Clues that the Vanguard is a subclass of the Titan
1. Look at the newly released Titan concept art. It is very similar (the belt even looks exactly the same) to the character in the selection screen with the unknown symbol.
2. The unknown symbol and the Titan's symbol look pretty similar too. It's just a little detail that sets them apart.
3. The unknown symbol is also on the chestplate of the Titan in the recently released character trailer (he wears the previously mentioned belt too). This could be the Vanguard armor which was mentioned in the latest OXM issue.
4. When the Titan is shown in the character trailer there is a "V" and an "S" in the sign in the bottom left corner. Maybe "V" stands for Vanguard and "S" for the second subclass.
4. These are quotes from different sources (IGN, Polygon, Mail Sack) describing the same situation:
[quote]A shootout soon turns ugly for Staten’s Warlock and Jones’s [b]Vanguard[/b]. Fortunately, a mysterious female player – rocking a Hunter class – speeds in on the very Ghost-like Pike vehicle and helps turn the tide [...][/quote][quote]Now a fireteam of three, they survive their battle against the Sandeaters and claim their prize: exotic weapons looted from Charlemagne's chamber. Those recovered weapons, an onyx, spiked "hand cannon" named Thorn, and a sleek, [b]angular shotgun named Invictive[/b], are part of Destiny's narrative.[/quote][quote]Jason finds a new shotgun – [b]perfect for his close-quarters combat style[/b].[/quote]
A shotgun. Sounds a lot like a Titan, doesn't it? Apart from this the name Vanguard would suit a close-quarters combat subclass quite well.
5. (From the same Mail Sack in which the shotgun Jason's Vanguard picked up was mentioned)[quote][b][u]Xenos85[/u] What class of the announced classes is your favorite?[/b]
Two Words: Titan [Redacted]!
[b]Amos Yuen, Associate Engineer[/b][/quote]
What do you think?