grade spongebro!
                Add more answer options

• >brotein powder you know, i don't think adding powdered semen will improve your MlG S1kk gains. protein powder, maybe. whey is a part of grains. peas are a canned vegetable. take your pick of what veggies you want to eat and blend it with lean blue steaks. same thing.
                Add more answer options

1 Reply
                • 2bro4me
                  Add more answer options

1 Reply
                  • Edited by Raptorkid24: 5/22/2014 8:54:46 PM
                    Save your self some money, and just eat wild bugs. Them critters filled with protein.
                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                    • I heard semen has plenty of protein.
                      Add more answer options

9 Replies
                      • The protein that I've used for years now has been vanilla Syntha-6.
                        Add more answer options

• Edited by HurtfulTurkey: 5/22/2014 7:10:46 PM
                        Go to CostCo and buy their giant 6lb bag for $40. It's got a lot of cholesterol but you're not 50 so -blam!- it. I use it for my meal replacement shakes after lifting.
                        Add more answer options

3 Replies
                        • Waste of money. Cook a chicken breast, eat a can of tuna or 2 tbsp. peanut butter after your workout. Your body is shitting out all that extra protein it's not absorbing.
                          Add more answer options

6 Replies
                          • In highschool and college I always used Garden of Life protien powder because it was gluten free/vegan.
                            Add more answer options

• I don't use any protein powder, nor do I take any form of supplements. Just food and good eating brah. But tbf, I've stopped lifting due to revision and my diet's gone to shit. And when I look at myself in the mirror I realize I ain't got jackshit gains.
                            Add more answer options

• YOU WANNA MAKE SOME GAINZ?
                            Add more answer options

• I need Brotein!
                            Add more answer options

• Diet.
                            Add more answer options

preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          You are not allowed to view this content.