JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

Edited by Girls are scary: 1/28/2014 5:56:29 AM

What song makes you remember?

Today I've been listening to a lot of music I haven't listened to in years. Some of these tracks remind me of my past self and how I acted at the time. They reminded me of the people I met and how I interacted with them. It also reminded me of the crude vernacular I tended to use so often, getting me in weird situations. Ironically, the name of my song is "When you were young" by [u]The Killers[/u] [b]What song/band/soundtrack reminds you of yourself?[/b] Anything goes.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by SkilPhil: 1/28/2014 3:37:57 PM
    This reminds me of my childhood, underage drinking and running from the police for no reason, simply to get a chase because we were bored.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

3 Replies
    • ­
      Add more answer options

2 Replies
      • ­
        Add more answer options

• ­
        Add more answer options

• [i]I can say whatever comes happens; but I followed my heart, goddamn it.[/i]
        Add more answer options

• Edited by We are Geth: 1/28/2014 8:32:58 AM
        When I was about 7, still riding to my grandparents house in the morning with my mom to be dropped off, or to the store, a restaurant, or playground by my aunts, they'd have this song playing pretty frequently. I thought he was black. Looking at anything post 2000 seems to be a bit deceptive on its age. This song was from around 2002, 12 years ago, yet something about the number just doesn't make it resonate like that.
        Add more answer options

• ­
        Add more answer options

• Dis.
        Add more answer options

• Edited by Prurient: 1/28/2014 8:15:40 AM
        [i]DAY TURNS TO NIGHT AS I RISE FROM THE GRAVE BLACK WAS THE HOLE WHERE I LAID[/i] Makes me think of my first foray into Extreme Metal, and when I really, really started getting hugely into music. Listening to Metal all day and finding new stuff to listen to, it was awesome. I just picked that song cus it got me into Thrash which got me into Death Metal which got me into Black Metal and so forth. There are a few songs that make me feel like this though, some more examples (not all Metal related): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_unV0UPGUY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woe_4gkS4XU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS6-vI70oc0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OyytKqYjkE (part of what got me started with serious music interest) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEKTNtmKZEw (I don't like them as much now, but that solo made me wanna play guitar) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mZ54FJ6h-k (got me into Jazz, ugh so fantastically good) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id8gpBBlZ-o
        Add more answer options

3 Replies
        • Edited by Jim the Admin: 1/28/2014 8:33:27 AM
          This song was extremely popular on the radio around the time I started dating my first girlfriend. There was plenty of time spent in my foggy windowed Jeep while this song played in the background. It brings back a slew of memories because this song was playing when I asked her out and also when I broke up with her. It essentially embodies everything that relationship was. Every time it plays I can remember so much of what happened during the time we dated. Not all of it shows the best side of who I am, and it's a bitter reminder of my shortcomings as partner.
          Add more answer options

5 Replies
          • Edited by Balto: 1/28/2014 7:47:56 AM
            This song. *tears*
            Add more answer options

3 Replies
            • [i] [/i]
              Add more answer options

randomrosso
              randomrosso

I'm new here. :) - old

I much prefer songs that remind me of my childhood. I've spammed the lyrics here a few times surprisingly enough, but Natalie Imbruglia's - Torn has that effect on me.
              Add more answer options

2 Replies
              • Here's one.
                Add more answer options

2 Replies
                • CAN YOU TELL ME OF THESE PAST DEEDS AND SONGS THAT MAKE YOU REMEMBER?
                  Add more answer options

11 Replies
                  • Edited by Vien Quitonm: 1/28/2014 5:39:10 AM
                    This song in particular slows me down. During the span of this, I have glanced back to the older days of my past. While the song built up, the reflection of my past moved forward until the climax of the song. And now I am in present time, with the familiar slow tune which was playing at the beginning... deciding what task I should perform next in life. Older songs such as "Sex and Candy" by Marcy Playground brought back some childhood memories.
                    Add more answer options

2 Replies
                    • Shake me down by cage the elephant. All the feels.
                      Add more answer options

• Edited by Izz: 1/28/2014 6:14:56 AM
                      Being totally serious. Requiem: Lacrimosa by Mozart, has always brought up my darker memories. But it also reminds me that our obstacles make us stronger, and there is a bigger picture in life.
                      Add more answer options

7 Replies
                      • NONE. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A SENSE OF THE TYPE OF MUSIC I LIKE, SO IT WOULD BE LIKE REMEMBERING EVVERYTHING I HAVE EVER DONE SO I JUST CLOSE OFF MY MIND FROM THE MEMORIES. IF I DONT IT HUTS MY HEAD.
                        Add more answer options

7 Replies
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        You are not allowed to view this content.